smiler is offline Senior Member

5/8 inch is plenty

first off I have been taking weekly shots for almost 2 years. normally I'd be the first to say you must use at least a 1 inch needle for thigh injections. with that said I ordred a case of 25 gage 1 inch pins. ended up with 25 gage 5/8 inch instead. I have vary little bodyfat on my legs and they are not huge either. so I gave them a try. loved it...no pain the next day didn't even know I had shot. a week later I notice more acne and way more oily skin. could it be that these 5/8 inch needles are more effective?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Doubt it... using a 5/8 pin is not a problem like u said if u have low bodyfat... but i wld prefer a 1inch pin so i know i am deeper in the muscle...

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    Doubt it... using a 5/8 pin is not a problem like u said if u have low bodyfat... but i wld prefer a 1inch pin so i know i am deeper in the muscle...
    I know dude that is exactly what i would usualy say. but now I am questioning that theory. why is it best to go deeper? or is in the muscle, "in the muscle"?

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    5/8 good for del. bic. shoul. ect...but my glut. i like 1"

jbone30 is offline Associate Member
    alot of bros would say 5/8 inch is good to work with..but if ya wanna go deep and get good results you should be workin with at least 6 inches.. Unless shes ok with that..then your good to go..just dont try her glutes

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoPR
    5/8 good for del. bic. shoul. ect...but my glut. i like 1"
    I only shot thighs

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bill Roberts - "Besides the simple chemical hydrolysis described above, the esters can be removed by enzymes in the blood called esterases, though water still is required for the reaction. The great majority of hydrolysis occurs with the help of these enzymes or by non-specific reactions with proteins. These reaction cannot take place while the esterified steroid is dissolved in fat. Thus, while the esterified steroids are dissolved in fat, they are protected from hydrolyis, and thus serve as a depot for the drug, giving extended duration of action."

You have to get it so the oil is deep enough in the muscle to stay put and help preserve the esters. If you start to get a spill outside the muscle's "storage space" - the esters then can become compromised... leading to a miscalculated release of the parent hormone...

If you have really low body fat than a 5/8 might work but I would recommend sliding the skin to the side during administration - and then releasing it only after the pin is removed. This can help the pin go a little deeper - and also prevent bleeding by sliding the skin over the site...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Bill Roberts - "Besides the simple chemical hydrolysis described above, the esters can be removed by enzymes in the blood called esterases, though water still is required for the reaction. The great majority of hydrolysis occurs with the help of these enzymes or by non-specific reactions with proteins. These reaction cannot take place while the esterified steroid is dissolved in fat. Thus, while the esterified steroids are dissolved in fat, they are protected from hydrolyis, and thus serve as a depot for the drug, giving extended duration of action."

You have to get it so the oil is deep enough in the muscle to stay put and help preserve the esters. If you start to get a spill outside the muscle's "storage space" - the esters then can become compromised... leading to a miscalculated release of the parent hormone...

If you have really low body fat than a 5/8 might work but I would recommend sliding the skin to the side during administration - and then releasing it only after the pin is removed. This can help the pin go a little deeper - and also prevent bleeding by sliding the skin over the site...
    interesting, funny you mention bleeding, Ive done hundreds of shots but this was the first "squirter" I've had. blood shot 2 feet in the air lol

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    interesting, funny you mention bleeding, Ive done hundreds of shots but this was the first "squirter" I've had. blood shot 2 feet in the air lol
    Makes your bathroom look like a prop from a Steven King flick eh?

Try that skin pull method... but sounds like ya hit something

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Makes your bathroom look like a prop from a Steven King flick eh?

Try that skin pull method... but sounds like ya hit something
    bathroom? I wish...wifes new berber carpet

Thread Information