onehundredk is offline Member

Swollen after injection

Its been 2 full days since i injected the test 400. yes yes, its highly concentrated, thick needle, first dose...but its very red, looks like the muscle in my leg i put it in, its 3 times the size as the other leg. and it feels like its not getting better. whens normal timing for the swolleness to go away...and yes, im going to inject b12 next week.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by onehundredk
    Its been 2 full days since i injected the test 400. yes yes, its highly concentrated, thick needle, first dose...but its very red, looks like the muscle in my leg i put it in, its 3 times the size as the other leg. and it feels like its not getting better. whens normal timing for the swolleness to go away...and yes, im going to inject b12 next week.
    Why are you going to shoot b12? To try to dilute the test 400 in hopes of less pain? You would just be increasing injection volume so the benefit would be marginal at best. Is this your first shot? If so, it will get better pretty soon.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you have a fever or is the area red and hot ? You could have a cellulitis brewing, If you do have those symptoms get to an area ER and a script ASAP.

MagicHat is offline New Member
    Okay, here's the deal. Test-E usually gives you the feeling of a "golf ball" under your skin, this feeling is the worst around day 2-3 and then goes away after about 5-6 days. After you get used to injecting your body will adapt with the depo of oil quicker and therefore the pain will be less prominent (although still not totally gone). **IMPORTANT** I had this happen to me once so pay attention! If the injection site is really swollen, there is a large red area around the injection site, and the site is hot to the touch, you probablly have an infection. (I had this in my right delt...the redness is usually mostly concentrated bellow the injection site because gravity dictates where the bloodflow goes) You really then need to go to your doctor ASAP. Tell them what you are doing so they can skip the bull in trying to figure out what is wrong with you. They will prescribe you most likely with Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium (that's one drug) which you will take for 10 days 2 times a day...this is an antibiotic. Any they will give you a shot of something in the glute to get the process started faster (I forget what the name of the oil injection they give you. SO YEAH, that's what they did for me atleast and it worked like a charm. But don't wait...if you have these symptoms its better to be safe than sorry, so go to your doc. Best of luck.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHat
    Okay, here's the deal. Test-E usually gives you the feeling of a "golf ball" under your skin, this feeling is the worst around day 2-3 and then goes away after about 5-6 days. After you get used to injecting your body will adapt with the depo of oil quicker and therefore the pain will be less prominent (although still not totally gone). **IMPORTANT** I had this happen to me once so pay attention! If the injection site is really swollen, there is a large red area around the injection site, and the site is hot to the touch, you probablly have an infection. (I had this in my right delt...the redness is usually mostly concentrated bellow the injection site because gravity dictates where the bloodflow goes) You really then need to go to your doctor ASAP. Tell them what you are doing so they can skip the bull in trying to figure out what is wrong with you. They will prescribe you most likely with Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium (that's one drug) which you will take for 10 days 2 times a day...this is an antibiotic. Any they will give you a shot of something in the glute to get the process started faster (I forget what the name of the oil injection they give you. SO YEAH, that's what they did for me atleast and it worked like a charm. But don't wait...if you have these symptoms its better to be safe than sorry, so go to your doc. Best of luck.
    Good advice, but just because there is swelling and redness does not mean you have an infection. I know because i had it happen all the time on prop.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Good advice, but just because there is swelling and redness does not mean you have an infection. I know because i had it happen all the time on prop.
    very true. when it starts too get inchy, then you should start too worry...

ok thanks guys. its not hot or even warm to the touch...its the same temperature on my other leg...it is red, but its not spreading its just staying a nice 4 inch diameter around the site. the pain i guess is better than yesterday, but still hurts. where should i inject my second week. glute from now on, or other leg in the same area? my buddy did his glute with the same stuff, and first injection he couldnt sit down for a few days, and every injection after is just sore for a day. is this likely what is going to happen to me?

also would it be possible that 400mg was too much for my first dose?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    ok thanks guys. its not hot or even warm to the touch...its the same temperature on my other leg...it is red, but its not spreading its just staying a nice 4 inch diameter around the site. the pain i guess is better than yesterday, but still hurts. where should i inject my second week. glute from now on, or other leg in the same area? my buddy did his glute with the same stuff, and first injection he couldnt sit down for a few days, and every injection after is just sore for a day. is this likely what is going to happen to me?

I had the same thing happen to my tricep...turned red a swelled up like a balloon, but it wasn't warm to the touch and I wasn't running a fever so I waited a few days and it got better... I think the key is if it is warm to the touch and u are running a fever the odds are higher that u have an infection... in that case go straight to the doctor...

also would it be possible that 400mg was too much for my first dose?
    Dosage wldn't be a problem... volume of the shot (how many cc's) wld be a problem...

1cc=400mg...ok well i appreciate it, cuz i was starting to think it was infection today, would it be best to keep it warm with a heating pad, or cold with biofreeze gel?

I just have bad luck with my glutes...reguardless where you inject it its gonna hurt because your are injecting into a "virgin" muscle...I'm guessing this is your first cycle. Also, what gauge needle are you using? That could be the culprit. If its a big needle then make sure you inject extra slow so your muscle can adapt to the depot being but into your body. I personally like to go with my delts just because I've done them so many times that it doesn't hurt at all. As with any muscle, the more you do it the less pain there will be over time. Just make sure to rotate sites allowing atleast 1 full week per site. 400mg is the max I would do in one spot. If you were doing 500mg then you would split it, if 250 then it would be painless...400 is just one of those odd #'s where your just on the threshold of being too much for one spot.

so your concentration is 1cc(1ml)+400mg? If so then you should be fine.

I just have bad luck with my glutes...reguardless where you inject it its gonna hurt because your are injecting into a "virgin" muscle...I'm guessing this is your first cycle. Also, what gauge needle are you using? That could be the culprit. If its a big needle then make sure you inject extra slow so your muscle can adapt to the depot being but into your body. I personally like to go with my delts just because I've done them so many times that it doesn't hurt at all. As with any muscle, the more you do it the less pain there will be over time. Just make sure to rotate sites allowing atleast 1 full week per site. 400mg is the max I would do in one spot. If you were doing 500mg then you would split it, if 250 then it would be painless...400 is just one of those odd #'s where your just on the threshold of being too much for one spot.

haha k, thanks alot, it is my first injection cycle. 22 gauge. and yes i went slow. well thanks, not only did this help me, but most likely 3 other people. would it be better to use a heating pad to keep it warm, or biofreeze gel to keep it cold?

Bro. how many mg's it is doesn't matter. what matters is how many cc's u shoot... if 1cc=400mg then that is not alot to shoot in 1 spot... u can safely shoot 2cc's or more into your glute. This wld be 800mgs, not a problem other than running your doses a little high if u are shooting twice a week. the pain is caused mostly by the ba/bb % that was used to make the gear....

Just thought i wld clear that up for u...

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    Bro. how many mg's it is doesn't matter. what matters is how many cc's u shoot... if 1cc=400mg then that is not alot to shoot in 1 spot... u can safely shoot 2cc's or more into your glute. This wld be 800mgs, not a problem other than running your doses a little high if u are shooting twice a week. the pain is caused mostly by the ba/bb % that was used to make the gear....

Just thought i wld clear that up for u...
    k ya, i understand, but biofreeze gel to keep it cold, or heating pad to keep it warm, im impatient and need an answer it f**kin hurts haha

Yeah I realized that his concentration was 400mg/ml...the test I've used was 250mg/ml so I just asumed that it was more around 2 ml. I agree though...2 ml is ok to shoot

i don't know what to tell u bout heat or cold... i think it's heat for a muscle and cold for a joint... but i m not sure...

k then a heating pad is going on

Take 800mg of Ibeuprofin (as an anti-inflamitory) and use a heating pad for 30 min every couple of hrs.

Take 800mg of Ibeuprofin (as an anti-inflamitory) and use a heating pad for 30 min every couple of hrs.
    k i took the ibeuprofin 800mg 30 mins ago, and heating pad is on, so im done bitching for awhile haha

THINKBIG is offline Junior Member
    My first cycle 2. I'm using sust 250 and the first shot was very painfull for 3 days after, the next get easier cause your body gets used to it. Virgin muscle hurts! did 6 shots into glutes and they are feeling better but I just did #7 in the gluteus medeus, great place, easy to get to but being a virgin site it was sore as hell the next day, 2 days later much better. My opinion hit the medeus way less nerves and veins to worry about. Thought about the thigh but if it hurt like my first glute shot, worried I will be needing crutches for a day or 2.LOL....Good Luck to U Bro.....

Bernmeister is offline New Member
    I am having a similar painful problem with my left quad. I shot 1 cc of Test E and have a quad that is swollen and so sore I walk like I have a gimp leg. The night after the injection, I worked out and did a full leg routine with no pain. The next day it was killing me. Today it is worse, but not red and no fever. I switched from sustanon 260 to Test E because I thought I would have less of a reaction. I got cellulitis in my glute from the Sus. Can you let me know if it clears up? I actually made an appointment with the doctor for today.

Thread Information