lwgy is offline Junior Member

my source asked me for my references!

i asked a source for his references and then he asked for my references. this took me by surprise. is this normal?

Yeah. He wants to make sure you aint a cop or a narc.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    and make sure youv done business in the past

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    no, it is not normal, but at the same time conditions change, and so do we

where did you get the referal to him from???

and if it's a web site..... then you have your answer
    Last edited by spywizard; 12-06-2005 at 07:41 PM.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yep this is normal........ The source needs to protect themselves just as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    no, it is not normal, but at the same time...

where did you get the referal to him from???

and if it's a web site..... then you have your answer
    of course its normal bro! what do you think, he's gonna sell too anyone who contacts him. talk about a fast track to the PENN! fvkc that

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    of course its normal bro! what do you think, he's gonna sell too anyone who contacts him. talk about a fast track to the PENN! fvkc that

no... actually i have never been asked for references... but then again.. i am always refered..

thus my question.... who refered him to the source...

Look, if you can't get an introduction to a source... you haven't been in the game long enough..

later

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    New guys get asked by the source but if you have been around for a while like Spy then in most cases you will not be asked.......... but for new guys to the game yes it's normal.

no... actually i have never been asked for references... but then again.. i am always refered..

thus my question.... who refered him to the source...

Look, if you can't get an introduction to a source... you haven't been in the game long enough..

later
    ya, that's a good point. i was talking about open sources. but this is also very correct. thanks spy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    New guys get asked by the source but if you have been around for a while like Spy then in most cases you will not be asked.......... but for new guys to the game yes it's normal.
    well there ya go.. didn't know sources were asking for references. yes times change..

Rules

lwgy is offline Junior Member

later

3 years with only 75 posts and no quality introductions. im not complaining though. im old enough to get a prescription for most of my needs. i was just curious about a couple of ancillaries.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    totally normal...ask him for a few if he isnt a known source...make sure ur not gettn scammed

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    tell em bigpup sent ya haha..he'll do one of two things..

1.laugh in your face
    2.wont even reply

I dont blame him, there have probably been more big shots busted this year than ever.

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah it seems more and more sources are having bros provide 2 refs when asking for a list...

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Refereces would be a great idea for the source but to get being a new to the game is as hard. Maybe you should give them your bosses number and a relatives.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Yep this is normal........ The source needs to protect themselves just as you do.
    plain and simple.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    its mainly open board sources who ask for refs, which they should. But yeah ive even seen some brand new labs that are asking for refs, I should be asking them for refs for fvck sake and dont they need the freaking business. But ive never just emailed a known source and said "hey whats up i need gear" i've always been refered by someone.
    Last edited by 305GUY; 12-08-2005 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Cause i type like a 2 year old :D

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    usually they asks for references when payment is cash in mail. most cases when its WU payment they could care less cause its pretty much anonymous.

tmax is offline Junior Member
    It's a good idea. Almost afraid to trust anyone anymore. Too many people lookin to screw ya or make a name for themselves

Smiley619 is offline Member
    damn getting a source is like trying to get a job huh?ref's...next it will be your emergency contact info

thetruth-76 is offline Associate Member
    I have never been asked for references except once and I didn't do business with him cause he was a Di*k. Anyhow, If you are in the game long enough and people get to know you, you won't need refs. Some do say they require 2 refs, but like I said, if you are known you don't need em. At least I don't.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    i know there are a lot of boards for roids. and most ppl post on several different boards but, how do you get "known" on the net?just from posting or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619
    i know there are a lot of boards for roids. and most ppl post on several different boards but, how do you get "known" on the net?just from posting or what?
    this goes for mods and vets usuallly. if i were a source, i wouldn't sell too me simply because i have `1600posts. some people are greedy though and only think about the $, they don't give a shit.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    this goes for mods and vets usuallly. if i were a source, i wouldn't sell too me simply because i have `1600posts. some people are greedy though and only think about the $, they don't give a shit.
    I don't think its a matter of post because you can whore it up all day and everyday, and get 5 or 6gs and not talk about anything but what is in the Lounge, i think it should be on there rep, but then again, your right. They are "All about the Benjamins".

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619

you get known by interacting with people on different boards.. its a real false sense of security because if the FBI wanted to they would have a guy on every board posting 10-15 times a day and wait 1 yr to start their sting operation. Everyone jumps on top of anyone asking for a source with under 10 posts and says they are a cop. remember guys we are not de****g with the stupid backwoods alabama cop.. this is federal. they bring down mafia they can bring down every source over time.

Thread Information