seattleseahalkjunkie is offline Junior Member

Antibiotics and Acne

I told my doctor I was expecting an onset of acne and she gave me some MINOCYCLINE. Does anybody have experience with this? Will it work? I asked about something stonger like Accutine (sp?) and she said I would have to jump through a bunch of hoops for that. So will taking these do me any good? She gave me 100mg to take twice a day. Thanks for your help.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I havent come across anything that helped my acne, I never used accutane because it is hard on the liver and mixed with AS, didnt seem worth it . Let me know how things workout for you, always looking for some help, acne is the worst part of my cycle.

mr amp is offline Associate Member
    i have never had thouse 1ns before but i had it bad with acne once .when u take them they kill al ur bad bactiria but ur body doesnt make new bactiria 2 help fight and protect u in rest ov the corse u can buy something like acidophlis which will boost ur imune system and give u lots ov good bactiria.

Enfantterrible06 is offline New Member
    Any Antibiotic is bad to take with steroids .

leansauce is offline Associate Member
    i took minocycline in high school for my natural zits and it worked a little bit, but when i tried it for my cycle acne it didnt do shit so i stopped taking it cus it aint good to be on antibiotics and i was on it for like two years, i find for cycle acne dawn in the shower works better than anyhthin ive been prescribed

Enfantterrible06 is offline New Member
    Antibiotics are usually anti anabolic which has a negative effect on protein metabolism which will cause a decrease in the effect of what ur taking

Thanks for the feed back Enfan. I was wondering if Antibiotics would negatively effect my cycle. I will try the dawn trick. It might look a little funny at the gym showers though.

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfantterrible06
    Antibiotics are usually anti anabolic which has a negative effect on protein metabolism which will cause a decrease in the effect of what ur taking

...no offense, but can you quote the article or studies that support this notion?? It doesnt seem logical to me given the very different biochemical actions of antibiotics and AAS.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    My dermatologist didn't want to prescribe accutane to me either. I even read up on it, and dont really want it now too. She keep offering oral antibiotics, but I refused them since I have had bad experiences in the past and I know that antibiotics lower protein synthesis. She perscribed some topical antibiotics and tazorotene for now.

So to answer your question, oral antibiotics are conterproductive, although the effect is somewhat minimal.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    ...no offense, but can you quote the article or studies that support this notion?? It doesnt seem logical to me given the very different biochemical actions of antibiotics and AAS.
    I even talked to a pharamcist about this one, antibiotics (esp oral) lower protein synthesis.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Why dont you guys yust use aas that dont promote acne??

onehundredk is offline Member
    I use to have pretty bad acne 14-15 years old, i had to jump thru hoops too, i found the only pill that works is accutane, no acne, even with gear now. but topical is a charm look into something with benzoyl peroxide, or even clindamycin phosphate. the clindamycin is RX, but benzoyl peroxide you can get over the counter, dont mix them either, youll get worse acne, for the meantime, dont take those pills, use rubbing alcohol til you get the topical stuff. youll thank me later.

Victor, what AAS do you suggest that does not promote Acne? I am on my third test only cycle only.

Thread Information