Kravman is offline Junior Member

Massage Therapist

Does anyone get massages reguarly? Do you think it helps?

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    helps with what?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    I have been wondering about this also... I saw on some program on discovery about a female bodybuilder who endures painfull massages to break down her muscle tissue... anyone heard of this or better yet have tried it?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont know if it helped, but i just got one, it was the first one i ever got, and my muslces felt like jello after. before i went in most muslces specially my back and legs were tight as hell, when i left i felt like all my muscles were loose and rejuvinated, like i was having better blood flow, hard to explain...

Kravman is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, I forgot. Muscle recovery

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    my girl is a massage therapist i gotta tell u its great those deep tissue massages are great i think it help leaves me feeling so relaxed its increadible

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    if you've seen Ronnie's "the cost of redemption", he gets deep-tissue massages regularly. i've had my girlfriend mimic the type of massage he gets and it feels really good. i imagine it just helps relax the muscle and increase bloodflow to the massaged areas.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    I have been wondering about this also... I saw on some program on discovery about a female bodybuilder who endures painfull massages to break down her muscle tissue... anyone heard of this or better yet have tried it?
    Yup, its call Rolfing. Very deep, painful, thereputic massage. One of the best few hundred bucks i ever spent and would love to do it again. it "untangles" all of your muscle fibers deep in the tissue and you feel much more flexible afterward. its usuall around $100 a session. i'd recommend it. I've been going to theray for my arm. the therepist is also a chiropractor so he massages and cracks my neck too, which is nice.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I get those "abdominal" massages from a place here.. definitely helps me when i am a little backed up..

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think rolfing is it... check this out----http://www.bnt.com/~rolfer/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    I don't think rolfing is it... check this out----http://www.bnt.com/~rolfer/
    Ya, that's it bro. Check out the "10 sessions" button. That's what i did, except i never made the whole ten. I called it deep painful massage (and believe me it is), but they definetely explain it better on that site.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    My girlfriend is a massage therapist and an acupuncturist.

Deep Tissue and Rolfing definitely helps relax the muscles and speeds up the recovery time. Shiatsu is another good technique, but it is less painful and just relaxing. There are also acupuncture and acupressure techniques that help as well.

If I ever pull a muscle she can always induce more pain on the area, by either pressing really hard or using tecniques of acupressure to enduce pain which later causes the muscle to relax and removes the pain.

There are also techniques to make more blood flow to certain areas.

I have taken supplements and gear that have kept me up at night and she has given me massages which cause me to relax and allow me to get to sleep.

There are many applications of alternative medicine that can be carried over to bodybuilding.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravman
    Does anyone get massages reguarly? Do you think it helps?
    Yes and chiropractic definitely helps as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    My girlfriend is a massage therapist and an acupuncturist.

Deep Tissue and Rolfing definitely helps relax the muscles and speeds up the recovery time. Shiatsu is another good technique, but it is less painful and just relaxing. There are also acupuncture and acupressure techniques that help as well.

If I ever pull a muscle she can always induce more pain on the area, by either pressing really hard or using tecniques of acupressure to enduce pain which later causes the muscle to relax and removes the pain.

There are also techniques to make more blood flow to certain areas.

I have taken supplements and gear that have kept me up at night and she has given me massages which cause me to relax and allow me to get to sleep.

There are many applications of alternative medicine that can be carried over to bodybuilding.
    Lucky bastard.

Thread Information