asing is offline New Member

Help after 2 year addiction to ICE

So 2 years ago I was the picture of health, I was running 7 minute miles and benching 225, I know that is not much for some folks here. I am 6'2" and weighed 212, pretty much perfect IMO, looking good and feeling good. Then I met ICE, and it all went to hell pretty much. I have been clean now for 4 months, but I have actually put on 45 pounds of FAT over the last 2 years. I am now getting back into my routine of what got me to the condition I was previouse to the ICE addiction. I am heading to Mexico next week for some work and want to know what would be good first cycle to pick up. I am working out every day now and am completely off the shit. But this weight I want to cut off fast. Currenty I weigh 270 now, I am 34 years old. I would prefer injections as I have read many bad things about pills. I have hook-ups in MX that can get me what ever I need, so I am just needing some quick advice.

Thanks so much

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    crongrats for kicking the habit man. i would get into the groove of cardio and diet first.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    is ice crank??

TCEL300 is offline Member
    honestly stick with diet and cardio right now...cut down some bf%..but right now ur recovery should be number 1 to you...you shouldnt just hop to another substance right away bro...2 much of anything is bad u know...good luck

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    read up on test e as a first cycle and pct. then u may want to purchase a cycle but dont start it until u have done ur research! congrats on kickin the habit.

Unoid is offline Member
    I'd stay away form AAS if you were on ICE for 4 years!
    and by ice I assume you're talking about Methamphetamines.

Meth will increase your BP greatly, and erode your cardiovascualr system.

AAS only perpetuate that problem. You'll definatly have BP problems if you tried any AAS, and among problems its most liekly going to injure you.

btw for you, never use clen .. unless you wanna live to 450-5years only

leansauce is offline Associate Member
    id say test prop and winny will cut u up nicely, it did me right

shooterstyz169 is offline New Member

yo...

what i don't understand is, how u gained weight from ice... people usually get realllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy small man, espeically after being addicted after 6 months.... good job tho bro, peace

Fozaldo is offline Associate Member
    Methamphetamine is probably the most evil drug out there at the minute due to its avaialbility and its price, it can become as addictive as crack and keep you up for a week at a time, the comedown is so harsh you just have to do more which is where the problems start if you have a ready supply. Well done for being clean for 4 months thats a great achievment but I would steer well clear of any aas for a while yet and get your body fit and strong naturally.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asing
    So 2 years ago I was the picture of health, I was running 7 minute miles and benching 225, I know that is not much for some folks here. I am 6'2" and weighed 212, pretty much perfect IMO, looking good and feeling good. Then I met ICE, and it all went to hell pretty much. I have been clean now for 4 months, but I have actually put on 45 pounds of FAT over the last 2 years. I am now getting back into my routine of what got me to the condition I was previouse to the ICE addiction. I am heading to Mexico next week for some work and want to know what would be good first cycle to pick up. I am working out every day now and am completely off the shit. But this weight I want to cut off fast. Currenty I weigh 270 now, I am 34 years old. I would prefer injections as I have read many bad things about pills. I have hook-ups in MX that can get me what ever I need, so I am just needing some quick advice.

Thanks so much
    What is you resting blood pressure? If it is high, which is probably is, don't do anything yet. When you bp is in the normal range, follow the advice here, do a test e cycle.

If I were you, I would think very seriously if I wanted to jump into another potentially addictive substance right now.

sanejim is offline New Member
    Addiction is some horrible shit!

speak is offline Associate Member
    Bro, before I started my last cycle I got my diet down for about 2 months first. I couldn't believe the change from just eating right, no kidding. I would go to the diet forum here and follow the sticky, you will definitely notice a difference. Then think about getting on gear in January. If your fat now you will just be really fat if you do a cycle now.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    might be a good idea to keep clean of everything for awhile but if you do decide anything, go with TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE aka Test E

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    honestly stick with diet and cardio right now...cut down some bf%..but right now ur recovery should be number 1 to you...you shouldnt just hop to another substance right away bro...2 much of anything is bad u know...good luck
    I agree, get some clean time in first, stick to the basics, training, diet, cardio.

JohnnyB

I want to add something here, you guys giving cycle advise, don't know what you're talking about. If he wasn't just coming off a drug addiction, he'd need at least 2 year of training to get his joints and tendons built up to support the added weight he'll be pushing when on gear.

But besides all that he has had a drug problem, he need support to stay clean. Not a quick fix to his physique problem, quick fixes are what got him hooked to began with. You don't aways have to answer the question asked, if it can be unhealthy for the person asking. The sign of maturity and knowledge working together, is reading the whole post and determining if the person should even use gear at the time.

In this case I'm going to say gear isn't what he needs right now, maybe later. The reason people get hooked on drugs, is because it's a quick fix to whatever their problem is at the time. It give them an instant escape from whatever troubles them. Then that quick fix becomes the problem, because they can't function with it or with out it. Addiction is a serious thing, if you've never been hooked on anything, you have no clue. 4 month of being clean is just the beginning stage of having a drug free life, your mind hasn't even come out of the fog yet, your mind is still clouded from the drugs and trying to deal with life on it's own terms.

That alone has caused more people to go back then anything else, then once they see they are where they left out within a week or month. Those same feelings of dissatisfaction start working on them again and you're more miserable then before.

So lets think about this Bros health, of course his metabolism is messed up from the ICE, but getting a better physique isn't what he needs right now. Getting his mind right is what he needs, learning to deal with life on it's own terms is where he needs to be focused.

asing, what would your sponsor say about using gear? If you're not working a 12 step program, let me say that your physique isn't what you should be worried about right now. Get some life skills down first, deal with your addiction, learn to deal with life's problems, without turning to a quick fix or escape. Make the phone calls that need to be made to bill collectors or whoever, learn to communicate with others that have had the same problem but have over come it. The energy you are showing to try and improve you physique, use it to deal with the issue at hand.

I know it can be hard at times, I've been there, but remember nothing changes when it comes to drug, they lead to the same place all the time. Dysfunction, incarceration or death.

JohnnyB

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    I'd stay away form AAS if you were on ICE for 4 years!
    and by ice I assume you're talking about Methamphetamines.

Meth will increase your BP greatly, and erode your cardiovascualr system.

AAS only perpetuate that problem. You'll definatly have BP problems if you tried any AAS, and among problems its most liekly going to injure you.

btw for you, never use clen.. unless you wanna live to 450-5years only
    this is the best advice he could get - great job Unoid!!!

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    johnny b, that is good advice. all to be considered.
    I also think it is wise to suggest something proper to a guy like this because he will use anyways if he has his mind set on it.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    another thing - its good to have the likes of Johnny B on here as he is dead on as well

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I want to add something here, you guys giving cycle advise, don't know what you're talking about. If he wasn't just coming off a drug addiction, he'd need at least 2 year of training to get his joints and tendons built up to support the added weight he'll be pushing when on gear.

But besides all that he has had a drug problem, he need support to stay clean. Not a quick fix to his physique problem, quick fixes are what got him hooked to began with. You don't aways have to answer the question asked, if it can be unhealthy for the person asking. The sign of maturity and knowledge working together, is reading the whole post and determining if the person should even use gear at the time.

In this case I'm going to say gear isn't what he needs right now, maybe later. The reason people get hooked on drugs, is because it's a quick fix to whatever their problem is at the time. It give them an instant escape from whatever troubles them. Then that quick fix becomes the problem, because they can't function with it or with out it. Addiction is a serious thing, if you've never been hooked on anything, you have no clue. 4 month of being clean is just the beginning stage of having a drug free life, your mind hasn't even come out of the fog yet, your mind is still clouded from the drugs and trying to deal with life on it's own terms.

That alone has caused more people to go back then anything else, then once they see they are where they left out within a week or month. Those same feelings of dissatisfaction start working on them again and you're more miserable then before.

So lets think about this Bros health, of course his metabolism is messed up from the ICE, but getting a better physique isn't what he needs right now. Getting his mind right is what he needs, learning to deal with life on it's own terms is where he needs to be focused.

asing, what would your sponsor say about using gear? If you're not working a 12 step program, let me say that your physique isn't what you should be worried about right now. Get some life skills down first, deal with your addiction, learn to deal with life's problems, without turning to a quick fix or escape. Make the phone calls that need to be made to bill collectors or whoever, learn to communicate with others that have had the same problem but have over come it. The energy you are showing to try and improve you physique, use it to deal with the issue at hand.

I know it can be hard at times, I've been there, but remember nothing changes when it comes to drug, they lead to the same place all the time. Dysfunction, incarceration or death.

JohnnyB
    well said brother, i couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    johnny b, that is good advice. all to be considered.
    I also think it is wise to suggest something proper to a guy like this because he will use anyways if he has his mind set on it.
    That's the problem with people with addictive personalities.

But lets take your logic to it furthest conclusion. Lets say someone said I'm going to commit suicide. Are we obligated to tell him/her the fastest and easiest (like there is one) way to do it? I mean we wouldn't want them to suffer, right?

No, if someone wants to be destructive to their own life, I/we are not obligated to help anyone if I/we chose not to, especially if they are going to be self destructive. But wouldn't trying to talk them out of committing suicide be the better chose? Then if they to go ahead and do it, their life is not on my shoulders or head. I did all I could do to prevent them from hurting themselves or being destructive to themselves. But they made the chose to do it any way, so it's their decision, they made it, they have to live with it or worst case, not live.

Here in this situation, if you give him advise on how to use gear and it backfires and he goes back to ICE. He could use you as an escape goat, those guys said it was okay. But now I'm back on ICE, if it wasn't for them I'd still be clean. Addicts look to place blame on others for their problems, it's part of the addictive personality. But if we all say it's not a good idea and he does it any way and goes back to ICE, he has no one to blame but himself and that's where an addict needs to be. Once they can admit they are the problem and they need help, the healing can began.

We here on these boards need to keep ones health and well being at the forefront of any advise we give. Do you think switching from one drug to another at the 4 month mark of being clean is a wise decision? He hasn't even got a clue of what is ahead of him in his journey for sobriety. Let alone his joints and tendons aren't ready to lift the heavier weight that gear helps you lift.

So lets go worst case scenario, he damages his shoulder and needs surgery. After surgery, he'll need pain killers, another addictive substance. Once those drugs get him high, the door has been opened to getting high. His chances of not going to try some ICE is very low or he could get addicted to pain killers. That's a favorite of people with addictive personalities. I can handle this, it's not my drug of chose, so I'll be okay, with that worked out in their mind. It's a matter of time that they'll turn to what they prefer.

I had a friend that did this, he was a meth user, he was clean for years. Then had some oral surgery and got addicted to the pain killers. Once he couldn't get those, he worked it out in his mind, that he would get some heroin for the pain and he didn't like it, so it wouldn't be a problem. Within months, he was on methadone to try and get off the heroin. From there he went back to meth, prison and as far as I know, is still using meth after doing his time and living on the streets or where ever he can find a place to crash.

Addiction is a bitch and if you've never been there you'll never understand, I been there, I've helped friends to try to get off of it. They always have an excuse of why they couldn't live the way I do. So I've buried some, visited others in prison and still see others living in their maddness.

I know 4 months sound like it could be a long time, but people after years of being clean people have went back.

JohnnyB

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    I perfectly understand i was a crack addict for almost 8 years now ive bin clean for about 4 years now. It wasnt easy thing todo just take it day by day. Working on my social skill's was the very hardest part cause was locked up in the house useing the whole day. Just foucus on other things like youe already are with working out, work and family. Also the other thing that help me stay of is remembering the feeling how horible it is when you crash after using.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Good post JB.

I concur.
    Depending on where you are now, increase your:
    water intake (gallon or better)

protein intake (1-2gms per lb of bodyweight) add shakes and bars.
    Lift regularly
    Do 30mins of of cardio ED; different types (bike, run, rope, etc).

rest and get a good multi-vit/min.

But leave substances along for now.
    Note: Administrators limited my use of smilies.

M.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Good post JB.

I concur.
    Depending on where you are now, increase your:
    water intake (gallon or better)

protein intake (1-2gms per lb of bodyweight) add shakes and bars.
    Lift regularly
    Do 30mins of of cardio ED; different types (bike, run, rope, etc).

rest and get a good multi-vit/min.

But leave substances along for now.
    Note: Administrators limited my use of smilies.

M.
    A very discriptive use of 'smilies'.

ThePhoenix is offline New Member
    dude not to disrespect you but i dont think its possible to gain 45 lbs of fat when youre a meth head. I know first hand. I used meth everyday for a year. you have absolutely no appetite. Even if you could eat it wouldnt matter anyway youd burn it right off being all cranked up.

speed is bad. its really bad. recovery is hard you just have to sleep all day for several months.

Where the 45 pounds came from

You are correct, on ICE you have no appetite and even if you did, you couldnt eat anything because it tastes bad. I was trying to kick the habit over the last year, and got to where I was doing it every few weeks. Still really really bad, you need a couple of months off the SHIT to get your head straight. I would mainly smoke weed in the evenings to stop the cravings the first couple of weeks and of course eat and not get my ass up and work out in the morning. I would then go back to it after a month or so...doing it on the weekend, well, thursday-saturday. Sleep all day on Sunday and try to function again on Monday....but as you know functioning during the first 9 days is HARD. I am finally off of the shit after a couple of years. Been clean now for 6 months. I dont plan on going back, that was a very bad spot in my life.

I am working out again, I still enjoy some good weed on the weekends. And an occasional GHB trip .

Thanks for all your replies.
    Andy

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member

JohnnyB

That's the problem with people with addictive personalities.

But lets take your logic to it furthest conclusion. Lets say someone said I'm going to commit suicide. Are we obligated to tell him/her the fastest and easiest (like there is one) way to do it? I mean we wouldn't want them to suffer, right?

No, if someone wants to be destructive to their own life, I/we are not obligated to help anyone if I/we chose not to, especially if they are going to be self destructive. But wouldn't trying to talk them out of committing suicide be the better chose? Then if they to go ahead and do it, their life is not on my shoulders or head. I did all I could do to prevent them from hurting themselves or being destructive to themselves. But they made the chose to do it any way, so it's their decision, they made it, they have to live with it or worst case, not live.

Here in this situation, if you give him advise on how to use gear and it backfires and he goes back to ICE. He could use you as an escape goat, those guys said it was okay. But now I'm back on ICE, if it wasn't for them I'd still be clean. Addicts look to place blame on others for their problems, it's part of the addictive personality. But if we all say it's not a good idea and he does it any way and goes back to ICE, he has no one to blame but himself and that's where an addict needs to be. Once they can admit they are the problem and they need help, the he****g can began.

We here on these boards need to keep ones health and well being at the forefront of any advise we give. Do you think switching from one drug to another at the 4 month mark of being clean is a wise decision? He hasn't even got a clue of what is ahead of him in his journey for sobriety. Let alone his joints and tendons aren't ready to lift the heavier weight that gear helps you lift.

So lets go worst case scenario, he damages his shoulder and needs surgery. After surgery, he'll need pain killers, another addictive substance. Once those drugs get him high, the door has been opened to getting high. His chances of not going to try some ICE is very low or he could get addicted to pain killers. That's a favorite of people with addictive personalities. I can handle this, it's not my drug of chose, so I'll be okay, with that worked out in their mind. It's a matter of time that they'll turn to what they prefer.

I had a friend that did this, he was a meth user, he was clean for years. Then had some oral surgery and got addicted to the pain killers. Once he couldn't get those, he worked it out in his mind, that he would get some heroin for the pain and he didn't like it, so it wouldn't be a problem. Within months, he was on methadone to try and get off the heroin. From there he went back to meth, prison and as far as I know, is still using meth after doing his time and living on the streets or where ever he can find a place to crash.

Addiction is a bitch and if you've never been there you'll never understand, I been there, I've helped friends to try to get off of it. They always have an excuse of why they couldn't live the way I do. So I've buried some, visited others in prison and still see others living in their maddness.

I know 4 months sound like it could be a long time, but people after years of being clean people have went back.

JohnnyB

2 of the best pieces of infomation i think ive read in my short time here

some additional comments

I am scheduling a complete physical with my physician now. I am on a good workout regimen. I would still like something to help with the workouts cutting the fat off quicker. I dont necessarily want to do anything to put on muscle right now. I figure my joints and tendons cannot talk it ICE EAT's your muscles for whatever reason. I still have a lot of my muscle from my workouts before the ICE, but the extra fat gained during the period I was trying to come off of the SHIT is here and something I have to deal with now. I say trying because I FINALLY figured out that the only way to quit the SHIT is to completely stop and disassociate with the friends you had in that circle. It is unfortunate, but I have seen many of these folks go to jail, my best friend lost his marriage and kids to the SHIT but he is still on it. There is nothing more I can do to help him. I have to think about me and my family. He cannot come around here anymore because he always uses.

If you believe in God and a plague upon the world, I believe METH is a plague. It is the most destructive drug I have ever come across.
    I am happy to tell my story to anyone that wants to listen.

Thank you
    Andy
    Last edited by asing; 12-03-2005 at 07:37 AM.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    if you have a good workout going on i would say just stick with doing a little extra cardio and watch your diet and you should start to shed some of that fat, try posting your w/out and diet in the forums on this site there are alot of people here who can help you.
    you could incorperate some fat burning supps into your diet also if you wished, like hydroxycuts etc...

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

JohnnyB
    one of your best post

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    congrats bro...just keep with it. listen to these guys, they know what their talking about.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    JB, awsome post. Listen to this bro.

Much congrats on kicking that shit, stay healthy man - its the best high in the world.

STEVO 47 is offline Banned
    All the best for you brother. For some of the guys who just don't
    understand. Don't ridicule him for making an effort in straighting
    his life out. I've been there too and unless you have walked in his
    shoes you have no Idea what it's like. And believe me, at times
    death seemed to be a better way of living.

jbarker111 is offline New Member
    Thats awsome man, stay clean dude it is hard but it it definatly worth it, I know. Get addicted to iron, thats what I did. When you fell better about yourself things will change it is ineviatble.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bex304
    2 of the best pieces of infomation i think ive read in my short time here
    I completely agree. This is one of the many reasons I respect Johnnyb. He has taught me so much and is one of the most respectable bro's around.

B
    L
    T

Thread Information