ZIA1 is offline New Member

Smoking Lowers Testosterone

I know there are many here that smoke cigarettes. Thought this might be of interest since the goal of most of us is to raise our testosterone levels . I personally know a lot of guys who use gear and light up as well. This may be a good reason to think about quitting.

"In men, cigarette smoke lowers testosterone levels."

"In men, sperm production and motility appears to be altered by tobacco smoke."

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Right but not in a great # (the testosterone loss), and on the other side valium increases test but we sure wouldnt recommend that now would we? LOL, hows it going AIZ?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Right but not in a great # (the testosterone loss), and on the other side valium increases test but we sure wouldnt recommend that now would we? LOL, hows it going AIZ?
    I second that. Smoking has many more important ill effects on the heart and lungs which would be a primary reason for quitting.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    Smoking not only lowers your testosterone levels , it lowers your life expectancy as well

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    For bodybuilding I would think oxygen utilization inhibition is worse than the small amount of test drop. Yes smoking is bad for ones health.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Mmm.. smoking is horrible for lifting.

I've smoked on and off for a few years. And it's detramental to lifting.

I think it actually hinders your gains. Chemicals in the cigarettes seem to slow down recovery, or even stop full muscle recovery. You end up losing what you could have gained from a workout. JMO.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    smoking also constricts blood flow to the muscle & reduces muscle tone by hardening of the artery walls. there for it will inhibit gains.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    biggest incentive for me to quit smoking, besides all the health factors was the fact that here in NJ its crazy expensive to smoke.

so when i took a step back i realized all the gear i could get with the money i would be saving by not smking anymore i never smoked again...

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Hey i heard Test Cyp, raises your Test levels...........LMAO
    J/k.....Smoking actually lowers your DHT levels to, for you guys who are prone to MPB.........theres a positive.

But if you smoke and work out, something is wrong with that picture, IMHO

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    how bout the people that will bust ass in the gym then the second they hit their car to leave they gotta burn one??? thats so stupid i bet that kills every positive thing about the workout.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    how bout the people that will bust ass in the gym then the second they hit their car to leave they gotta burn one??? thats so stupid i bet that kills every positive thing about the workout.
    Yeah i agree. Nothing like a chest workout and a pack of Camel smokes for post workout meal....lol

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that cigarettes have a negative impact on ur training for sure but many ppl I know smoke a lot and are huge and strong.. So it doesnt nullify training for sure.. Is it beneficial - no! But its impact IMO aint that big. When u r on a cycle u really dont have to care about ur natty test levels anyway =) They are close to zero in anycase...

Sauced is offline Banned
    Sometimes when I'm on a cycle, I get the urge to smoke more so than when I'm off cycle. I think juice racks my nerves sometimes.

STEVO 47 is offline Banned
    I agree with all above. I smoke when I drink like once a month and
    my god I feel like shit more from that pack of cigs. then from the
    hangover.

USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Smoking is bad for you? Wow, I never knew that...

Thread Information