Thread: Infection??

Ironmanjay is offline Associate Member

Infection??

Hopefully this can get answered by a mod or someone who knows. My question is on how you know if you've got an infection from an injection. Friday morining I injected 3ccs(2cc of prop,1cc of cyp) into my upper/mid quad and yesterday and today my knee is swollen and hurting like its bruised but its not, its holden some fluid it seems like. But the actual injection site is a little sore but nothing to alarming for how much I injected. Does this sound familar?? I always use clean sterile needles and and my procedure of injecting has never done me wrong, so I don't know whats going on. Does this sound familar with anybody, is it time to take a visit to the doc??

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Sounds like a normal reaction for that much gear in that spot. I wouldn't start to worry yet. Probably it will be like that for a few more days before it starts to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Sounds like a normal reaction for that much gear in that spot. I wouldn't start to worry yet. Probably it will be like that for a few more days before it starts to get better.
    Yeah thats what I'm figuring, so I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks symatech

JR.SHRED is offline Associate Member
    Is the inj spot hot or warm to touch

Quote Originally Posted by JR.SHRED
    Is the inj spot hot or warm to touch
    No not really, I cant even see where I injected at anymore.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Agreed...I've been down this very path more than once.And from reading symatech's posts ,he has too.Few more days and it will subside.

~Pinnacle~

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i put 2.25cc in my tricep the other day and the same thing happened to me it will take about a week to go away.

Dubsta is offline Junior Member
    My whole delt and upper arm is red....hot..and swollen and itchy...is this an infection..it is only my 4th shot so far.....any help...I'm starting to get worried...

Swollen as in really noticable swollen....looks like I have a sunburn...

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubsta
    My whole delt and upper arm is red....hot..and swollen and itchy...is this an infection..it is only my 4th shot so far.....any help...I'm starting to get worried...

if it doesnt subside in about a week get it checked out.

How long ago and what did you inject, are you running a fever? is the swelling spreading? when you push the swollen area is it squishy, or stiff?

from now on it's best to start your own thread, at least when it comes to things like this.

The swollen area is hard...not squishy...the injection was Saturday morning...the pain is better today than before, Sunday night, It was insane swollen...and I could not move it as well...

I do not have a fever...the swelling is about from my elbow to the middle of my delt...

keep a watchful eye on it, if the swelling spreads further then go to a doctor. If you develop a fever, go to the doctor. If it stays as it is then sit tight for about a week +/- a few days. If it doesn't get better by then, go to the doctor.

I've had reactions exactly like you described and only once did it turn out to be infected. The chance is there but I wouldn't head to the doc quite yet.

Thanks so much, I may have some anti-biotics around I could take...amoxicillan I think...maybe I will pop a few of those...

What happens if this turns out to be an infection...

Thanks for the help...

The soreness is for sure getting better...so that is a good sign right?

1)don't just pop amoxicillan, it will only make things worse for you. When you take oral antibiotics you generally take X dose for X many days, the idea being that it takes time to clear the infection. Despite commonly clearing after a few days it's always advised to finish the entire medication. The reason being is that it's preventing a relapse infection which is mostly always worse than the original infection.

2)yes it's a good sign that the soreness is improving.

Ok, I will keep a close eye on it....

How would I explain this to my Doc...they will not be pleased with this shit at all...

Ok, I will keep a close eye on it....

How would I explain this to my Doc...they will not be pleased with this shit at all...
    Well if the truth doesn't work then you could say it was a vitamin b12 injection, but if the doc knows much about this stuff they are going to know you're lying.

So much help bro....thanks so much.

Also, is there anything I can do in the mean time...massage it...anything like that at all?

Yeah you can try a heating pad and massage it.

Thanks...I will update this as it goes along for other newbs to gain from it...

Also, my source told me they are replacing my Ent...they think something is wrong with it...

The swollen area is hard...not squishy...the injection was Saturday morning...the pain is better today than before, Sunday night, It was insane swollen...and I could not move it as well...

I do not have a fever...the swelling is about from my elbow to the middle of my delt...
    More than likely that is an infection get antibiotics and if it doesnt go away you will have to drain it.

I had the same thing I had to take anti-biotics for a couple of weeks and had to keep draining it, it finally went away.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.SHRED
    I had the same thing I had to take anti-biotics for a couple of weeks and had to keep draining it, it finally went away.
    you're thinking of an abscess which is possible, especially if his source is recalling the gear. If it's an abscess probably they'll have to lance it and you'll be on antibiotics.

Shit....now Im worried...

Well it seems to be getting better anyway...like I said the hard part is not as big, and the pain is going down...so I will have hope that it's not an abcess...

you're thinking of an abscess which is possible, especially if his source is recalling the gear. If it's an abscess probably they'll have to lance it and you'll be on antibiotics.
    Mine probably was an abscess but not all of them you have to cut out. You can drain any infection, or abscess yourself-no doc needed

You also have to take anti-biotics

Yup definately antibiotics. And you're right, small abscess you can drain but I've seen some sick ones that had to be lanced, packed, and IV antibiotics administered. All depends on how bad it gets I suppose.

Ezactly once you see an infection starting it is simple start taking anti-biotics it is just that easy, everybody makes this infection thing so hard.

fanatic is offline Member
    From what i hear, if you have an infection you wont be able to just tuff it out. You'll know it if you have one.

ya if you have an infection it will be warm to touch and you will have a fever, and it will hurt like f***

also swelling

Hematoma(sp?)

I had it checked out....no infection, he wrapped it up, and told me to take 50mgs of Benadryl every 6 hours for 24...

He is totally positive that it is not infection, or cellulitus...or whatever...

So update....

Today the pain is much less, doesn't hurt at all....still really red under my arm on my tricep.

I had it wrapped all night, and I just took it off, I can't remember if he said leave it wrapped for 24 hours or not...but if the swelling comes back I will wrap it up again.

Just below my elbow got swelled up a bit, I think it was from the wrap though, maybe being too tight...cause it is just on the outside, kind of like on my forearm...it is soft and squishy...any thoughts on this?

Also, I will keep taking the benadryl until tonight.

I'm going home at dinner to shoot the deca ...in my glutes though! And my cyp should be in today or tomorrow...

Thread Information