DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

who is with me ? (cant obtain a 6 pack, rant)

I am of a smaller build 5'6 165lbs . I am about to start a cycle and i figure before i start let me cut down on bf (am going to get checked at gym tomorrow) but i was eye balling it today. Now i struggled to get from 150 to 165 and in my mind i always have the skinny man syndrome. Anyway, i dropped from 165 to 160ish and still cant get abs to show. Now getting my abs to show 100 % of the time isnt my goal but just to look ok. My problem is i look fine when i am standing up straight but when i sit down i almost have a roll at stomach !! No where else do i store fat . You cant even pinch my thighs but for some reason it all goes around the tummy. Now me being a smaller guy of course that makes me want to get big since i cant be tall. My problem is i dont want to have to drop too much weight and have to be 150 skinny guy.

I cant make my mind up , some days i want to try and be cut others i want to just get big ! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

P.s

Sorry this was probably posted in the wrong forum, i am so use to posting here :O(
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 12-05-2005 at 02:12 PM.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    I am similar to you, I store fat in my abdominal area before anywhere else on my body.

However, there are two things that I found to work in obtaining a 6 pack.

(1) CLEAN DIET

lean proteins: egg whites, turkey, chicken, tuna, fish.
    complex carbs: brown rice, barley, oatmeal

AVOID fat, sugar, sodium.

DO NOT eat carbs at night and have Caesin Protein as your last meal.

(2) GUERILLA CARDIO

Guerilla Cardio burns fat from the abdominal area better than any other type of cardio activity.

Read about Guerilla Cardio here:
    http://www.cs.unm.edu/~wneumann/file...lla_cardio.pdf

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain bro. I'm around your size...5'5" at 180 pounds. My abs never really show that well unless I'm in the 150's. When they do start showing, i feel weak and skinny. My advice would be to just to keep bulking and not worry about a six pack. Work your way up to around 190, then maybe consider cutting. Good luck with whatever decision you choose.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg_28
    I feel your pain bro. I'm around your size...5'5" at 180 pounds. My abs never really show that well unless I'm in the 150's. When they do start showing, i feel weak and skinny. My advice would be to just to keep bulking and not worry about a six pack. Work your way up to around 190, then maybe consider cutting. Good luck with whatever decision you choose.

Yep. whenever I cut I end up getting too skinny. Sure I have nice abs, but like you said, "I feel weak and skinny".

Maybe I'll just bulk till I get to about 350, then try to cut.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg_28
    unless I'm in the 150's. When they do start showing, i feel weak and skinny. .
    I am the same way.

need2Bbig is offline Associate Member

yea maybe ill bulk... probably not

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    Yep. whenever I cut I end up getting too skinny. Sure I have nice abs, but like you said, "I feel weak and skinny".

Maybe I'll just bulk till I get to about 350, then try to cut.

yea Illl just bulk to like 700 then cut too

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    in the wrong forum but with that said...i never really had noticeable abs until i really started focussing on them..now i hit them eod and i'm always doing a different kind of excerise for them..you have to have your bf% low to see them period..so clean diet and cardio are a must..i'm bulking right now have gained 20lbs and can still see my abs..obviously not as good though, i think if i gain 10-15 more they will be gone until i cut again

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I am of a smaller build 5'6 165lbs . I am about to start a cycle and i figure before i start let me cut down on bf (am going to get checked at gym tomorrow) but i was eye balling it today. Now i struggled to get from 150 to 165 and in my mind i always have the skinny man syndrome. Anyway, i dropped from 165 to 160ish and still cant get abs to show. Now getting my abs to show 100 % of the time isnt my goal but just to look ok. My problem is i look fine when i am standing up straight but when i sit down i almost have a roll at stomach !! No where else do i store fat . You cant even pinch my thighs but for some reason it all goes around the tummy. Now me being a smaller guy of course that makes me want to get big since i cant be tall. My problem is i dont want to have to drop too much weight and have to be 150 skinny guy.

I cant make my mind up , some days i want to try and be cut others i want to just get big ! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

P.s

Sorry this was probably posted in the wrong forum, i am so use to posting here :O(
    Keep bulking and then you will be able to diet down and have abs while still being big, Problem solved.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    hi, my name is Igifuno.. and I am a member of the 5'5 180lb club as well. Lol... here's what I do when cutting.. this is all science, bro. discipline, consistancy and commitment are key here... work abs twice a week, cardio 3x/wk 45 min, clean, clean diet (chicken, tuna and other fish, protien supplements), avoid sugars and saturated fats (even avoid dairys, mike/cheese), all in all, lower carb intake by 50%, but in order to maintain whatever lean mass you have, increase protien intake by 50%. you want to keep cals relatively high, but make sure its clean food - get your carbs from white or brown rice or veggies - no bread. keep your stomach fed, don't be afraid to eat, that's how you fool the survival system. if your body is only getting three meals a day, it will store as much as it can as fat because it doesn't know when its getting its next meal. if you eat thoughout the day, your body will expect another meal soon and more unwanted fats will pass though your intestines. that's the way i do it and it never fails me.

Here comes another angle from the other side. I am 5'8". I am currently 280 at about 12% bodyfat. I drop to 235ish for a show and feel like a skinny prick. Sure it looks good, but I'd rather be big and thick. In the end, it's all about ego anyway.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Pct and Igf are what got my 6 pack back.... I was down to a 2 pack while bulking for 20 weeks... then started pct and ran Igf during it and I leaned out nice... I don't even do cardio... my cardio is my job everyday, I do alot of walking and lifting (UPS driver)...

mrsuperpump is offline Associate Member
    i might be giving this gorilla cardio thing a try...i have no problem getting down to the 11-13%bf mark but getting lower than that.. man it takes a whole new approach i always have that tiny bit of fat around my belly button..its so annoying..and the one period where i had all of my fat gone i could allways tell if i was getting fatter just by checking the area around my belly button..i guess that is the first place my body deposits fat..im just one of those people who were born to be fat...but i aint letting it happen ever.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im the same way. No matter what I do I cant get rid of my spare tire. I would guess Im at 13% bf right now but my love handles just jut out and look awful..same with my lower stomach. I might try sprinting, but not too close to leg day.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    in the wrong forum but with that said...i never really had noticeable abs until i really started focussing on them..now i hit them eod and i'm always doing a different kind of excerise for them..
    I tried a variety of abdominal exercises, but this did not work well for me and no combination of ab exercises or highly optimized dieting seemed to work.

As soon as I started doing guerilla cardio (circuit training sprints) for a few weeks - my abs really started to show.

I guess that removing that final layer of fat in the abdominal area is key to getting good definition in this area.

I had abs long before this, but you could not see them because this layer of fat was conce****g them.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    im like that some days. I feel like i wanna be huge but other days i think maybe if i cut up a bit then il look good with not so much weight on. Today i wanna be HUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!! + its chest day.

Bigd0g is offline Associate Member
    lol >_<

Your body does indeed have a "preset theory" on where it should be weightwise. It's part of the kenisetical awareness that coupled with homeostasis gives your body a foundation to work from. So your body needs to be tricked into going to very low or high weights.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    lot of long words there bro!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    I thought about trying that sprint work, but that would really mess with recovery, once again.

Rolsroyce is offline Junior Member
    bro,I was always trying to get big enough to compete but i never felt like I was. You never do. I started at 140 or so and went up to about 220 in a couple years then one day I said screw it . I am going to get cut and do a show no matter how skinny I feel like I am getting. So I ended up at around 4%bf at 180 and took a dieretic and weighed in at 176 and1/2.They let me slide in to the middle weight catagory even though I was 1/4 lb over weight. I am 5ft8 so that is too light for me to be competative at but it was a good experience all the same.Met flex wheeler and cory everson ..And learned alot about what it takes to get lean.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    im the same way bro 5'5" 165lbs now & soon to start up a bulk cycle. (thats me in my avatar @ 150lbs a few years back, u can see my abs) thats the last time i saw a waste like that, lol. seriously, overall i am pretty solid but i have a problem w/ losing my stomach & i found that a series of 3-4 sets of ab workouts eod is best, along w/ cardio 3 times/wk. remember abs r a muscle too & u have to build them up & get them strong while u burn fat, before u can see them. stay away from bread, no sandwiches for me. it all comes down to consistency w/ abs, imo, u cant let them go, u must stay on top of them. try diff. things out & check ur diet.

Thread Information