Thread: Emergency Room

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries

Emergency Room

A friend of mine woke up last night in severe pain, went to the emergency room, and ultimately passed a kidney stone.

He was in his third day of HCG , and the doctor told him that there were white blood cells found in his urine.

My question is: Is it possible that the gear or the HCG were at all related to the stones and #2, is it unusual (and bad) to have white blood cells found in your urine?

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    the white blood cells in urine means that there is a possible infection or kidney problems etc.. To my knowledge steroids dont cause kidney stones but havent doen any research on that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. Has anyone else ever heard of any relation between gear and kidney stones?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I'm going to say no, the wihite blood cell would of been ther without the HCG or gear

JohnnyB

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Tell him to lay off the dairy and drink lots of cranberry juice. I don't see the gear playing a role.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    kindey stones= too much calcium... not the gear tell him to drink more water.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    I have passed 13 kidney stones. All while on cycle. My theory on this is.. Too much protein causes the stones. Then the abuse to the kidneys from the chemicals you are using causes the kidneys to kick them out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input, bros.

NYG21, hell of a game in Seattle. You guys should have won that one.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS21
    kindey stones= too much calcium... not the gear tell him to drink more water.
    of course if his water is hard then he'll be putting lots of calcium into his body too. If that's the case get a brita filter. another good reason to cook your spinach with the top off and not to drink hard water.

Drink lot's of water, and I don't believe in hardcore amounts of protein because it is hard on your liver. I stick to around 1.5-1.8 grams per lb. of lean body weight.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    creatine can cause kidney stones as well.

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    creatine can cause kidney stones as well.

peace,

ttgb
    Creatine can cause dehydration, and that can cause kidney stones.
    Basicly keep hydrated with water not Tea Ect. watch your protein intake..

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    I have passed 13 kidney stones. All while on cycle. My theory on this is.. Too much protein causes the stones. Then the abuse to the kidneys from the chemicals you are using causes the kidneys to kick them out.

wow - 13???

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Creatine can cause dehydration, and that can cause kidney stones.
    Basicly keep hydrated with water not Tea Ect. watch your protein intake..
    No, actually excessive creatine can contribute signigicantly to kidney stones in many individuals. Irregardless of hydration/water intake. At least that is what many doctors have told me...but what would they know?

Since when does protien intake contribute to kidney stones? I'd like to see the studies on this.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 11-29-2005 at 06:14 AM.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member

white blood cells

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    A friend of mine woke up last night in severe pain, went to the emergency room, and ultimately passed a kidney stone.

He was in his third day of HCG , and the doctor told him that there were white blood cells found in his urine.

My question is: Is it possible that the gear or the HCG were at all related to the stones and #2, is it unusual (and bad) to have white blood cells found in your urine?

Kidney stones have some genetic link but mainly are caused my not having enough h20 intake. The WHITE blood cells are a immune defense to trauma endured in the tissue as a kidney stone passes through a persons ureters. Not to mention, urine is a good medium for growth of bacteria...white blood cells attack bacteria.

If your boy drinks plenty of h20 and takes his antibiotics, he should be ok. He should also take opiates to curb the pain.

Kidney stones hurt. Sucks to be him

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member

Wrong

Wrong

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1
    Wrong
    Dude, if you are just responding to a statement with the word "wrong" its does not give you much crediblity.

Add why its wrong.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    The most common type of kidney stone is made up of calcium oxalate. I've passed a few in my lifetime - not fun - thank god for morphine. While hydration and diet play a role in their formation, there's also a large genetic component.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    The most common type of kidney stone is made up of calcium oxalate. I've passed a few in my lifetime - not fun - thank god for morphine. While hydration and diet play a role in their formation, there's also a large genetic component.
    Exactly! That's why it's very important to cook foods like chives, parsley, purslane, spinach,carrots, raddish with the top off the pan. These are rich in oxalic acid which goes right back into the food if you put the lid on the pan while cooking. Then if you have hard water which has CaCO3 in it the Ca and the oxalic acid react to form calcium oxalate and you develop kidney stones. the more you know....

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    No, actually excessive creatine can contribute signigicantly to kidney stones in many individuals. Irregardless of hydration/water intake. At least that is what many doctors have told me...but what would they know?

Since when does protien intake contribute to kidney stones? I'd like to see the studies on this.

peace,

ttgb

Not as much as i do.. i have passed 13 of them =p and also work in the medical field. Explain how creatine "aside from dehydration" can cause kidney stones? You know you have Creatine in you right now? Over doseing of creatine causes water retention.. that causes dehyd, and that can cause kidney stones.

Thread Information