RAF3070 is offline Associate Member

Can you miss the muscle??

When injecting into your glutes, is it actully possible to miss the muscle and not know it, to inject at an angle and just skim the muscle, going into fat?

What would you get if you aspirated?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    It would be difficult to miss the muscle.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    if you are injecting into the right part ie the upper outer quarter of each side it would be very hard to miss the muscle!!

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by RAF3070
    When injecting into your glutes, is it actully possible to miss the muscle and not know it, to inject at an angle and just skim the muscle, going into fat?

What would you get if you aspirated?
    It's very possible.That's why it's mandatory to know proper injection techniques.
    You'll know if this happens when you have an oil lumps that takes quite some time to go away.

You'd get air bubbles when aspirating.

~Pinnacle~

Smiley619 is offline Member
    you get air bubble when you miss the muscle???

thisnamesux is offline Junior Member
    if u have an extrodinarily fat a$$ then u mite miss the muscle...
    i just read a news story on this! they're making special needles to deal with people with a thick layer of fat!

thisnamesux is offline Junior Member
    Longer needles needed for fatter buttocks
    Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:10 AM ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Fatter rear ends are causing many drug injections to miss their mark, requiring longer needles to reach buttock muscle, researchers said on Monday.

Standard-sized needles failed to reach the buttock muscle in 23 out of 25 women whose rears were examined after what was supposed to be an intramuscular injection of a drug.

Two-thirds of the 50 patients in the study did not receive the full dosage of the drug, which instead lodged in the fat tissue of their buttocks, researchers from The Adelaide and Meath Hospital in Dublin said in a presentation to the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America.

Besides patients receiving less than the correct drug dosage, medications that remain lodged in fat can cause infection or irritation, researchers Victoria Chan said.

"There is no question that obesity is the underlying cause. We have identified a new problem related, in part, to the increasing amount of fat in patients' buttocks," Chan said.

"The amount of fat tissue overlying the muscles exceeds the length of the needles commonly used for these injections," she said.

The 25 men and 25 women studied at the Irish hospital ranged in age from 21 to 87.

The buttocks are a good place for intramuscular injections because there are relatively few major blood vessels, nerves and bones that can be damaged by a needle. Plentiful smaller blood vessels found in muscle carry the drug to the rest of the body, while fat tissue contains relatively few blood vessels.

Obesity affects more than 300 million people worldwide and is based on a measure of height versus weight that produces a body mass index above 30. An estimated 65 percent of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.

RAF3070 is offline Associate Member
    Well, I have a bony ass, not fat lol, I do aspirate and do get air bubbles, Ive never had a lump after injecting juice, but then again I always make a point of massaging the area for 5 mins after.

Im probaly hitting the muscle, but I always have at the back of my mind a "What If".............lol

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesux
    Longer needles needed for fatter buttocks
    Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:10 AM ET
    I think he's trying to call u fat RAF JK

Thread Information