runningsky is offline New Member

Arrested or Not?

News From http://www.timesunion.com/
    Article: http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=5/24/2006

Steroid bust largest in region, police say
    Thousands of vials, pills, dollars found at Rensselaer home of Christopher J. Magnano at time of arrest

By DAN HIGGINS, Staff writer
    Click byline for more stories by writer.
    Last updated: 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 24, 2006

COLONIE -- The seizure of $50,000 in illegal steroids announced by town police and federal investigators today is the largest ever in the Capital Region, authorities said.

Christopher J. Magnano, of 2 Sequoia Drive in Rensselaer, is facing charges he received illegal steroids through the mail and courier services from other countries and re-sold them on the Internet.

Colonie Police, officials from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the Food and Drug Administration's criminal enforcement arm conducted the investigation.

Magnano, 33, was arrested last week, but today police offered more details of the investigation and displayed the results of a raid at the suspect's home. He faces three felony counts related to drug possession with the intent to sell.

Magnano, who Colonie Police said has a drug arrest dating from the mid-1990s, allegedly ordered 2 kilograms of illegal anabolic steroids from a Chinese company. Federal officials said they had been watching him for a year and decided to move in when he was to receive the Chinese shipment.

He was arrested on Friday at the DHL office on Wolf Road in Latham.

Police executed a search warrant on his Rensselaer home and discovered the cache of illegal pills and vials of substances like human growth hormone .

At the time of his arrest he also had approximately one ounce of powdered cocaine on him, which police said was for personal use.

The raid also netted three laptop computers, several other hard drives, and about $3,000 in cash.

Federal charges are pending, said Jack McQuade, the resident agent in charge of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in Albany, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security.

McQuade said the federal probe will include determining from which countries he was ordering the steroids. Charges could include illegal importation and money laundering, McQuade said.

Magnano was arraigned last Friday and remanded to Albany County jail pending further court action.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    wow, poor guy....

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    damn thats alot of stuff.. feel bad for him

runningsky is offline New Member
    Be careful all guys....DAN HIGGINS,the Staff writer from Times Union wrote an email to one of my friends and told him: an american was arrested for the selling of steroids ..

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! all that shit and only $3,000 in cash (i assume he had a stash spot somewhere else!!!) and an ounce of cocaine for personal use WTF!?!?

goosed is offline Associate Member
    guess he was using the cocaine on his cutting cycles.lol

aaronswt84 is offline Associate Member
    thats a SH@%#@%#%@$T load of gear, poor guy is going to jail for along time. And who uses blow if your a juicer, those two dont mix to well

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    yea but when i read about a steroid bust other drugs are almost always involved as well..

PhiNally is offline Associate Member
    I think people who do roids and then use drugs like that are just dumbasses. Already got the cops watching you for cocaine and then your selling mass amounts of roids, that just dumb. You would think if you are into roids and shit you wouldnt want to put that shit into your body but it seems to common now with all these busts. People getting arrested and the cops finding other rec drugs, too bad for him.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    It looks like bros are getting busted a lot more often via powder sources. This is disturbing to me, because it lets me know that L.E. is onto how the UGL's are actually making their product. It would be great to know HOW they are finding out about this, my guess is that the trading companys in China have their return addy's flagged. Also, a lot of bros do business DIRECTLY witht he Chinese companys via wire transfer and email. Any international communications are intercepted by the NSA and other agencies, and belive me PGP encryption is childs play to them.

Also, it would be beneficial for us to figure out which source this is, so the customers can clean house. But let me make a point, if you do figure out which source it is DO NOT post info saying "ohh yea i just ordered 40 bottles from that guy," or any other critical info. You dont realise it, but you may inadvertently be giving L.E. more ammunition against the guy if they are watching the forums.

wow...and I just realised he was REMANDED....dude couldn't even post bail, they must be ready to make a big shining example out of him...

wow...i hope not

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Good thing the government is protecting you from those big bad steroids .

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiNally
    I think people who do roids and then use drugs like that are just dumbasses..
    anyone see the irony there?

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Good thing the government is protecting you from those big bad steroids.
    Wait till we get closer to re-election time...

Johner is offline Junior Member
    the world is such a safer place now :|

so.....who do we vote for? lol

....or am i better off moving to europe or somethin?

smartwater is offline Associate Member
    yea man classic irony ^^^^ haha

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    No shit, everyone of them is against the use of AAS and will be until we somehow form a PAC to argue our case in Washington-Oh and pad the pockets of those bribe taking fvcks.

bigpopapump is offline Junior Member
    Wow the police officer in the pictures seems to be hiding something behind is back while the female seems to be recounting everything again. LOL

Streaker is offline Member
    Looks like this police department is going to win the next state wide police olympics.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    the coke posession is his own damn fault, but i do feel for him on the steroid charges

Thread Information