PoRT is offline New Member

Multiple Sclerosis

I am not sure if anoyone would know the answer to this, but i have searched everywhere, so here goes. I have Multiple sclerosis, my main problem is that my vision acts up sometimes. when this happens, i get intraveneous steroids (solu-medrol) 50cc's / day for 1 week to solve the problem. anyway, this is immaterial. i was wondering if anyone knew the effects of anabolic steroids with MS patients. I know that anabolic is not the same, and would not hope that it would fix my eye sight problem. I am just wondering if anabolic would cause me problems having MS. I have searched about this for a long time, and can not find any info on anabolic steroids and MS. All i find is info on intraveneous steroids. Any info would be a great help, or even a link or sight that might shed some light. thanks for your time

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    unless your an md any advice should be void. this is a problem that needs real medical supervision and advice. confide in your dr., he can't say a word

eport is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    unless your an md any advice should be void. this is a problem that needs real medical supervision and advice. confide in your dr., he can't say a word
    i agree but IMO i would stay clear of AS due to the fact of the MS

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    don't get advice here. My sister has MS, and it is serious... 6 legions on her spine and 3 on her brain. Her body went to hell and back. With all the various treatments that she gets, sometimes her health (sorry to tell you this) gets pretty close to death, to say the least, and I know that if she was jacked up on anymore drugs, her body probally wouldn't be able to handle it and she would die. I care for her, and like you, I hope she gets better. Good luck.

Thank you guys for the input. i will definatly consult my Dr. This isnt something i will jump into. since i have more concerns than most, i wanted to get the most opinions i possibly could, and hopefully some research. i am very leary of doing this, my only thing is that i have been working out for a long time and cannot gain weight for anything. i am 24, 5'9 and 125lbs. very lean as you would immagine. Gaining is a problem for me. I cycled once when i was younger and didnt stick with it. this was years before i knew i had MS. I will do all the research i can, plus consulting my Dr. All opinions are welcome, especially negative ones. thanks again

eport is offline Associate Member
    sorry bro dont know too much about MS and would rather give no advice than BAD advice remember it is your health we are talking about and that is the most important thing of all good luck to you in life and your fight with MS

Believe me, i appreciate that. thanks a bunch

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    get several different opinions cause some md's support aas and some totally oppose their use. but keep us posted i would like to know ur outcome.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    yup .. I wouldnt completely turn u away from the idea.. Remember that many doctors are strongly agains AAS's so they might be biased. I can try a lil to find out in school but dont wanna arouse nemore suspicions than my size already brings..

Thread Information