Thread: Liver damage??

Metalshredder_25 is offline New Member

Liver damage??

Can I still take creatine in a cycle? one of the steroids I'm taking is Dbol wich I already know is liver toxic and I've heard creatine can be hard on the liver as well, So I was wondering if i should continue with the creatine or just use it between cycles?

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Creatine does not cause liver or kidney damage. The liver toxicity of 17AA orals is also over blown. Use the creatine.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalshredder_25
    Can I still take creatine in a cycle? one of the steroids I'm taking is Dbol wich I already know is liver toxic and I've heard creatine can be hard on the liver as well, So I was wondering if i should continue with the creatine or just use it between cycles?
    Creatine is not hard on the liver, however it can be hard on the kidneys and the stomach. However, this is only a real factor with long-term or extended creatine use, don't use creatine for over 45 days because at this point it becomes less effective and you need to give your body time to recover.

Being hard on the kidneys and stomach does not necessarily mean that it will cause any permanent damage - it just means that it might give you a stomach ache or might accelerate the formation of already developing kidney stones. But usually the later is also due to other factors such a dehydration or a predisposition to kidney complications.
    Last edited by cmax; 12-07-2005 at 03:35 PM.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    Creatine is not hard on the liver, however it can be hard on the kidneys and the stomach. However, this is only a real factor with long-term or extended creatine use, don't use creatine for over 45 days because at this point it becomes less effective and you need to give your body time to recover.

Being hard on the kidneys and stomach does not necessarily mean that it will cause any permanent damage - it just means that it might give you a stomach ache or might accelerate the formation of already developing kidney stones. But usually the later is also due to other factors such a dehydration or a predisposition to kidney complications.
    There is a study which individuals were on creatine with doses from 5-20 grams per day for 5 years straight. No problems.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    There's no problem using creatine while on cycle..... I just choose to not run it until pct time, then run it for my entire time off..... I think you reap more of the benefits while off cycle.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Creatine does not cause liver or kidney damage. The liver toxicity of 17AA orals is also over blown. Use the creatine.
    True. One must understand tho, that creatine supplementation can give errors on kidney function (the urine test mainly, blood test should be fine). This is because you will have higher amounts of creatinine (a metabolite of creatine) which can indicate a problem with the kidneys. It really isn't causing any problems, just a "false positive" if you will.

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    Just make sure u drink plenty of water so that u keep ur kidneys <<clean>>

jkdpress10 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Thats Absolutely True And Factual Info. Just Keep In Mind That If You Feed Creatine To An All Ready Creatinine Forming Organ They Will Have To Work 2wice As Hard To Excrete And Metabolize. Creatine Is Great Just Use In Mod.

Cranberry Juice.

Italion Stallion07 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g

i agree

jonnykruger007 is offline New Member
    i dont personally belive that creatine does that much but if it works for you more power to you

Thread Information