Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries

ADEX and depression

Hey I went to my doc today to get a refill of test for my HRT and he told me adex can cause depression kinda like clomid does. I was using .25 mg ed and started feeling kinda blue like I do while using clomid during pct. Has anyone else had depression while using adex?? Is this common or no?? Oh yea using the adex while on cycle getting this depression...
    Last edited by Merc..; 12-07-2005 at 11:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    BUMP anyone?????

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedesdd
    Hey I went to my doc today to get a refill of test for my HRT and he told me adex can cause depression kinda like clomid does. I was using .25 mg ed and started feeling kinda blue like I do while using clomid during pct. Has anyone else had depression while using adex?? Is this common or no??
    I have noticed this as well, but it seems relatively mild (depression) and seems to vary from day-to-day.

However, I am not sure if it is all in my head...

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    this is the first i've heard of this but it is possible i suppose. perhaps its difficult to detect due to the extreme "high" when cycling and then during PCT it is expected anyway from clomid and fluctuating HPTA levels.

Blog Entries
    I just called my good friend that works down the street as the pharmasist .( Open 24hrs of course) He just faxed me the drug info on adex and one of the sides is depression. What do you guys advise I should try instead of the adex? I used nolva last cycle and my estrogen was still very high 280ng should have been 130ng or less. So the doc said I need an AI like adex instead of a estrogen blocker like nolva since it was so high. What do you advise to use if the adex is giving my depression and nolva did not work for me to well?? Any suggestions??

Blog Entries
    How about Letro? i've not used it myself but i plan to in my upcoming cycle. Letro, apparantly is a very strong product but it can cause impotency if you don't run test with it (this is what i've read anyway).

Blog Entries
    I heard about some OTC stuff . Heard 60X0 was an AI and works like adex on estrogen is this true or BS?? What do you advise I should use??

chest6 is offline Banned
    I thought letro caused impotency only because it practically erased estrogen levels. If you used a natural testosterone stimulant in there, you think that would help alleviate the problem a little? Not sure if it would be strong enough, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    How about Letro? i've not used it myself but i plan to in my upcoming cycle. Letro, apparantly is a very strong product but it can cause impotency if you don't run test with it (this is what i've read anyway).
    Thanks for the advise.. I was thinking letro also but was not sure if it also causes depression. Is there anything OTC that would work ???

Blog Entries
    nothing that i would trust for myself. i don't know if Letro will cause depression but it is supposed to work very well in inhibiting aromatase.

What do you advise to use if the adex is giving my depression and nolva did not work for me to well?? Any suggestions??

Definitely try aromasin . I am not a big fan of Letro.

Thanks for the advise.. I was thinking letro also but was not sure if it also causes depression. Is there anything OTC that would work ???
    If you want to go the over-the-counter route either 6-oxo or Rebound XT seems to work the best.

Also Vitex is a herb that you can take with your multivitamins long-term (everyday indefinitely) to lower your estrogen levels. However, vitex will not work in the short term and it takes a long time for its effectiveness to be seen. Vitex is also much weaker than most of the prescription grade AIs out there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    If you want to go the over-the-counter route either 6-oxo or Rebound XT seems to work the best.

Also Vitex is a herb that you can take with your multivitamins long-term (everyday indefinitely) to lower your estrogen levels. However, vitex will not work in the short term and it takes a long time for its effectiveness to be seen. Vitex is also much weaker than most of the prescription grade AIs out there.
    Thanks for the info .. So 60X0 really works??

Thanks for the info .. So 60X0 really works??
    Yes, but only to a limited degree.

Don't expect anything amazing or use this when taking gear. If you are taking gear then use something prescription grade such as letro, arimidex , aromasin .

Only use 6-oxo if you are not on a cycle and just want to lower your natural estrogen level.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but only to a limited degree.

Don't expect anything amazing or use this when taking gear. If you are taking gear then use something prescription grade such as letro, arimidex , aromasin .

Only use 6-oxo if you are not on a cycle and just want to lower your natural estrogen level.
    Thanks again, I called my pharmasist friend back and he said they do not carry aromasin so has no info on it. I have to call my pharmacy that acually compounds my test and winny to see if they make aromasin. Do you know if depression is a side of aromasin? I am on a 13 weeker using test cyp and enan blend 500mg/wk so 60X0 will not work..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Anything that greatly reduces estrogen levels will have similar side effects.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone have any advise if I try the nolva again what dose should I try that will work ?? Do you think nolva will do the trick do keep my estrogen low while on this test cycle or do you think I truly do need an AI??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Anything that greatly reduces estrogen levels will have similar side effects.
    Thanks for the input chest.. So the low estrogen itself ( not the adex) is probally what is causing the depression??

Thanks for the input chest.. So the low estrogen itself ( not the adex) is probally what is causing the depression??
    You could always stack you adex with some wellbutrin.

Blog Entries
    You could always stack you adex with some wellbutrin.
    I can not take any anti depressents they mess with me real bad!! Think I should try nolva again? Will it be strong enough to keep my estrogen in check for this cycle? Or do you advise an AI?? Thanks

chest6 is offline Banned
    Nolva will not eliminate estrogen from your body. It will do nothing to your high levels. Yes, you need an AI. Arimidex , Letro, Aromatisin or a supp like Rebount XT like mentioned earlier would be good, however I assume it is much weaker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Nolva will not eliminate estrogen from your body. It will do nothing to your high levels. Yes, you need an AI. Arimidex, Letro, Aromatisin or a supp like Rebount XT like mentioned earlier would be good, however I assume it is much weaker.
    Thanks man!!!

Perhaps you should try taking a lower dose of arimidex maybe .25 mg EOD instead of .25 mg ED. Or even .1 mg ED.

I agree with Chest, you were probably getting depressed because you were removing too much estrogen from your body. You want to reduce it, but not lower it too much. So try a lower dose.

If that does not make you less depressed, go out and buy a bottle of Rebound XT or 6-oxo and use those instead of something prescription grade.

However, keep taking the nolva.

Is the depression really that bad? Like I said before, I think that depression is all a state of mind and can be greatly controlled by the person.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you should try taking a lower dose of arimidex maybe .25 mg EOD instead of .25 mg ED. Or even .1 mg ED.

I agree with Chest, you were probably getting depressed because you were removing too much estrogen from your body. You want to reduce it, but not lower it too much. So try a lower dose.

If that does not make you less depressed, go out and buy a bottle of Rebound XT or 6-oxo and use those instead of something prescription grade.

However, keep taking the nolva.

Is the depression really that bad? Like I said before, I think that depression is all a state of mind and can be greatly controlled by the person.

Thanks for the advise !! I agree With you !!!

Thread Information