LAGMuXle is offline Member

Ordering Gear in the Mail

Relating to the post previously about being afraid to accept packages. I didn't want to add to it because it got rediculous and was 2 pages long.

I haven't ordered anything through the mail for a long time, I used to have them delivered right to my door, signed for every one of them with no problems.

Questions people ask: Opening a PO box with your real ID and real name... does that actually help? Opening a PO box with a fake ID? Is signing for your package going to 'get you caught'? Will they 'catch me' if it's delivered to my house? The questions go on.

Most likely, if customs bothered with a package for personal use, they would find you either way. Using a PO box or not. Unless your PO box was opened with a fake ID - even then; cameras, witnesses going to the box, etc. etc. There are tons of things they can get you on. You probably have a 99.99% chance of recieving packages with no problems. In order for customs to actually track you down it would waste them a lot of money.

Normally, as some people on this board have experiecned - they sieze your package and send you a letter. If you don't respond to the letter they "disregard" the investigation. Customs will not proceed after someone who ordered gear for themselves. If you respond to the letter; then you are looking for trouble. That's turning yourself in. As far as they know - the address could be fake, the person could be fake, the name could be someone else's. There are too many reasons not to proceed an investigation, and not enough reasons to proceed.

The way I see it - is if you are going to order gear through the mail - you are going to accept a risk. If you are going to open a PO Box with a fake ID - you are accepting another risk of the other felony of a fake ID. Ordering it and then wondering what to do about it, doesn't make sense.

Just some of my thoughts I wanted to get out, if any of this is confusing I apologize, I'm still pumped from the gym

MuX

thetruth-76 is offline Associate Member
    Ok then-
    Author:
    Rick Collins, J.D., a veteran lawyer and former competitive bodybuilder

I?ve seen a number of cases where the target gets a funky feeling about the delivery guy and rejects the package. The undercover courier will then do everything possible to get the package into the target?s hands, with or without a signature. It?s the only way to execute the raid. In one desperate case, the courier blew his cover and flashed a badge. He summoned his partner, and the two asked to step inside to talk about the package. The target told them he had no idea what was in the package and that they most certainly could not come into his house. The agents said the package contained suspected drugs, and asked if they could open it. ?Do what you want, it?s not my package.? They opened it, and inside were 500 Anabol tablets. ?My mistake,? one agent said. ?These are okay. You can import a personal use supply. Here, you can take them.? Nice try. The target told the agent to stick the tabs where the sun don?t shine and avoided an arrest and raid by the eight other agents skulking in wait just off the property.

Given the headaches presented by savvy suspects, law enforcers are taking a new approach: wiring the package to signal when it?s opened. When someone opens a package, that?s good evidence that he?s the one who knowingly intended to possess it, right? It might even be stronger evidence than signing for it. The application for the search warrant will request authorization to execute the raid once the signal goes off. Several jurisdictions have begun using electronic sign****g devices, typically AT-4?s, to confirm that a target has opened his package. No part of the device is visible unless the package is opened. It makes no audible sound but transmits an alert signal to a remote receiver manned by the agents. These devices are perfect in cases where a signature request might spook the target. An AT-4 can make the difference between a botched operation and a valid arrest and raid. Be aware that it?s likely the wave of the future.

By Rick Collins, J.D.
    Seizure Notices

What do you do if you?re one of the unlucky ones, and the Postal Inspector or Customs identifies an international package addressed to you as containing a controlled substance and seizes it? Maybe it leaked or smelled funny or otherwise looked suspicious. Maybe they x-rayed it, and saw the pills and ampoules. Now they have two options. They can either confiscate your package or they can deliver it under controlled circumstances in order to arrest you. If they choose to confiscate, they will let you know that they have the item by sending you a letter. This correspondence, commonly called a seizure notice or seizure letter, informs you that the feds have the package. The letter advises you of your rights and remedies to challenge the seizure and try to claim the parcel [for a sample letter, see Legal Muscle].

You can, of course, challenge the seizure. However, unless you have a lawful basis for possessing the controlled substances, such as a valid prescription, you won?t get far. In fact, your attempts to claim the package may backfire. Identifying yourself to the U.S. Attorney as the person who ordered the juice and intended to receive it could quite probably get you busted.

You can accept the confiscation and forfeiture by checking the box on the form, signing the form, and mailing it back. Or, instead, you can do nothing. The notice will generally provide that if you simply ignore it, they will proceed with administrative proceedings to forfeit the property anyway. After 20 days, you will have forfeited any interests you may have had in the parcel. You won?t get it back. Then again, you also won?t be volunteering to be busted or signing anything it might be better not to have on record. The majority of people who call me to report that their packages were seized don?t sign or return the letter, and it?s often the last they hear of it (although on rare occasions they will get a follow-up phone call for law enforcement) ? until the next package. A government record is made of every seizure. In some cases, federal authorities can place a watch on your address or flag your name for future deliveries.

I still don't see customs wasting thousands of dollars on one person ordering $500USD worth of gear for personal use, at least not very often. As I said 99.99% of the time you will get away with it. And it is an assumed risk by ordering through the mail. I could see that happening if the same person ordered thousands of dollars over and over again. Then that would make sense. JMO

Good post thetruth-76

hulk100 is offline Junior Member
    I dont know how it is in the US but here i Sweden the cops dont have time to do that deliver to your door and try to take you for personal use, what i know it never happend, but its hard for them to prove that you ordered the package in 99% of cases they only take the gear i would think that only if you order bulk lets say 500+ amps then they would maybe suspect that you are a source but thats a different matter most people dont order that much.
    Customs seized 100g of powder and they questioned me and of course i told them that i dont know anything and the case was dropped because they couldnt prove anything.

hulk100 -

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that a police force would spend much time on someone ordering little gear vs. someone who orders enough to distribute. They are more concerned on who are importing a lot and distributing it.
    Last edited by LAGMuXle; 12-01-2005 at 09:47 AM.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGMuXle
    hulk100 -

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that a police force would spend much time on someone ordering little gear vs. someone who orders enough to distribute. They are more concerned on who are distributing it.
    AGREE, but it is sad to see that ur mail is no longer a private issue. its gonna get more difficult for us sooner or later.

That's true; it is sad to see that. After the Patriot Act we are done. No more privacy.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Vast majority of personal use posession busts begin with the line, "so I was driving along....". I have read or heard of very few controlled deliveries for personal use amounts, usually it is some dumbass that thinks that the safest place for his gear is in his car. This doesn't mean that CD's don't occur on smaller amounts, the US customs dept can turn the matter over to local authorities and allow them to pursue the bust. Personally I will never sign for gear, it shows up in my mail box when it does, and I get around to picking it up when I do, anything and I do mean anything looks strange I'll come back later or give it up. But I do agree with the point this is so statistically insignificant right now I have never had to walk away from an order, and never had on siezed yet. This may change in the future, but for right now it is a relatively safe IMO.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I know people that order frequently and only order enough for themselves- but lets say you have a buddy that wants something or you order from the same place over and over. Unless you are the type that is only gonna try it once and quit!(lmaO) So you place an order for a buddy or yourself:
    200 Drol 50mg
    3-T400
    3-Deca300
    100 WinnyZambon
    bottle Adex
    Clo
    HCG
    HGH-200iu(likely more to run 3-4 months or more)
    And whatever else you need.
    Now mind you, this is not a totally radical cycle. MAybe a little advanced, but not radical. How are you going to exp**** this for personal use?
    I agree they are going out for the dealers, but since Bush Jr has waged a war he has increased spending on AAS trafficing if I am not mistaken.
    Look, all I am saying is that if you are ordering from overseas-Why? And if you are going to- then I wouldn't sign for it. But that is my paranoid ass.

True,

Customs could see it either way - I agree with you, and I do think that there is always a chance they will catch you. But I think the chance is so low that it's not worth stressing over too much.

Like I said previously - it's just a risk you accept, and the more things illegal that you do - the more risk you accept. Ordering overseas vs. domestic, using a po box with a real name vs. a fake name, etc. It all adds up.

Agreed bro- and I will stick with my domestics as long as I can. Seems like everyday somebody else gets put in the L.E. back pocket. Illegal is illegal anyway you cut it. Be smart, be informed, and NO MATTER WHAT-Shut the fu** up and Ask for a LAWER!!!! Or just ask for Rick Collins(lol)

I would define it in terms of dollar amounts. One good cycle might contain many different compounds and many vial of each, but you have to figure on the cost, I personally don't see them going after a bust much smaller than $3000-$5000(unless the locals wanted to do it), which is clearly a shitload more gear than one guy needs for one cycle. This certainly does not mean this won't change, as long as AAS is in the media and on politicians minds we will be targeted more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruth-76
    Agreed bro- and I will stick with my domestics as long as I can. Seems like everyday somebody else gets put in the L.E. back pocket. Illegal is illegal anyway you cut it. Be smart, be informed, and NO MATTER WHAT-Shut the fu** up and Ask for a LAWYER!!!! Or just ask for Rick Collins(lol)

Good stuff... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    I would define it in terms of dollar amounts. One good cycle might contain many different compounds and many vial of each, but you have to figure on the cost, I personally don't see them going after a bust much smaller than $3000-$5000(unless the locals wanted to do it), which is clearly a shitload more gear than one guy needs for one cycle. This certainly does not mean this won't change, as long as AAS is in the media and on politicians minds we will be targeted more and more.

I think they would be more likely to weigh it. Think about it in terms of other drugs, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, etc. JMO - They could do it either way.

Problem with weighing gear is that you can't seperate it from it carrier agent, so if they chose to prosecute over specified mgs of a substance they would have to lab test it and go after the actual amount of AAS sincie it is not illegal to posess BA, BB or cottonseed oil.

Good point. Customs might even be confused on this one.

They usually go by the suspected street value that they have somehow devised using pharmaceutical prices- from what I am being told. Then they go by the Per Unit Street cost and add it all up for some BS Street value. I mean come on! You could order 10-10cc/250mg ml for about-well we all know how much now don't we?- then they add it up to cost 200$ per vial making that little bit of test a $2000 bust and nice fat feloni for you! Also- If you haven't noticed in the public eye lately, they are cracking down on Steriod users more these days than Pot users! Since all these atheletes are coming out of the STERIOD CLOSET, politicians are trying to get juice to look as bad as Crack or Heroin because their little boy plays baseball and HIS heros are using juice, and he thinks by making juice look like "the devil" he will be his sons hero, fight the war on drugs, and gain some votes! Ass**les!

Quote Originally Posted by thetruth-76
    They usually go by the suspected street value that they have somehow devised using pharmaceutical prices- from what I am being told. Then they go by the Per Unit Street cost and add it all up for some BS Street value. I mean come on! You could order 10-10cc/250mg ml for about-well we all know how much now don't we?- then they add it up to cost 200$ per vial making that little bit of test a $2000 bust and nice fat feloni for you! Also- If you haven't noticed in the public eye lately, they are cracking down on Steriod users more these days than Pot users! Since all these atheletes are coming out of the STERIOD CLOSET, politicians are trying to get juice to look as bad as Crack or Heroin because their little boy plays baseball and HIS heros are using juice, and he thinks by making juice look like "the devil" he will be his sons hero, fight the war on drugs, and gain some votes! Ass**les!

thetruth-theman

Seems to me that busts happen in typically one of three ways.

Guy gets mass quantity delivered to him, obviously a dealer. And they either do a cd, or pick him up at the post office and bust him with thousands of tabs vials and other gear.

Guy gets busted for de****g recreation drugs and they just happen to find out he has a shitload of AAS on hand.

Or my personal favorite, incidental posession. Guy driving down the road with his favorite steroids in the passenger seat(dumbass)when he gets pulled over for speeding or running a stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGMuXle
    thetruth-theman
    Thanks bro, I get a little wound up sometimes!

Trust me... I know what wound up is like.

Yeah- or if anyone heard about a recent "bust" Where the guy was driving with the licence plate light out, got pulled over, big beefy guy with a rolex driving(also on probation), cops search the car(on what pretense I don;t know) Find a laptop that was locked, two bottles of test with less that 10 ccs overall, and a half bottle of Deca (and about 1500$cash). Some of u know what I am talking about already. Now the guy is going downtown on suspected distribution charges and possession. It even went as far as to hit the TV news and paper! They slam this guy for 3 half empty bottles of juice and put his name out there for what!!!! To deter people and tell the "This could happen to you if you do bad things" F-Off! Bust the guys de**** crack outside schoolgrounds not some gymrat comming home from work.

Thread Information