Bulkcut is offline Associate Member

Lowering DHT levels while using GEAR

I take 1mg of finastride everyday because of bad genetics because of hairloss, If i was to start taking Durastried which lowers the DHT levels even more because it works better then Finastride by blocking type 1 and type 2 5-AR enzyme which is responsible for converstion of DHT.
    If i lower my DHT levels even more would it hurt my gains? Any one experienced this if taking finastride or durastried?
    I just don't want it to hurt my gains, i know it lowers sex drive and make you feel lethargic but thats not a big deal to me.
    I am running Test-e 500mg for 12 weeks and maybe some test-p at the begining to kick start my growth
    thanks

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    i dont think finasteride or dutasteride will hurt your gains. i know for a fact it doesnt lower your sex drive: all it does is block test conversion to dht so actually you are increasing the amount of test in your system by not allowing it to convert.

thanks man... i just wasn't sure

i forgot to add that i enquired about propecia (finasteride) at my pharmacy and doctor said sides include increased sex drive due to increased testosterone just in case you were wondering what my basis statement was.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    i dont think finasteride or dutasteride will hurt your gains. i know for a fact it doesnt lower your sex drive: all it does is block test conversion to dht so actually you are increasing the amount of test in your system by not allowing it to convert.

Propecia seems to work well for a lot of people.. It contains 1mg of Finisteride as its main culprit to fight hair loss.

There is in fact less then a 10% chance of a lowered libido. That was a stat that I got from my dermatologist. I know quite a few people that currently use propecia and only 1 has had effects of a lower sex drive. It isnt common but definitely not a myth.

Propecia and Proscar is basically same thing expect proscar is 5mg and propecia is 1mg... propecia is specifically used for hairloss and proscar for BPH. Hairloss is cosmetic so lotta insurance companies don't cover it so you should just get precription for Proscar and get a pill cutter and cut the pill

prescriptions for proscar or propecia is actually not as cheap as you might think. our lovely sponsor sells it dirt cheap however.

yea its really expensive, i got mine over seas where you don't need a prescription (in turkey, i am in service) it wasn't that bad of price about 35 bucks 5mg 28pills and i only use 1mg a day. I bought like 2 years worth. Sponsor stoped selling Finastride because Durastride works better and durastride is pretty expensive but not that bad compared to price of finastride and giving better results

You should be fine with the finasteride you have.

Anything that blocks DHT can hinder your gains from an AAS that is DHT derived like Anadrol or Drostanolone.

You should be fine though because youre only taking test

yea only test no Anadrol or anything that is DHT derived

Thats fine then...you shouldnt see a reduction in strength either. Strictly for hairloss issues 1mg ED is fine, but 5mgED is used to promote prostrate health, but thats not your issue.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    just remember to include something like letro or ldex too, since taking dht inhibitors further increases your risk for gyno.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    just remember to include something like letro or ldex too, since taking dht inhibitors further increases your risk for gyno.
    Good point .

really now, **** i didnt know that.

cmax is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    EXACTLY! There is a large group of non-bodybuilders on hairsite.com that take Arimidex with their propecia, finasteride, or durastried to counteract any estrogen related side effects caused by these hair loss products.

Their forum on Arimidex/Liquidex can be found here: http://www.farrellmanual.com/drugs/arimidex.htm

wow thats good to know... yea i was planning on taking 1.25mg of letro ed with this cycle, thank you for helping

Joe Stick is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Khadafi
    Anything that blocks DHT can hinder your gains from an AAS that is DHT derived like Anadrol or Drostanolone.
    Wrong. Finasteride will not have a negative effect on DHT derivatives.

leansauce is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stick
    Wrong. Finasteride will not have a negative effect on DHT derivatives.
    this is true since winny, anadrol etc are dht derivatives and do not need to be converted through the 5 AR reducatase enzyme to turn into dht
    finast/dutast will have no effect on winny drostanolone anadrol or any other dht derivative it only effects those steroids such as test or deca that use the 5 AR reductase enzyme to convert to dht or dhn or whatever

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leansauce
    this is true since winny, anadrol etc are dht derivatives and do not need to be converted through the 5 AR reducatase enzyme to turn into dht
    finast/dutast will have no effect on winny drostanolone anadrol or any other dht derivative it only effects those steroids such as test or deca that use the 5 AR reductase enzyme to convert to dht or dhn or whatever
    Nizoral is the only hope with DHT derived, that and sumthin that starts with an S..someone help me out here

Joe Stick is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Nizoral is the only hope with DHT derived, that and sumthin that starts with an S..someone help me out here
    topical spiro

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stick
    topical spiro
    Topical spiro has systemic effects. I've tested this myself with blood tests before and after several days use. It dropped my testosterone levels into pre-pubescent range.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU
    Topical spiro has systemic effects. I've tested this myself with blood tests before and after several days use. It dropped my testosterone levels into pre-pubescent range.

That's dam good info for anyone who uses Spiro or was intending to.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU
    Does this mean ppl can you Spiro and then get a blood test for Oasis?

looks like i got lot more researching to do... don't know what spiro is but i will learn more before i take the plung

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Spiro = spironolactone. The one I used was Dr Lee's 2% topical spironolactone solution. Stay away from this shit!

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    Does this mean ppl can you Spiro and then get a blood test for Oasis?
    I like the way you think!

Thread Information