Thread: Cortisol??

reveremuscle is offline Associate Member

Cortisol??

I've been reading alot about cortisol and the various ways to reduce it. Anyone have any advice as to what supps are best and when to use them (during a cycle or with PCT).

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    1) 7-Hydroxy-Dehydoepiandrosterone ( the best)

2) 7 keto dhea ( second best)

3) Dhea in high doses (can be as good as the 2 above but you have to use alot more)

4) glutamine peptides

5) Branch chain amino acids

6) vitamin c

7) chicken soup

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA
    1) 7-Hydroxy-Dehydoepiandrosterone ( the best)

2) 7 keto dhea ( second best)

3) Dhea in high doses (can be as good as the 2 above but you have to use alot more)

4) glutamine peptides

5) Branch chain amino acids

6) vitamin c

7) chicken soup
    Chicken Soup?

reveremuscle is offline Associate Member

spud is offline Junior Member
    I like vitamin C. 1.5g/day

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reveremuscle
    I've been reading alot about cortisol and the various ways to reduce it. Anyone have any advice as to what supps are best and when to use them (during a cycle or with PCT).
    clenbuterol

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    Chicken Soup?

just threw that in there for fun

gabriel595 is offline Associate Member
    have you heard of NITRO TEST II? a friend of mine is using it and making gains (he is a natural) but i think it can be used for pct porpouses 'cause it has dhea trib and some other things, any opinions?

fishorcutbait is offline Junior Member
    Doesnt have dhea in the doses required

gabriel595 is offline Associate Member
    Doesnt have dhea in the doses required[QUOTE]

does it helps or not?

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    PhosphatidylSerine-800mgs a day reduces cortisol arournd 35%.

It is probably the best thing to take for cortisol, but costly.

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    clenbuterol
    I thought that too, but a quick search on pubmed proves that wrong:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
    nfluence of clenbuterol , a beta-adrenergic agonist, on desipramine induced growth hormone , prolactin and cortisol stimulation.

Laakmann G, Munz T, Hinz A, Voderholzer U.

Psychiatric Hospital, University of Munich, Germany.

We report herein the effects of the beta-adrenergic agonist clenbuterol on desipramine (DMI)-induced growth hormone (GH), prolactin (PRL) and cortisol secretion in healthy male subjects. In the first study, nine subjects were treated with either clenbuterol (0.04 mg, p.o.) or placebo. In the second study, 12 subjects received either DMI (50 mg, i.v.) alone or in combination with clenbuterol (0.04 mg, p.o.) given 60 min prior to DMI administration. Clenbuterol alone had no influence on GH, PRL, or cortisol concentrations, compared to placebo. DMI alone caused GH stimulation (mean maximum = 15.7 +/- 3.4 ng/ml), which was significantly lower after combined administration of DMI and clenbuterol (mean maximum = 7.7 +/- 1.6 ng/ml) (p less than or equal to 0.01). DMI-induced PRL and cortisol stimulation was not influenced by clenbuterol pretreatment. These results indicate the inhibiting influence of noradrenergic beta-receptors on GH stimulation.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    that really suprises me about clen not lowering cortisol levels. maybe it prevents it from being absorbed the same way tomoxifen prevents estrogen from being absorbed.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slic4788
    I thought that too, but a quick search on pubmed proves that wrong:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
    nfluence of clenbuterol , a beta-adrenergic agonist, on desipramine induced growth hormone , prolactin and cortisol stimulation.

Laakmann G, Munz T, Hinz A, Voderholzer U.

Psychiatric Hospital, University of Munich, Germany.

We report herein the effects of the beta-adrenergic agonist clenbuterol on desipramine (DMI)-induced growth hormone (GH), prolactin (PRL) and cortisol secretion in healthy male subjects. In the first study, nine subjects were treated with either clenbuterol (0.04 mg, p.o.) or placebo. In the second study, 12 subjects received either DMI (50 mg, i.v.) alone or in combination with clenbuterol (0.04 mg, p.o.) given 60 min prior to DMI administration. Clenbuterol alone had no influence on GH, PRL, or cortisol concentrations, compared to placebo. DMI alone caused GH stimulation (mean maximum = 15.7 +/- 3.4 ng/ml), which was significantly lower after combined administration of DMI and clenbuterol (mean maximum = 7.7 +/- 1.6 ng/ml) (p less than or equal to 0.01). DMI-induced PRL and cortisol stimulation was not influenced by clenbuterol pretreatment. These results indicate the inhibiting influence of noradrenergic beta-receptors on GH stimulation.
    this can be and probably will be argued both ways!
    Fat Burning, Anti-Catabolic

Clen (Clenbuterol) : Clenbuterol is a bronchodilator. Everyone knows clen is used to burn fat. Why am I listing it here in a PCT thread? Well, for its anti-catabolic properties. Clen may lower the effect of AAS while on cycle, so I personally dont use it while cycling. It does, however, have an effect on cortisol levels. While on cycle, cortisol is not to much of a problem if you eat right. AAS use increases cortisol production, and increases receptor sites. This means that when you finish a cycle, cortisol spikes along with estrogen. This is a part of the "crash" that is often overlooked. People have reported that blocking cortisol in PCT speeds along fat loss. Clen is supposed to have a blocking effect on cortisol. So, along side of its ability to burn fat, it is anti catabolic in it ability to block cortisol until desired hormone levels are achieved in PCT. For me, it makes sense to use clen in PCT until desired hormone levels are achieved, as it also burns away fat in the process.

Thread Information