THINKBIG is offline Junior Member

Gluteus Medeus shot?

Seems like this would make doing it myself easier, Do you lay on your side? Old thread shows a pic but it isn't coming up on my computer. Any help guys would be appreciated, I can hit my right max but my left I need someone to do it for me. Seems like with this one either side would be easy to do by myself.

Born Threat is offline Associate Member
    no you don't have to lie down....

just make four quadrants and shoot in to the upper, outer quadrant.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Stand in front of a mirror. Divide once cheek into four quatrants. For your right cheek you want the upper right corner, for left, upper left corner.

Shift you weight to the leg not being injected. Swab the injection site. Jab leaving about 1/4' of needle above shin. Aspirate . Inject. Remove. Wipe. Smile. You're done.

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Stand in front of a mirror. Divide once cheek into four quatrants. For your right cheek you want the upper right corner, for left, upper left corner.

Shift you weight to the leg not being injected. Swab the injection site. Jab leaving about 1/4' of needle above shin. Aspirate. Inject. Remove. Wipe. Smile. You're done.
    ??????? why do you do that??????

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone_Biggums
    ??????? why do you do that??????
    I leave about 1/4" of the needle above the SKIN, because I have had the needle break off. By the time the doctors dug it out of my delt, I was not happy.

If you leave a little, there is something to grab. Luckily I have not had to test how this works, but it was recommended to me by the doctor who was chasing the needle around in my arm.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    you dont need to lay on your side to hit your medius, i always did it standin anyways....... it is defiantely alot easier to hit than the max, but you cant inject as much volume wise.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    I leave about 1/4" of the needle above the SKIN, because I have had the needle break off. By the time the doctors dug it out of my delt, I was not happy.

If you leave a little, there is something to grab. Luckily I have not had to test how this works, but it was recommended to me by the doctor who was chasing the needle around in my arm.
    lol - yeah - this can really suck. ive never had it happen to me but have seen it happen to a buddy and i helped him 'dig' it out. what a freakin mess

THINKBIG is offline Junior Member
    I'm talkin about the medeus not the maximus, from what I have seen it's hit from the side and the guide says to lie down while doing it. They say way less nerves and veins. I'm only doing 1 1/2 cc.

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    I've had a tough time hitting it too, especially if I want to pinch the skin with the other hand during insertion. And when on clen , I've gotten cramps trying. (Yes, I take taurine with it) I hit the upper outer quadrant though, not sure about medial...

Thread Information