Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Kravman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    84

    Massage Therapist

    Does anyone get massages reguarly? Do you think it helps?

  2. #2
    farrebarre's Avatar
    farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,407
    helps with what?

  3. #3
    topvega's Avatar
    topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back from the dead.....
    Posts
    3,254
    I have been wondering about this also... I saw on some program on discovery about a female bodybuilder who endures painfull massages to break down her muscle tissue... anyone heard of this or better yet have tried it?

  4. #4
    lucabratzi's Avatar
    lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ny/florida
    Posts
    4,111
    i dont know if it helped, but i just got one, it was the first one i ever got, and my muslces felt like jello after. before i went in most muslces specially my back and legs were tight as hell, when i left i felt like all my muscles were loose and rejuvinated, like i was having better blood flow, hard to explain...

  5. #5
    Kravman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    84
    Sorry, I forgot. Muscle recovery

  6. #6
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    my girl is a massage therapist i gotta tell u its great those deep tissue massages are great i think it help leaves me feeling so relaxed its increadible

  7. #7
    PaulieM.'s Avatar
    PaulieM. is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    457
    if you've seen Ronnie's "the cost of redemption", he gets deep-tissue massages regularly. i've had my girlfriend mimic the type of massage he gets and it feels really good. i imagine it just helps relax the muscle and increase bloodflow to the massaged areas.

  8. #8
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,460
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    I have been wondering about this also... I saw on some program on discovery about a female bodybuilder who endures painfull massages to break down her muscle tissue... anyone heard of this or better yet have tried it?
    Yup, its call Rolfing. Very deep, painful, thereputic massage. One of the best few hundred bucks i ever spent and would love to do it again. it "untangles" all of your muscle fibers deep in the tissue and you feel much more flexible afterward. its usuall around $100 a session. i'd recommend it. I've been going to theray for my arm. the therepist is also a chiropractor so he massages and cracks my neck too, which is nice.

  9. #9
    Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Compton
    Posts
    2,328
    I get those "abdominal" massages from a place here.. definitely helps me when i am a little backed up..

  10. #10
    topvega's Avatar
    topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back from the dead.....
    Posts
    3,254
    I don't think rolfing is it... check this out----http://www.bnt.com/~rolfer/

  11. #11
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,460
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    I don't think rolfing is it... check this out----http://www.bnt.com/~rolfer/
    Ya, that's it bro. Check out the "10 sessions" button. That's what i did, except i never made the whole ten. I called it deep painful massage (and believe me it is), but they definetely explain it better on that site.

  12. #12
    cmax's Avatar
    cmax is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    481
    My girlfriend is a massage therapist and an acupuncturist.

    Deep Tissue and Rolfing definitely helps relax the muscles and speeds up the recovery time. Shiatsu is another good technique, but it is less painful and just relaxing. There are also acupuncture and acupressure techniques that help as well.

    If I ever pull a muscle she can always induce more pain on the area, by either pressing really hard or using tecniques of acupressure to enduce pain which later causes the muscle to relax and removes the pain.

    There are also techniques to make more blood flow to certain areas.

    I have taken supplements and gear that have kept me up at night and she has given me massages which cause me to relax and allow me to get to sleep.

    There are many applications of alternative medicine that can be carried over to bodybuilding.

  13. #13
    cmax's Avatar
    cmax is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravman
    Does anyone get massages reguarly? Do you think it helps?
    Yes and chiropractic definitely helps as well.

  14. #14
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,460
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cmax
    My girlfriend is a massage therapist and an acupuncturist.

    Deep Tissue and Rolfing definitely helps relax the muscles and speeds up the recovery time. Shiatsu is another good technique, but it is less painful and just relaxing. There are also acupuncture and acupressure techniques that help as well.

    If I ever pull a muscle she can always induce more pain on the area, by either pressing really hard or using tecniques of acupressure to enduce pain which later causes the muscle to relax and removes the pain.

    There are also techniques to make more blood flow to certain areas.

    I have taken supplements and gear that have kept me up at night and she has given me massages which cause me to relax and allow me to get to sleep.

    There are many applications of alternative medicine that can be carried over to bodybuilding.
    Lucky bastard.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •