takedownII is offline Member

aspirating and blood

I have few questions about aspirating and finding blood. luckily i havent' had any blood yet (knock on wood), but if i do i want to know what to do.

If I aspirate and I do find blood, how do I go about getting it out?
    Does the blood suck back in like bubbles or do i have to empy it?
    Does the substance then become useless?
    Should I change needles? If so, how do you change while the syringe is loaded?

Thanks for help, i thought this is something i should really understand in case it happens. i've read other posts but they were not very clear. thanks for your help.

tkdwnII

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    so ur aspirating and blood comes out...pull the syringe out...and inject somewhere else

This might be bad, but I never aspirate and have never had a problem. I know I'm not a dr. or a nurse, but I've never seen them give me a injection and aspirate. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Do yourself a favor and continue to aspirate ... it only takes a second and will save u from at the very least feeling like shit for awhile...

lakota is offline Junior Member

when to aspirate

ALWAYS aspirate !!! I am a liscenced nurse, and I always aspirate, whether it's on my own personal cycle, or on a patient. Just pull the plunger back a little, and you should see a bubble appear, and hopefully, no blood. If I'm giving a medication to a patient, and I see blood, I'm supposed to withdraw the needle, throw it away, load another syringe, and give the med in a different location. However, with roids...well, they're a little expensive. You might want to push just enough out to clear the blood, then use another site. Blood won't hurt your solution thopugh, it just might make it a little hard to see if you're drawing blood when you aspirate from your next site, that's all. But don't worry, in five years as a nurse, I have never once aspirated and seen blood. It is rare, although it does happen. Just be sure to do it every time.
    Good luck to ya!

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    it happend to me...no big deal just push out blood, change needle, find another spot and repeat inj.

takedownII is offline Member
    ok, thanks, how do you change needles when the syringe is already loaded though? thanks

tkdwnII

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member
    just draw back on the plunger about a cc so theres room between the two screw off the needle and screw on a new one and your good........

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    if you find blood, you'll want to withdraw and replace the needle (they are designed for one time use only and the silica coating gets rubbed off after one piercing). Leave the syringe loaded just as is. It's no problem at all to inject the bit of blood in the barrel into your new injection site.

Montgomery

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    just try to avoid injecting blood into the new site, i don't believe that's good for ur body, first get rid of blood in syringe, then draw back a litle, change needles, and ur good to go

Thread Information