bigdreamz is offline Junior Member

Blood Test Results - Worry don't worry???

Just finished Week 9 of 1-12 test cyp. 600mg 1-10 deca 400mg. and decided to do some blood work with Direct Labs which I must say was awesome. great service and fast. Did blood work on Tues got results E-mailed to me on Thursday I will deffinetly use them again.
    Anyway I did the complete wellness profile and test total and free and everything was fine and in normal ranges except Cholesterol which has always been really low for me. But this time it is freeky low.

Total Cholesterol normal range 100-199 mine = 86
    LDL was fine - Normal 0-99 mine = 44
    HDL was way low which is usually is but dropped even more
    Normal 40-59 mine = 28
    Should I be conserned about this any idea on what this means?

Also T3 uptake normal 24-39 mine was high at 41 is this good or bad? it has never been out of normal range before.

Also did a Testosterone test
    Testosterone Normal 241-827 mine = 3939Free Testosterone Normal 8.7-25.1 mine = 52.0

Any help with understanding this would be appreciated. Thanks

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    ur HDL is bad but cycles cause that... I would stay off for some time after the cycle cause low HDL is an independent risk factor for coronary heart disease. U might be ok since ur total chol is so low but since no one knows how bad is a situation like urs in a long run I would play it safe and be off for some time... Ur free test is only twice the normal so SHBG is taking most of ur test but its normal also at this point I think... AAS also affect thyroid function so nothing in ur bloodwork that wasnt expected..

to make my point more clear.. nothing to worry about (even the HDL).. IMO u are safe with PCT and corrrect time off.... If ur levels were like this for a long time then u could be riskin CHD.
    Last edited by stupidhippo; 08-18-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks hippo for the help. HDL has always been low and total has always been low too before cycle hdl was 34
    the T3 being a little high what does this mean to me?

what exactly is t3 uptake... i know of T3 levels but uptake.. i can check ifu want, but nothing to worry about...

AleX-69 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdreamz
    Total Cholesterol normal range 100-199 mine = 86
    LDL was fine - Normal 0-99 mine = 44
    HDL was way low which is usually is but dropped even more
    Normal 40-59 mine = 28
    Should I be conserned about this any idea on what this means?
    LDL to HDL ratio is ok..but total cholesterol is freakin' low... did you take any cholesterol lowering drugs? or are you on a super restricted low fat diet? I would get that sorted out imediatly. Low total cholesterol under 100 can be very dangerous. The risk for cancer and suicide rises darmaticaly then.. Low total cholesterol is as dangerous as to high (over 240) cholsterol. DId you get your total triglycerides?

Also T3 uptake normal 24-39 mine was high at 41 is this good or bad? it has never been out of normal range before.
    Didn't you get whole thyorid panel (ft3,ft4,T-3Uptake,TSH)? Hard to comment just on one value.

Also did a Testosterone test
    Testosterone Normal 241-827 mine = 3939Free Testosterone Normal 8.7-25.1 mine = 52.0
    Well you are on test cyp.. no suprise here..

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    what exactly is t3 uptake... i know of T3 levels but uptake.. i can check ifu want, but nothing to worry about...
    Nah don't worry bout it dude. I don't know exactly what uptake means I assume it is the t3 level just marked t3 uptake on the report. Thanks again for the help.

Just read something about HDL and total Chol. levels and it said that to divide the total by the hdl and if ti is less than 3.5 you were ok. so who knows like you said everything may be ok since my total is so low 86 divided by 28 is 3.07 so who knows. It also said that you were at risk if you have normal or little higher then normal total but low HDL and since I am low on both I think I am ok but also like you said it something to watch. I will have blood tested again after pct so about 6 more weeks. Thanks again man

Quote Originally Posted by AleX-69
    LDL to HDL ratio is ok..but total cholesterol is freakin' low... did you take any cholesterol lowering drugs? or are you on a super restricted low fat diet? I would get that sorted out imediatly. Low total cholesterol under 100 can be very dangerous. The risk for cancer and suicide rises darmaticaly then.. Low total cholesterol is as dangerous as to high (over 240) cholsterol. DId you get your total triglycerides?

Didn't you get whole thyorid panel (ft3,ft4,T-3Uptake,TSH)? Hard to comment just on one value
    Chol has always been low. Never taken any kinda chol. drugs. I eat no fake food no fast food nothing but basically grilled Chicken, steak, pork. Tuna fish egg whites, little brown rice, little sweet potato. and protein shakes. oh and a few veggies. I eat no hamburgers, chips, desserts, or anything like it. I have been eating this way for quite a long time and drive people nuts. Even on my birthday or my kids birthdays I may have one small half of a bite of cake and that is it. I haven't had ice cream or pizza in at least 3 years. God maybe this is why people commit sucide???? So I just always assumed that my Low Chol. levels was due to the fact that I basically eat no fat other than what is in the food itself.

Triglycerides normal 0-149 mine = 70
    Thyroid
    TSH normal .350-5.5 mine = 3.703
    thyroxine (t4) normal 4.5-12.0 mine = 4.6
    t3 normal 24-39 mine = 41
    free thyroxine index 1.2-4.9 mine = 1.9

hope this helps I didn't put everything the first time cause eveything else fell into normal range

I took a picture of an interesting chart comparing total serum cholesterol levels to total deaths for you.. I'd watch your cholesterol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blood Test Results - Worry don't worry???-cholesterol.jpg  

Chol has always been low. Never taken any kinda chol. drugs. I eat no fake food no fast food nothing but basically grilled Chicken, steak, pork. Tuna fish egg whites, little brown rice, little sweet potato. and protein shakes. oh and a few veggies. I eat no hamburgers, chips, desserts, or anything like it. I have been eating this way for quite a long time and drive people nuts. Even on my birthday or my kids birthdays I may have one small half of a bite of cake and that is it. I haven't had ice cream or pizza in at least 3 years. God maybe this is why people commit sucide???? So I just always assumed that my Low Chol. levels was due to the fact that I basically eat no fat other than what is in the food itself.
    Eating no processed foods is good as you don#t want all those trans-fatty acids. But maybe you should eat more fatty foods like fatty cold water fish, steak, butter, eggs..

Triglycerides normal 0-149 mine = 70
    Thyroid
    TSH normal .350-5.5 mine = 3.703
    thyroxine (t4) normal 4.5-12.0 mine = 4.6
    t3 normal 24-39 mine = 41
    free thyroxine index 1.2-4.9 mine = 1.9
    Triglycerides is good.

TSH is ok.
    i don't know why t4 is low AND t3 is high.. dosen't match in my books. If someone could jump in and help me out here
    FTI is very low.
    It is possible that you have a slight case of hypothyroidism. But nothing to worry about IMO.

you'd be surprised if you knew that with lower cholesterol levels (under 100) also homicide related deaths seem to accumulate...

alex... im not sure what u said about low cholesterol is right. Sure low cholesterol would show up high in these stats but thats because its associated with many wasting and cancerous conditions... and the elderly!! I dont think low chol with normal ppl is bad.. actually the so called wild ppl (cant think of the right word), who live in the jungles and not modern life have extermely low chol compared to us. It is speculated the wha is optimal for humans is far less than what u are saying..

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    alex... im not sure what u said about low cholesterol is right. Sure low cholesterol would show up high in these stats but thats because its associated with many wasting and cancerous conditions... and the elderly!! I dont think low chol with normal ppl is bad.. actually the so called wild ppl (cant think of the right word), who live in the jungles and not modern life have extermely low chol compared to us. It is speculated the wha is optimal for humans is far less than what u are saying..

To be honest i don't really understand the first part of your post. Are you saying that low cholesterol is asscoiated with cancer etc..? Thats is right. And with the elderly?.. That is not true. Most older people have higher cholesterol readings. But that is most likely due to developed insulin resistance, therefore higher insulin release and therefore an increased activity of the insulin producing enzyme within the liver..
    Last edited by AleX-69; 08-19-2006 at 12:40 AM.

the elderly start to get low cholesterol when they start nearing the finish line so to speak.... and many wasting conditions are associated with low cholesterol and these make u have to be very critical with looking at charts / stats. By wild ppl I meant humans that live in pretty much our natural habitat and they have been reported on having cholesterol levels that are very low and its being speculated that it would be our "designed" state anyway.

ill try to be more clear. low chol is not the cause but a symptom of many conditions that cause death / depression etc... such as cancer etc..

davidboy is offline Associate Member
    what about your liver volume bro?..I am just curious.

axiomatic6 is offline Associate Member
    high AST is from working out really hard right, this is what i have been told, my AST was really high. as well my triglycerides were high, and the HDl and all that shit was out of range as expected. my T3 has been high and my T4 low before, but i have taken T3 25ug for 5 years, but i never had a thyroid problem. then recently my T4 started droping, now i stopped taking the cytomel , i am hoping my thyroid will start again on its own. the fact that i was on T3, and yet my T4 was normal means my thyroid was still wokring right?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    just makin sure...you were on a complete fast when you gave the blood?

i had coffee with equal one time b4 doin bloodwork and my usually good HDL plummeted to around 30 like yours

took it again a few weeks later no coffe this time...duh...was back to norm..

StringfellowHawke is offline Junior Member
    Just finished Week 9 of 1-12 test cyp. 600mg 1-10 deca 400mg. and decided to do some blood work with Direct Labs which I must say was awesome. great service and fast. Did blood work on Tues got results E-mailed to me on Thursday I will deffinetly use them again.
    Where is Direct Labs? Are they someone that is local to you where you go in and they take the blood sample from you? How exactly did they get your blood sample? Thanks

hunterer gatherer societies had a total blood cholesterol of approx 125.

http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/cont...aha;99/1/164/b

About the effects of low-cholesterol read up on this:

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cho...ol_myth_4.html

Well in some cases it is unclear if low cholesterol OR the disease was first. I'll admit that.

the first link agrees with what I said (mostly) and the second one is a link I dont find trustworthy.... there are also ppl who claim on similar pages (second-opinions) that high cholesterol isnt bad either. Ive seen reports of the hunter-ppl cholesterols being even lower than 124 on average... while absolute truths are hard to find and I also admit that there is a lot of room for debate, my opinion is still that total chol of about 90 aint nothing to worry about in a normal healthy man.

quote from the first link:

In view of the frequently reported association between low serum cholesterol and cancer, some physicians might be reluctant to recommend a substantial reduction in dietary fat. Their worries, however, are clearly unjustified, because no enhanced cancer mortality is seen in populations with low cholesterol levels.2 3 4 5 It is evident, therefore, that catabolic diseases cause low cholesterol levels instead of the reverse. On the other hand, it is conceptually untenable that humans can be killed by the same low-fat nutritional environment that both molded their lipid metabolism and kept their cholesterol levels physiologically low for millions of years.2 3 4 5

Thread Information