Thread: Large Vials

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member

Large Vials

This might be a stupid question, but is there any downside to buying certain things in large vials? For example, 40mL of test-e, that would last me for probably 1.5 cycles, is there a problem with this leftover gear from the first cycle in terms of sterility?

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I've never felt comfortable storing gear too long once the vial was punctured, but that's just me. If you keep it clean, I think you should be allright.

Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I've never felt comfortable storing gear too long once the vial was punctured, but that's just me. If you keep it clean, I think you should be allright.
    You have to be kidding. Gear like everything else has an experation date on it.

tatersaladisgood is offline Junior Member
    dont use after expiration. anything before is ok

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Cool thanks, basically if I wipe the rubber with alcohol before and after puncturing, and I keep it in a bag it should be fine up to the expiration date.

tatersaladisgood is offline Junior Member
    you got it bro. be safe.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    where ever possible i only get 20 ml vials, because since you need to inject an equal amount of air VS juice into the vial to build up back pressure so your pin loads smoothly, I dont like the idea of air sitting in their in between cycles.Doesnt seem to sterile to me.But if that what you got i might suggest getting secondary 20ml STERILE viles to store the rest in untill needed.Thats just me though.

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    Who said anything about an expiration date?

Quote Originally Posted by tough old man
    You have to be kidding. Gear like everything else has an experation date on it.

Power40 is offline Associate Member
    I keep my vials in an old Rx bottle. It keeps it safe.

bigJJ is offline Member
    Expiration dates aside... I don't think anyone in their right mind would be using anything past it's expiration date...

The real question is one of sterility.

I regularly buy from a fella that makes gear in 50 ml - 100 ml vials. Now think carefully about the injection process here...

Before I put the needle in the stopper, I have to pull back the plunger and inject it into the vial, to increase the positive air pressure flow, yes? Is the air in my bathroom sterile? Somehow I seriously doubt that. Yet I am taking that air and pumping it into a vial of fluid that will be injected into my body! Bacteria needs very little encouragement to flourish. Ask any chemist, or collegiate level chemistry student.

If you buy (or make) your gear in large vials (which is simply cost effective), invest in 10 ml sealed vials and a whatman filter. Get a 50 ml jug and filter it, spread it over the 10 ml vials and you're all set. Trust me, empty 10 ml vials are much cheaper than "filled" 10 ml vials...lol

Thread Information