Thread: went to the doc

IRNMAD is offline Associate Member

went to the doc

Shot on Monday morning with some new gear. Got an infection in my delt. It started to get red below the shot area and began getting bigger and hurt like f***. Had to get a shot in the a** and they put me on kelfex. I hope it is not my gear and only my stupid ass. I drew from the vival and used the same needle to shot. I want to shoot again in the other delt and do the right thing. Just hoping it is not the gear.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you wipe off the top of the vial before drawing? did you wash your hands and wipe down your skin good before injecting? Did you lay the needle down at anytime during the process?

There is a chance that you contamiated the needle but I would say maybe more of a chance you have dirty gear.

Let us know if you decide to do it again and what happens

Oldman

IRNMAD is offline Associate Member
    I wiped the top, took a shower, and shoot. I just don't want my other arm to get infected. Then, I would have to go back to the doc again.

Born Threat is offline Associate Member
    Did you swab the area with rubbing alcohol?

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Threat
    Did you swab the area with rubbing alcohol?
    Good question... showering is great but soap does not kill the bacteria that may have been on your arm.. in fact being showers are always wet you could have wiped off with a towel that had mold on it or something and caused the issue.

Oldman

assiason is offline New Member
    I also ave an infection in my glute. Doc prescribed same thing Keflex 500mg just started taking last night i will let you know how this works out for me.

Thread Information