seattleseahalkjunkie is offline Junior Member

Orthopaedic surgery during cycle

I don't think it will be a big deal but I thought I would ask just in case. I tore my medial meniscus. I have Surgery on Thursday. I am taking 300mg of Test. Cyp. twice a week. I did not tell the Doctor. Does it matter? Not a serious surgery, the recovery should be quick. I play in a spring league simi-pro league so I am training for that. I should not be slowed up to much. I just want to make sure everything goes ok during Surgery. Thanks for any advise.

Bump

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    AAS reduce the bloods ability to clot but it shouldn't be a huge deal though.

The blood clotting point is a good one. What kind of surgery is it? Arthroscopic only? Was it a 1st, 2nd or 3rd degree tear? The reason I ask becuase if it's arthro no biggie, but if you have a more severe tear (sounds like you don't but then again you may be optimistic) and they put you under general anesthesia, then I would tell the doc. My .02 cents.

I do not know the degree of the tear. I guess they call it a "bucket handle tear" I do not really know what that means. I can be put under for the surgery, or they will just numb my lower body so I can stay awake. I think I am going to go with the numbing. And it is arthroscopic only for sure. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by seattleseahalkjunkie
    I do not know the degree of the tear. I guess they call it a "bucket handle tear" I do not really know what that means. I can be put under for the surgery, or they will just numb my lower body so I can stay awake. I think I am going to go with the numbing. And it is arthroscopic only for sure. Thanks for the feedback.
    "Bucket Handle" refers to the structural similarities between the medial and lateral meniscus (two cartilidge rings between femur and tibia) and the handle on an old bucket. The rings on the bucket handle are used as an analogy to the meniscus. If you have arthro, sounds like 1st degree tear or minor 2nd degree (worse) at best. Good luck.

bedrock is offline Junior Member
    Okay Bro here is some info. not saying this will happen to you. I had shoulder surgery while on cycle. The problem I had was coming out of anesthesia. The doc said I freaked out, it took 4 of them to hold me down.
    Get this in the recovery room the doc tells me about it and mentions that I may have torn the repair he JUST made. Of course I did not remember it.
    The doctor said it sometimes happens, but usually to YOUNGER male patients. But I'm 47. Get it ?.... younger, more testosterone , like me, on cycle. So thats why I figure I freaked, I was on cycle = more test.
    My point is you might want to tell them you have a tendency to get violent when you come out of anesthesia, that way they will wake you slower and take precautions against you hurting yourself. Man you should have seen the bruises on my arms where they were holding me.
    I had no other complications other than that though.

Thread Information