jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member

Surgery tomorrow: Fatty tumor

Going in for surgery tomorrow morning. Nothing big. Doc says it's a fatty tumor, kinda like a cyst. It's about the size of a golf ball on my left side under my left lat. I'm like 8% BF so how the hell did I get a fatty tumor? Is this cholesterol related? Anyone ever had one and had it removed? I hope this doesn't lay me up more than a couple days.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Did they already biopsy the thing? If not make sure you have them test it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Did they already biopsy the thing? If not make sure you have them test it immediately.
    No they haven't but they said they will. I was told it "Shouldn't" be cancerous.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    No they haven't but they said they will. I was told it "Shouldn't" be cancerous.
    Good as there are lymph noads around that area as well. Good luck.

Good as there are lymph noads around that area as well. Good luck.
    Yeah I asked the docs about that. They don't seem too concerned about it. They went as far as to say I could just leave it there.

thetruth-76 is offline Associate Member
    Best to get a biopsy on it anyway, just in case. Bodyfat has nothing to do with tumors. Its all body chemistry bro. My boy had the same thing on the rear of his traps. They just took the thing out and let it heal from the inside out. Should be ok.

Got the thing removed this morning. He used a laser to cut me open and I see smoke and I tell him I smell something and he says,"Yeah, that's you." I'm like wonderful. It was painless up until he started cutting near my rib cage and that gave me a couple of zingers. I almost jumped right off the table. I didn't know when the next one was coming so I'm all tense and sweating clenching my fist, veins popping out. The cute nurse says she would hold my hand but she's afraid I'd break it. It only took about 40 minutes and he said by the look of it he's sure it's benign but they will test it anyway. So now I have to take it easy for awhile til the damn thing heals. Hopefully the GH I've been on since March will help it heal faster.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Had a small one on my neck, took doc 10 min to remove it, $2000, guess he has to pay school debt, good luck hope all test turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Hopefully the GH I've been on since March will help it heal faster.
    I hope it is nothing. Good luck, but a small word to the wise... I have heard that hgh can accelerate tumor growth if already present.

I hope it is nothing. Good luck, but a small word to the wise... I have heard that hgh can accelerate tumor growth if already present.
    I've heard that too but it hadn't grown in the time I was on GH so I'm not losing sleep over it. I just got all my bloods back from my physical and everything came back normal. I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Had a small one on my neck, took doc 10 min to remove it, $2000, guess he has to pay school debt, good luck hope all test turn out well.
    Yeah, somehow me and the doc started talking about insurance while he was carving me up. He was telling me about the hosing he takes from insurance companies. He said he'll prob. get paid about 100 bucks for what he did today including the follow up visits. That to me, seems very hard to believe. I have very good coverage through my wife's company.

Thread Information