Thread: Frequent Sex?

stumpy29 is offline Associate Member

Frequent Sex?

This may be a dumb question but will frequent sex have any kind of negative effect on my cycle? Running 875mg's ew of enanthate and 600 mg's deca ew and my wife and i have been getting it on like crazy! Will this have any kind of negative effect on my cycle?

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    i've always wondered the same thing.

Dexta is offline Associate Member
    No bud, no negative effects really. Alittle cardio never hurt anyone!

bump anyone else with anything to back this up

bump someone has to know this

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy29
    This may be a dumb question but will frequent sex have any kind of negative effect on my cycle? Running 875mg's ew of enanthate and 600 mg's deca ew and my wife and i have been getting it on like crazy! Will this have any kind of negative effect on my cycle?
    frequent sex will increase prolactin levels

1: Biol Psychol. 2005 Aug 8; [Epub ahead of print] Related Articles, Links

The post-orgasmic prolactin increase following intercourse is greater than following masturbation and suggests greater satiety.

Brody S, Kruger TH.

Division of Psychology, School of Social Sciences, University of Paisley, Scotland, UK.

Research indicates that prolactin increases following orgasm are involved in a feedback loop that serves to decrease arousal through inhibitory central dopaminergic and probably peripheral processes. The magnitude of post-orgasmic prolactin increase is thus a neurohormonal index of sexual satiety. Using data from three studies of men and women engaging in masturbation or penile-vaginal intercourse to orgasm in the laboratory, we report that for both sexes (adjusted for prolactin changes in a non-sexual control condition), the magnitude of prolactin increase following intercourse is 400% greater than that following masturbation. The results are interpreted as an indication of intercourse being more physiologically satisfying than masturbation, and discussed in light of prior research reporting greater physiological and psychological benefits associated with coitus than with any other sexual activities.

Thread Information