lostdinasty1998 is offline New Member

Exclamation Best way To Lose Fat, Help Me.

Hi, I am a 22 year old Female. I am around 200 pounds and have been trying to lose weight for many years now. Just dieting and excersing has not been working at all. I still end up tired and lazy by the end of the day. The carb thing wasn't doing to well either. Only way I really lost anything was by starving and that is not what I want to do.

I have been concidering taking in suppliments or fat burners to aid me in my quest. Does anyone have any helpful hints on what would work well?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdinasty1998
    Hi, I am a 22 year old Female. I am around 200 pounds and have been trying to lose weight for many years now. Just dieting and excersing has not been working at all. I still end up tired and lazy by the end of the day. The carb thing wasn't doing to well either. Only way I really lost anything was by starving and that is not what I want to do.

I have been concidering taking in suppliments or fat burners to aid me in my quest. Does anyone have any helpful hints on what would work well?

If diet and excersise has not been working at all then you are almost undoubtedly doing it wrong... if done properly it is the best way to lose weight...

tempbrit is offline Member
    You need to fix your diet first and foremost. Study the Diet section of the Forum. Amazing info there. I learned tons and was able to reduce fat that I thought was impossible to lose.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    I gotta agree with the above. right now the best thing for you is a great diet and cardio. read up in the diet forum, the cutting sticky is a good start.
    hit the cardio hard. 1 hour every day in the am on an empty stomach. you will be surprised at how well it will work. but diet is what will make or break it.
    right now useing fat burners will only add unneeded stress on the heart.
    you found a great source of info here. good luck

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    absolutely check out the diet forum. your food intake as well as rest has a lot to do with your energy levels.

You can always use an ECA stack but you should study it or anything for that matter before putting it in your body. good luck.

I understand but I have stuck to a strick diet. Even went to a doctor and got medical information on help of what are the right things to eat.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    give me an example of what you eat in the course of a day as well as your excercise routine.

Well I work as campus police ten hours a day. 4 days on and 3 days off. When I am working. I will have breakfast that morning, of special K. Skim milk and some orange juice for the road. I head over to the gym. I don't want muscle I just want weight loss so I do cardio. First I do some stretches, then I start on the bike for a half hour because its my favorite. Second I will pick either the steps that day or walking. I try and switch it up so it is not always the same. During this time I drink a lot of water so I don't get sore as much and keep hydrated.

Then when I leave I will have a snack before work. Usually its fruit or just steamed brocolli. Little bit of oil lots of vinager. During work I tend to have a diet coke to treat myself or just water with my dinner. Which usually is a salad or a sandwich wheat wrap. Seeing my choices for a free meal is limated. (Im cheap lol)

During the day though when I have the large periods of time in between I snack away too. I was told it keeps my metabolism going. I'll have a low fat yogurt, surgah free jello or an energy bar. I don't eat at night seeing I get out at 2 am cuz well I go to sleep and my body shuts down.

Thats my basic boring routine. (Excuse my spell im tired.)

eport is offline Associate Member
    diet is right but it also takes alot of determination and shear will power too. one trick i have learned too is think of what weight you want to b if it 170 just add a zero to that and thats how many calories you should consumer in your diet (1700cals) i would also suggest 6 six moderate high protein low carb meals a day. you also have too consume fat to burn fat if you try and starve yourself you will make it worse. and oh yea CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO

I do cardio cardio Ieat my chicken and steak and I been on this diet for 3 years >.< Someone shoot me!

First I thought it was my thyrod they said yes then the doc's said no. Grr them.

eport is offline Associate Member
    maybe see a nutritionist and get a personal trainer

tried that already I been trying all of this since I was 15. Its been a life long problem for me

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't see much protein in your diet and I see a very non-scheduled meal plan. You must plan your meals and have them on a set schedule eating a meal every 4 hours.. Low Carbs not low fat... and high protien.

Let me put this straight out and you can go with it how you want.

1. If what you are eating is NOT Helping you, don't eat or drink it.. Yup that's right.. No diet cokes, No low fat cookies, No sugar free jello and NO NO NO "energy bars", nothing "extra" that is not going to help your body run.. At your weight and desire you need to only eat to fuel your body, nothing more nothing less.

2. You said you do cardio and you enjoy the bike and you do it because you like it? Well let me put it this way, if you Like It you are not pushing hard enough. when you do Cardio and you have a large task like you have you have to work so dam hard you hate it.. I am guessing that you are going to light on the cardio and not getting your heart rate in the Zone it needs to be. If you are serious about losing weight go get yourself a Good heart monitor, the kind that wraps around your chest and has a watch so you can monitor your HR.. You should be pushing your HR to at least 128-140 BPM for 45 minutes non-stop.. Do that for 6 weeks and then you will see some huge changes, if you diet is clean..

Fat burners are a waste of money if the rest of your diet and exercise program are lacking.

I am not trying to be mean I am not going to dance around the question either.

Oldman

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdinasty1998
    I do cardio cardio Ieat my chicken and steak and I been on this diet for 3 years >.< Someone shoot me!

First I thought it was my thyrod they said yes then the doc's said no. Grr them.
    No need for this Meso!
    Last edited by abstrack; 12-07-2005 at 08:04 PM.

Your diet is totally off. That right there is a common aproach to losing weight for alot of people, but def not the best way. For one, your eating too little, and what you are consuming is in the forms of sugars(fruit, yogurt) and the sugar free jello is nothing but empty calories. Weight training will not make you big and bulky looking, that is a myth that many women buy into. What weight training will do is increase your metabolism(muscle metabolizes fat) and harden your appearance. Cardio will only make you a smaller version of what you are, you need resistance training to morph your appearance into something different and more desirable. A womans body only has about 1/100th the amount of testosterone as a man, you can lift all you want, you will not get bulky and unnattractive. The women who do are taking steroids .

toolman is offline Banned
    Someone mentioned it but it is key as it is how I first lost my weight...excercise first thing in the am on an EMPTY stomach. Glycogen levels are the lowest then and the first reserve the body hits is fat. Further, someone mentioned heart rate and hitting it hard. While heart rate is important, it does not mean you have to hit it hard. If fact, if you go too hard and bring your heart rate too high, you make it aerobic and this uses oxygen and less fat for energy. While it is good for the heart, and some wait loss, it is not maximum. TThe formula is 220 less your age. That gives you your max heart rate. Then multiply that times .7 and that is your ideal fat burning zone.

Pick up a book called "Body For Life" by Phillips. It will teach you all of these basics. It worked for me and many, many more peole before us. Good luck, don't lose sight and make it happen. You will never be happier when you do.

tempbrit is offline Member
    Your diet is way off! Drop the orange juice, do cardio on an empty stomach.

I also think you are foolish to not weight train as this is a key element to weight loss. Muscle burns calories, the more muscle the more calories you burn, the more calories you burn the more fat you will lose.

What does your cardio consist of.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I noticed a lack of protein in the diet. Are you drinking plenty of water? Are you performing cardio 5-6 times a week for 45 minutes at 65%-75% MHR? Try to introduce plenty of whole protein sources like turkey, chicken, egg whites, and for good carb sources, oats, brown rice, etc.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    YOUR DESIRE TO CHANGE MUST BE GREATER THAN YOUR DESIRE TO STAY THE SAME.

I am not saying it's not, but if this has been an issue since 15, either every program you have tried is complete shit, or you have fallen off the wagon aka something else is up.

~SC~

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    If diet and excersise has not been working at all then you are almost undoubtedly doing it wrong... if done properly it is the best way to lose weight...
    ditto!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ditto X 3 as that's what I do for a living, so I know this to be true.

~SC~

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Oh, i forgot to mention EFA's. They are essential.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    YOUR DESIRE TO CHANGE MUST BE GREATER THAN YOUR DESIRE TO STAY THE SAME.

I am not saying it's not, but if this has been an issue since 15, either every program you have tried is complete shit, or you have fallen off the wagon aka something else is up.

~SC~
    nicley said , my friend!!!

tdf
    tdf is offline Junior Member
    Who is sc?
    Last edited by tdf; 12-08-2005 at 11:14 AM.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    The way to lose weight is to have a consistent daily calorie deficit. There's two ways to get this - eat fewer calories than your BMR (basal metabolic rate) or burn more calories than your BMR while keeping your calorie intake steady. Ideally you should do both. Aim for about 200-300 calories below your BMR - much more and you risk putting your body into starvation mode (where it lowers its BMR to compensate). Definitely add weight training to your routine. This will increase your muscle mass which will ultimately raise your BMR. Don't worry about bulking up - your body just doesn't have enough testosterone to support that kind of mass. You will however get a better figure and will be burning more calories even when you're just sitting around.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    This is uncalled for........ take 3 days off......... You were warned yesterday about this type of stuff.
    Last edited by abstrack; 12-07-2005 at 08:03 PM.

Thread Information