Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member

Steroids & Gynocomastia

When women take steroids , it can cause their breasts to shrink, right? This is why many female bodybuilders get breast implants, no? If one of you guys got gyno, couldn't you just increase your testosterone dosage while taking high levels of arimidex to completely eliminate estrogen? This would hopefully break down breast tissue like it does in females, while making it impossible to grow new gyno because of a lack of estrogen. Does this make sense?

The only reason it wouldn't work is if testosterone only breaks down breast tissue in women. However, steroid users (male and female) both have elevated testosterone and estrogen levels, so I don't see why it would be any different.

What do you guys think?

-SF

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    no. more test in mean = more aromatization = more estrogen = gyno

cheers !

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam675
    no. more test in mean = more aromatization = more estrogen = gyno

cheers !
    Agreed... up your test and you will up your estrogen, guaranteed. Only way to eliminate pre-existing gyno is through surgery. Or if you are lucky enough, you can use doses of nolva over a period of time which might help lessen the extent of the gyno, but thats a maybe.

And I have never read a study that states upped testosterone in women decreases breast size. Althought I would agree that fitness women (including steriod using women) will decrease the amount of fatty tissue in the breast through a lower bf%.
    Last edited by Whoisdaman; 12-07-2003 at 03:05 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    its all been said bro, they are both right.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    i think the reason why most of those woman get implants is because they get so ripped. Their bf get's so low that their breasts shrink, so they need implants to compensate.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Agreed. It's not the test, but the low BF that causes the reduction in breast size, which is mostly fat to begin with.

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Agreed. It's not the test, but the low BF that causes the reduction in breast size, which is mostly fat to begin with.

-moto
    This is the point that I become a HUGE implant fan

Body is offline Associate Member

So then...

If you get Gyno, just get so #@!$'n shreeded that it goes away! (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Body
    And don't we wish it was that ez...not that that's ez...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Body
    The fat goes, but the tissue remains. If you have enlarged glands the lower your bodyfat the more prominent the problem becomes.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    The fat goes, but the tissue remains. If you have enlarged glands the lower your bodyfat the more prominent the problem becomes.
    Yes indeed.. there's a famous pic of a certain pro at olympia at 4% body fat or so where you can still see his gyno lumps. Someone help me out here... who was that?

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Yep, I have a little, it bothers me, but most people don't have clue what I'm talkin' about when I tell them I have it. They say "Where?"
    I can remember the first time I got myself really ripped, I was sayin' YEAH! It's Goin' away!....But this little tiny part just kinda hung around...pisses me off, but with Mortgage, 2 Car Payments, 2 Kids, assorted different Insurances......an Op will have to wait...if College doesn't finish me off! (or shoes.....2 girls)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Yes indeed.. there's a famous pic of a certain pro at olympia at 4% body fat or so where you can still see his gyno lumps. Someone help me out here... who was that?
    Yeah BUMP...
    I can remember seeing someone (Pro) and thinking to myself..."What up with that?"..."He's got sponsors, why wouldn't he do something about that?"...But I can't remember who it was either. I've a friend that may or may not have turned Pro (haven't seen him in 3 yrs or so) that used to (& I'm sure still does) get checks for "Expenses" (which is Exactly what one of them said) after he was already stocked up on everything else he could possibly need. So why a Pro would still have a Gyno Problem is beyond me.
    Who was that masked man?
    Anybody?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Cutler have showned signs of gyno all year (look at the ironman and arnold pics).

Chris cormier has had problems, ronníe coleman too.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Cutler have showned signs of gyno all year (look at the ironman and arnold pics).

Chris cormier has had problems, ronníe coleman too.
    Man if you think about it, how couldn't they??!

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    After surgery aren't the glands removed so there is no possible way for reoccuring gyno? Doesn't make sense that a bodybuilder whose job is to look 100% doesn't go though a one time surgery to fix his problem.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I noticed it on a picture of Craig Titus....

Quote Originally Posted by Whoisdaman
    After surgery aren't the glands removed so there is no possible way for reoccuring gyno? Doesn't make sense that a bodybuilder whose job is to look 100% doesn't go though a one time surgery to fix his problem.
    That's what I'm talkin' about?
    I would be inclined to believe that a distraction like that would create bias of your whole physique...Judges ARE Human.

jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member
    The olympia pic you guys are talking about is Paco Bautista. It was very bad, couldnt believe he came in like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnie5_5
    The olympia pic you guys are talking about is Paco Bautista. It was very bad, couldnt believe he came in like that.
    Gotta pic jonnie5_5 ?
    Please post it if you do.

POSH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoisdaman

Is this true? I have heard mixed reviews.....Can gyno never come back after surgery. After I had mine my doc was telling me" Blah blah blah...so you will not have a reoccurance". (I was just waking up from surgery)

All of these pros HAVE to have already had surgery once.....then they are getting it back. Any experts???

POSH is offline Member
    bump

Thread Information