bodybuilderson is offline New Member

everyone's opinion on teens on aas, suggestions and facts(thisll be fun)

Just wanted everyone's .02 on this strongly debated issue. Everyones expeirienceswho have used as a teen, or know someone who has. Also opinions on a good teen cycle? I also wated to spark a debate lol, they can get quite interesting.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    i am 18 years old and have done a cycle. My only regret was not knowing everything i could know and not knowing about anabolic review beforehand. I really fucked up my first cycle due to lack of commitment on my nutrition and lack of commitment to the responsibility that i had taken up. to make a long story short i basically took 7 weeks of a deca /d-bol cycle then quit.i did the d-bol for 5 weeks and the deca for 7 weeks at 400mg/week, i am dissapointed in the gains that i made but fully realize that it was my own fault. In my belief the only reason anyone under 23 shouldn't do a cycle is due to lack of knowledge about proper nutrition, sufficient rest, and proper training, but if a person 18-22 learns all he can from ar and decides that his body is ready for steroids then the more power to them.b/c I have made this decision and very shortly i will begin my next cycle which i will not fuck up thanx to ANABOLIC REVIEW.COM

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    bump up,we need more replies

skii96 is offline Member
    i did my first cycle right on my 20th b-day and was glad i found a knowledgable board to help me with being a newbie. if enough research is done an 18 year old should have no problems except ya wont grow any taller. so hopefully u arent 5' 4". hehehe

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    let's say I made some mistakes before I found this board back when I was 16.

Teens and AS don't mix especialy if they dont no what there doing. Although I don't see much wrong with people 18+ juicing depending on how long they have worked out and how much they know about diet as well.

G-PIG is offline Associate Member
    im 12 yrs old, i want big guns!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Opening Pandora's Box, I See...

Not really, but you have just opened up an interesting debate, bodybuilderson. By the way, if I haven't said it already, welcome to A.R.

Now, you are a special case. You have snuck into A.R. even though we require a mininmum age of 18. (It's in the user agreement on the main anabolicreview.com screen.) But you could have claimed to be older (well, insofar as you checked off the "I agree" block, you did), but you have chosen to be honest with us about your age. So, with the caveat that we do not officially endorse your presence here and that the board does not encourage AS use in general (but recognizing that you could sign on and claim to be any age nonetheless), I'll provide my answer to the question you have raised.

When I was a kid, we were taught that cigarette smoking stunts your growth. I think that was largely anecdotal (but do not recommend that anyone smoke), but the notion that AS use can retard your developmental progress is not merely anecdotal, but grounded in numerous studies over the years.

The key question I would ask is, why take the chance? You, for example, are 5'6" at 16 years old. I remember when I was in middle/junior high school, the point at which most of the guys started to reach puberty. (For some, it was earlier, for others it wasn't until high school - or even later. I hit puberty when I was 11 years old, so I know there can be quite a difference from person to person.) Once you hit that point, whenever it comes, that's when you will experience the bulk of your developmental changes, ranging from depening of the voice to development of body hair to growth in height and bulk.

Now, will you continue to grow from 5'6" to whatever? Statistically, the answer is probably. Not definitely, but probably, to some degree. Most guys will, some guys won't, and some guys have stopped before they even hit 5'6". Life is a crap shoot in any number of ways, and height is merely one of them. But why take the chance of stopping before you have reached your maximum, whatever it is?

It's not just a matter of height. Playing around with anabolic steroids too early can skew other developmental areas that range from bone density development to fertility (right down to how horny you will be as you go through life). In the Over 30 forum and by numerous PM's from individuals, I see how many guys are concerned because they have done specific types of cycles and are ending up with low natural testosterone levels at younger ages than I would normally expect.

Is doing anabolic cycles the cause of their low test levels? I don't know, but anecdotally (meaning not supported by research), I have to believe that it could be a contributing factor.

Let me try to outline the mental philosophy you are likely operating under: We live in a society that has a "bulked-up GI Joe" mentality. (By way of background, the GI Joe dolls - c'mon, guys, it's okay to call them dolls - of the 1960's were normal in build and physique. Moving through the next few decades, GI Joe has come to be built with a physique that no human being could possibly match. Combine that with the physicial ideal that you see when you watch WWF, WCW, or any other wrestling show (not to mention any type of competitive show on TV), and you become subject to a social pressure that leads you to want to bulk to the max. Growing up, you play amateur wrestler in the back yard (which has result in injuries to young guys - and even young girls - way too numerous to conceive), and develop a kick-ass mentality that leads you to want to bulk in any way you can.

Compounding that is an additional problem: We live in an inherently lazy society that gets its rocks off on a fast food culture - the worst crap you could eat. And we end up thinking that anabolic steroids are like a magic pill (or magic shot) that will bulk us up without the need to engage in healthy eating or exercise.

At 16, bodybuilderson, you've got a long life ahead of you - much longer than we have as adults, because a lot of us have some years on you. I've already hit my halfway mark, you haven't even touched your quarter-of-the-way mark.

Your developmental growth, asuming that you are still actively in the puberty process, will continue, possibly for a good few years. If you knew that using steroids now would interrupt, or even end, that process prematurely, would you still want to use the 'roids? (That's arhetorical question, bro - I hope the answer is no.)

So what's the best teen cycle? Bro, I don't even recommend specific cycles for guys or women who are 20 years older than you. That's because we each have to accept responsibility as individuals for the specific cycles in which we choose to engage. Each of us has to do our own research, set specific goals and objectives, develop routines that take in the big pictures (cycle and exercise and diet), and that's a very individual thing. We each have to consider a totality of items ranging from our height-weight ratios, any underlying medical conditions, family history of medical conditions, and a host of other factors. So there's no one best cycle for everyone, let alone for teens.

You already know where I'm going with this: What I recommend is that you reach your maximum natural potential, and then consider what, if anything, would be helpful in terms of anabolics. And that should be a few years off. In the meantime, you've taken the right step to hit boards like this one (especially this one) and educate yourself about anabolics so that, if and when you are ready, you'll have a much more solid knowledge of AS than a guy who tries to jump into the deep end of a swimming pool before he has learned to swim.

Sure, you're gonna find guys who have done a cycle at 18 - maybe even at 17 or 16. A few of them may have reached their natural max, but they're in the minority. Other guys will not have reached their natural max until they're in their 20's. Again, each person is an individual.

The toughest thing for anyone - regardless of age - is to practice patience, to get it right before taking the plunge. And anabolics is like anything else in life - the older you get, the more you will realize what you don't know, and the more it will hit you that learning about anything is a lifelong experience.

At your age, the use of anabolics is a form of resistance, just as smoking cigarettes, drinking, or using drugs. We sometimes do these things precisely because our parents, teachers, or someone else has told us not to. Bro, it takes brass balls to go against that grain, especially when you have peer pressure from friends who are doing these things. And by refusing to to them, sometimes you will lose friends (as if they were true friends in the first place?) occasionally. But you will also be better off for it. Whether it's anabolics or anything else, do them if and when you are ready, not when some idiot tells you that you're ready.

And, regardless of your age, if you are just at the point of beginning to learn about anabolics, you're not ready. (For what that's worth, I'd say the same thing whether you were 16 or 40.) You've taken the right first step, now take it at the right speed.

End of lesson. Because you've been so cool, no homework tonight.

McBain is offline Member
    Great post TNT. I'm 20, going to be 21 in a few months and I have to say that looking back on it there is no way I was in a position to make a rational decision at age 18 or even 19. I have changed so much in these past couple years in maturity. Of course some may have matured faster than me but on average I consider myself and have been told by others I am very mature. I have been researching and fiddling with my diet and routine. I read constantly about diet and supplements, anything that might give me the slightest edge. I am considering a cycle in a few months and I think that I even might possibly be jumping the gun, although I have learned a lot lately so I think in a few months I should be ready. I can not conceive of 18 year olds, nevermind 17 year olds, thinking they are ready. Of course there are people who are out of the ordinary like sk* for example, and I know a few others who juiced early because of their sport. Basically how I look at it is if you are a rational mature adult and have done research and know EXACTLY what the pros and cons of your cycle are, you don't scrimp on money and you save up and get the best quality you can get and don't scrimp on ancilleries, and you have your diet and routine in check, I think it is ok to take the plunge. Given this, I am assuming that with knowledge you won't be an idiot if educated because as I stated as a prerequisite is being a mature, rational adult. I have not reached my maximum genetic potential, I'm probably a good 20-25lbs from it, so I know I am jumping the gun in some peoples' mind; however I know my body exceptionally well (due to many injuries, which have only made me stronger), I have a good understanding of nutrition and supplements, I know what works for me routine-wise, and I've done a lot of research/talking to people about the cycle I am thinking about and the drugs I might be taking and what they would do and what I might expect for side effects. Weighing the risks involved and the things I have to gain is my final task, one I continue to ponder every day. I think if you have gone through the steps I have gone through (and gotten a wide variety of opinions as well I forgot to mention this as so many different people have different opinions you should never just take advice from 1 person no matter how knowledgable they are) then I think it is acceptable to take the plunge. Also I am a bit shocked that more people don't look at anatomy books to see where the major nerves are, I agree that there are some good sites on where to do injections but personally I want to know where the main nerves run so I know where to avoid EXACTLY. This is one piece I think many lack. Also a basic understanding of the endocrine system I have found to be a neccessity to understand the risks involved. Anyways point of this rambling was to try to help some of the younger people thinking about juicing get some direction and know what they should learn before doing it. (Also forgot to mention but it was implied a bit, that I think one should be around 21 on average, and if you hit puberty late don't even think about it, personally I haven't grown since I was 16 so I know damn well I am done )

Although even with all that, I am judging myself as correct so this could just be a long self-justification. I am interested on whether or not people agree with me.

Uconish is offline Member
    I dont think your age should matter I mean if your older than 18 then you are considered an adult and allowed to make your own choices Ive seen alot of teens on this board that know alot more about AS and have been training longer than some of the older guys that want to do AS Im planning on doing my first cycle and im almost 20 but ive been training since high school, im getting my diet solid, and im learning more and more everyday I definately wont do anything until im copletely sure I know what Im doing and have left no questions unanswered The biggest mistake i read about teens and AS is that they werent prepared because they didnt educate themselves My advise is take advantage of these boards Learn as much as you can and when you finally think your ready take the plunge Just dont rush into anything

jbrand is offline Member
    the two don't mix in my book. teenagers already have the biological advantage, and it is in my experience that teenagers have no regard for the future impact of substance abuse.

Redneck is offline Junior Member
    MY opinions are on the trhead (how many teens on the board?) as is most of this debate. you might want to check it out, as it is still going on, and has some cool insight.

jbrand is offline Member
    the simple truth is that teenagers have a biological advantage as is. it's not about getting the best results in a limited time frame, it's about working with your body--not against it.

McBain is offline Member
    My understanding on why you shouldn't juice at such a young age such as 17 is such. We all know that the doses and steroids one would use to get big increases one's testosterone levels . I have no actual basis for these numbers they are used as an example. But lets say a 21 year old who's been out of puberty for 5 years has a test level of 100, a 16 year old in puberty might have one of 150. One of the reasons you get side effects is because your test levels are so high, yes they can be controlled somewhat, but if you test levels are say around 900 you are going to be feeling some side effects. So like I was saying if a 21 year old (with the 100) and 16 year old (with the 150 or 200) take the same doses the 21 year old might end up with a test of around 500, while the 16 year old could be around 600. Thus more likely to see side effects. Also the whole idea that I mentioned above and some others have mentioned VERY few teens have the perspective and wisdom to make rational decisions. I don't care if 18 says you are an adult, I don't think most people become adults until they are around 23 or even higher. Some never do. Looks at the average senior at the high school you went to, you consider them adults?! I can't think of a single high school senior (when I was there) that I would consider a rational, mature adult. Mature enough to make a decision about a serious matter like AS. I'm not saying they aren't out there, but its rare. Plus like I mentioned above your hormones are already going crazy and AS can send you over the edge. Also teens are more prone to depression and might not be able to handle to emotional stresses of AAS (not to say all adults can but teens are less likely as 99% of them don't truly know who they are yet). I know when i was 17 I'd say that's bullshit I know who I am etc. but trust me bro, I've been there I'm only 20 right now I remember. I've never met you before, so I can't be the judge of it, all I'm saying is that 99% of kids, even if they are educated shouldn't be juicing at 17 imo. At least wait a couple years. But you are going to do what you are going to do. But like I said the risks are increased so keep the dosages/cycles more moderate since you already have higher test levels. Plus since your not done emotionally growing as well a cycle can fuck you up in the head big time. Read Mike's (I think?) post about how he's on anti-anxiety pills for the rest of his life from juicing at a young age.

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah but like I said most teens don't have the perspective to make a good decision. When I was 18 I got drunk 3,4, sometimes even 5 nights a week. I would smoke weed probably 3 times per week. And dipped into some harder drugs as well. Some of the decisions I made really fucked me when it came to applying to schools, I had a great GPA, and last semester junior and first semester senior year just fucked me because I got involved in that shit. I didn't have the perspective to see how it was going to fuck me in the long run. I know you aren't me, but I would just weight this decision very heavily. Things turned out fine for me, I recovered and am attending a great school that I love, but there are definitely decisions that you can make as a teen that you can't recover from. Let me try to find Mike's post I was talking about.

bodybuilderson is offline New Member
    Hey guys, sorry i didnt know anyone replied to this yet. But here's some info on myself, I'm about to turn 17 and have been lifting since about 12 no joke, my father is a bodybuilder and its in my blood. I have researched all my stuff like you guys said, and you guys actually talked me out of t2, i did make the mistake of buying it before all research. I have t2, eq, winny, and t400. I'll probably only end up using the winny and boldenone , but im in the process of getting trenbolone , which i think would be ideal for a teen. I plan to compete possibly, and im fairly well educated, ive been posting at meso for probably 4 months now. any opinions are welcome from you guys, i know youre trying to help me, but help me by making sure i do it right the first time. I've obviously made up my mind, so try helping me on the right cycle and gear.

jbrand is offline Member
    i am sorry to hear about your personal problems bro. i feel you are choosing to use AAS for all the wrong reasons. you have to be strong in times of grief, that in essence will make you the "bigger" individual.

McBain is offline Member
    It doesn't sound to me like that's why he is doing it. Seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders actually. Only recommendation I would have is don't be afraid to enjoy yourself. I love bodybuilding as well but it's nice to span out, there's more to life You're young so enjoy yourself somewhat. But I respect your determination and dedication bro. btw check your PM's johan

chance is offline New Member
    my name is chance,

I am debaiting using roids, i am a jounior about to be a senior in high school i weigh 240 6 foot1 my brother first introduced me to steriods about a month ago. I have worked out for the past 4 years and have been stuck benching 255 for the past 8 weeks and was looking for advice i am not sure if i want to use roids if you have used steroids i would like you to give some advice and e mail me at [email protected]

Thread Information