vein-x is offline Associate Member

Talking Whoooo!! On-cycle!

God this is amazing... Running PROP, ENAN & EQ for my first cycle, and I think I'm already hooked! PROP is the kickstart, and I shot my 4th shot tonight, btw everything's going smoothly with injections now. Anyway, I'm just f*ckin' jacked right now! I'm on 'The Dark Side' with the big boys, and this sh*t's amazing! I think I have the genetics for a possible pro, but we'll see how things go. I love the gym, training 'till I puke, eating( ) ... and I'm barely though week 1! Sh*t's really just looking up, and I have that 'well-being' feeling all the time now. Nothing puts me in a bad mood and I'm more confident, happy and aggressive (at least it feels like it...) all day and yesterday. Any ideas what more I'll be feeling soon, or when EQ hits? If this cycle could get any better, I'll be both mentally and physically addicted and in the gym all day.

Anyway, now that I've got my mood out there, I need a little advice for training. For the past 3 years, I'd train and then get sore/tired/fatigued during the workout or the next day (DOMS) On cycle, NOTHING can really hurt me, and I feel better and stronger and more enduring all the time. I'm not really sore from the workouts, my bench, curls and squat have all gone up and I feel that I'm cheating myself going only 4 days a week. Do you think it would be ok to go 5 or 6 days a week? I know rest is important, but I don't like eating 5-6k calories a day if I'm not in the gym that day, it's just hard on the mentality.

I LOVE the gym and love training till I can't go any more at all. Heavy for a couple sets to build muscle, then light for drop sets to get that pump... plus it just looks amazing in the mirrors and I like to pretend the pump is all that builds muscle.

Sorry for some incoherence... I'm just getting this out fast and hopefully readable. I'm REALLY loving this cycle, and wondering if the effects will stick around, decline, or possibly increase? Thanks for reading and posting any advice you've got.

vein-x

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Sounds like you're having the time of your life!!Good for you.

What's your question?

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by vein-x
    Anyway, now that I've got my mood out there, I need a little advice for training. For the past 3 years, I'd train and then get sore/tired/fatigued during the workout or the next day (DOMS) On cycle, NOTHING can really hurt me, and I feel better and stronger and more enduring all the time. I'm not really sore from the workouts, my bench, curls and squat have all gone up and I feel that I'm cheating myself going only 4 days a week. Do you think it would be ok to go 5 or 6 days a week? I know rest is important, but I don't like eating 5-6k calories a day if I'm not in the gym that day, it's just hard on the mentality.

I LOVE the gym and love training till I can't go any more at all. Heavy for a couple sets to build muscle, then light for drop sets to get that pump... plus it just looks amazing in the mirrors and I like to pretend the pump is all that builds muscle.
    Really just wondering if I can train more often, and the same parts twice a week. I HATE rest days and I LOVE the pain and DOMS.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I tried that and hurt my shoulder. Go slow let tendons and liagaments strengthen.

Really just wondering if I can train more often, and the same parts twice a week. I HATE rest days and I LOVE the pain and DOMS.
    No!!!!!...Do not let the anabolics fvk with your head!!You need to train smart,not more often.Just because you are on anabolics doesn't mean you can't over train.You should be training 4 days tops.Rest is far more important than being in the gym.This is a huge mistake young guys make.Stress the muscle group you are working that day(QUICKLY) and get out of the gym.Eat and rest=Growth.You shouldn't be in the gym more than 1 hr.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    No!!!!!...Do not let the anabolics fvk with your head!!You need to train smart,not more often.Just because you are on anabolics doesn't mean you can't over train.You should be training 4 days tops.Rest is far more important than being in the gym.This is a huge mistake young guys make.Stress the muscle group you are working that day(QUICKLY) and get out of the gym.Eat and rest=Growth.You shouldn't be in the gym more than 1 hr.

~Pinnacle~
    1 hour? And not even FIVE days a week? I can clearly see that the juice has gone to my head a little bit, but only half the week spent training, the other resting sounds a little weak. Are you suggesting I change something about the way I train maybe? As I said, I do a warm-up set, a couple heavy (for mass) and a couple moderate-to-light drop sets for the pump and pain. Any problems with that? Should I increase or decrease rest between sets?

As you can see, I'm new to AAS and think I could easily be in the gym 5-6 days. If I train REALLY hard and then take the rest of the day off (eg. lay around reading, taking supps and eating) wouldn't that be 'active-rest'? Thanks for the concern bro! It really helps to have a highly-reputable bro giving some advice.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    what's your training split look like

**** it, man. you're gassed like a pro, so train like one...six days a week. just change it into a three days split arnold style.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    God this is amazing... Running PROP, ENAN & EQ for my first cycle, and I think I'm already hooked! PROP is the kickstart, and I shot my 4th shot tonight, btw everything's going smoothly with injections now. Anyway, I'm just f*ckin' jacked right now! I'm on 'The Dark Side' with the big boys, and this sh*t's amazing! I think I have the genetics for a possible pro, but we'll see how things go. I love the gym, training 'till I puke, eating( ) ... and I'm barely though week 1! Sh*t's really just looking up, and I have that 'well-being' feeling all the time now. Nothing puts me in a bad mood and I'm more confident, happy and aggressive (at least it feels like it...) all day and yesterday. Any ideas what more I'll be feeling soon, or when EQ hits? If this cycle could get any better, I'll be both mentally and physically addicted and in the gym all day.

Sorry for some incoherence... I'm just getting this out fast and hopefully readable. I'm REALLY loving this cycle, and wondering if the effects will stick around, decline, or possibly increase? Thanks for reading and posting any advice you've got.

vein-x
    so you're feeling all this just days into your cycle??? bs...all in your head bro......

Spyder is offline Member
    It's placebo, but use it to your advantage. As for your workouts, keep it at 4days max like Pinnacle said. During my last cycle i trained too hard, and about week 5 my joints started to hurt real bad and i couldnt continue, had to take almost a week off, and continue with less intense workouts, but by then it was too late, some off the pain remained for the rest of my cycle so i couldnt really give it my all, still got great gains nonetheless. That goes to show diet is more important then your training.
    You need ot find a balance between training SMART and HARD.

Dexta is offline Associate Member
    Word of advice. My buddy was 3 weeks into his cycle and was jacked just like you. He worked out six days a week for roughly an hour. He jacked up his rotator cuff and fvcked up his whole cycle. Couldnt even lift back because of the burning in his shoulder. Moral really is tendons and all these tiny muscles need time to adjust to the heaver weight and sudden growth. Also this is your first cycle so just take it easy and you will learn the important steps for being satisfied with with your gains.(diet,doses,REST!) good luck man

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    placebo works great on a 1st cycle. dont u think u may be taking a bit much though considering this is only ur 1st cycle, might have been just as good if u just stuck to some test and not paid out so much money

1 hour? And not even FIVE days a week? I can clearly see that the juice has gone to my head a little bit, but only half the week spent training, the other resting sounds a little weak. Are you suggesting I change something about the way I train maybe? As I said, I do a warm-up set, a couple heavy (for mass) and a couple moderate-to-light drop sets for the pump and pain. Any problems with that? Should I increase or decrease rest between sets?

As you can see, I'm new to AAS and think I could easily be in the gym 5-6 days. If I train REALLY hard and then take the rest of the day off (eg. lay around reading, taking supps and eating) wouldn't that be 'active-rest'? Thanks for the concern bro! It really helps to have a highly-reputable bro giving some advice.
    Do as you please then.I see there is no way of convincing you that you are training like a total fool (anabolics make many ppl do this).You'll reflect back one day and see that I was right.

~Pinnacle~

Do as you please then.I see there is no way of convincing you that you are training like a total fool (anabolics make many ppl do this).You'll reflect back one day and see that I was right.

~Pinnacle~
    I wasn't saying you're wrong by any means, just looking over your reply. If you say stick with 4 days, and many people agree (some with horror stories) then I'll stick with 4 days. Problem solved.

And to those of you who think it's placebo (if it is, I cannot WAIT for the real thing) what will happen, or what will I feel, one day and just realize "this is it for sure... I'm on!" ?? Any events or things to look out for?

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    EAT RIGHT, GET PLENTY OF REST AND LIFT LIKE HELL

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

YoRgO17 is offline Junior Member
    sorry guys but i just have to say i cannot fit everything in 4 days..

my workout looks like this

day1- chest

day2- back

day 3-tris

day 4- shoulders

day 5 rest

day 6- bis

day7- legs

i wont do back n bis.. i wont do chest n tris.... i guess i could move it to shoulders/bis on day 4 so then day 5-6 is rest still 5x a week.. i dont think i could do 4

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Here is an brief example of a good 4 day and 5 day routine that I recommend.

4day (do this when off anabolics) Rest EOD! no exceptions. Great routine for "me" to retain size and strength gains from cycle, great time to rest and prepare for next cycle.

Sun: Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
    Mon: OFF
    Tues: Legs (quads, hams, calves)
    Wed: OFF
    Thurs: Back, Bi's, abs
    Fri: OFF
    Sat: Chest, Shoulders, Tri's <---(Keep rotating 3day schedule EOD).

5day (on anabolics) Off days vary depending on how I feel, sometimes day an additional day off if necessary. This particular routine has given me some of the best results so far, some others have come close.

Sun: Legs (See below, Quads on off wks from shoulders)
    Tues: Chest, calves
    Wed: Back, abs
    Thus: Shoulders Every Third week (Hams on alternate weeks and OFF on third week rotation)
    Sat: Arms, calves

Hope this made sense or might help you with a possible routine. Each individual responds to different things so Keep trying routines(for atleast 4-6wks) and find what suites you.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

~Pinnacle~
    Couldn't agree more.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by notanormalgent
    **** it, man. you're gassed like a pro, so train like one...six days a week. just change it into a three days split arnold style.
    This is quite bad advice. Being a pro, it is your job to get big. I am guessing you have another job and probably even a wife and family to take care of. So unless you want to be taking naps all day and night you cant be training 6 days a week. Also, pros are taking way more drugs that his cycle.

Schwarz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr

4day (do this when off anabolics) Rest EOD! no exceptions. Great routine for "me" to retain size and strength gains from cycle, great time to rest and prepare for next cycle.

5day (on anabolics) Off days vary depending on how I feel, sometimes day an additional day off if necessary. This particular routine has given me some of the best results so far, some others have come close.

Thus: Shoulders Every Third week (Hams on alternate weeks and OFF on third week rotation)

Hope this made sense or might help you with a possible routine. Each individual responds to different things so Keep trying routines(for atleast 4-6wks) and find what suites you.
    I agree with this post it is a well constructed training schedule. Remember just because you're on AAS it doesn't mean you don't have to give your body and nervous system time to recover.

Could you post up your full cycle pls? Just curious.

Cheers
    S

Your 4 day(off) routine is what I'd do ON anabolics.

Glad your ON routine worked for you.Personally,I wouldn't even consider that routine whether on or off.

~Pinnacle~

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz
    I agree with this post it is a well constructed training schedule. Remember just because you're on AAS it doesn't mean you don't have to give your body and nervous system time to recover.

Cheers
    S
    Sure I'll jump on later tonight when I have a few minutes to think about it all. Then edit it in this post. Glad it helped.

Pinn, It mostly depends on how I am feeling that day on my 5day routine whether I cut it down to 4days, I found 6days was counterproductive, seemed like I burned more than I gained (obvious overtraining).

Bulldog743 is offline New Member
    I wasn't saying you're wrong by any means, just looking over your reply. If you say stick with 4 days, and many people agree (some with horror stories) then I'll stick with 4 days. Problem solved.

And to those of you who think it's placebo (if it is, I cannot WAIT for the real thing) what will happen, or what will I feel, one day and just realize "this is it for sure... I'm on!" ?? Any events or things to look out for?
    Hey Bro! I just got off me first cycle--test Cyp 13wks....
    gained 35lbs..... Strength went through the roof!
    I would say train as hard as you wish! Your body will tell you when to stop--I trained like a madman! The whole time! I think "overtraining" today is taken out of context! If you look back in the old days, guys were training same bodypart 2X a week while training 6 times a week...My advice is eat eat and eat! Protein, protein....2 gallons of water a day..... Get lots of fruit and veggies and get good carbs also! Dont believe that carb depletion stuff, if you are juicing and lifting 6X a week! You will not gain fat! When you walk out of the GYm--You should feel tired--yet GOOD and STRONG! Go for it! train your ass off, and eat lots of clean food!

madflabby is offline Associate Member
    This is what I do

MONDAY/CHEST
    TUESDAY/ARMS-ABS
    WEDNESDAY/LEGS
    THURSDAY/BACK
    FRIDAY/SHOULDERS-ABS
    SATURDAY/ARMS OR LEGS (ALTERNATE)-ABS
    SUNDAY/REST

Sure I'll jump on later tonight when I have a few minutes to think about it all. Then edit it in this post. Glad it helped.

Pinn, It mostly depends on how I am feeling that day on my 5day routine whether I cut it down to 4days, I found 6days was counterproductive, seemed like I burned more than I gained (obvious overtraining).
    Sorry bro I meant could vein-x post his complete cycle up?

mx747 is offline Associate Member
    heres an easy way to answer your question. look at the posts in this thread .
    Find the member with the most posts (pinnacle) and follow his advise. Plain and simple.
    cheers!

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    whilst I would say dont train more than 4 days a week, it does depend on the person. A friend of mine trains 8 or 9 times a week and gains all the time, in fact hes absolutely huge. You should know what your body can handle under normal conditions and should keep it the same. I for example find it hard even training 4 times a week on shit loads of gear, its an indvidual thing. Know ur limits and dont cross them.

MaxMuscleGH is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    whilst I would say dont train more than 4 days a week, it does depend on the person. A friend of mine trains 8 or 9 times a week and gains all the time, in fact hes absolutely huge. You should know what your body can handle under normal conditions and should keep it the same. I for example find it hard even training 4 times a week on shit loads of gear, its an indvidual thing. Know ur limits and dont cross them.

yeah it basically all goes to how your body reacts to the pain your putting it through... some peope can train 6 times a week and others cant.

Quote Originally Posted by madflabby
    This is what I do

MONDAY/CHEST
    TUESDAY/ARMS-ABS
    WEDNESDAY/LEGS
    THURSDAY/BACK
    FRIDAY/SHOULDERS-ABS
    SATURDAY/ARMS OR LEGS (ALTERNATE)-ABS
    SUNDAY/REST
    Can we all say....OVER TRAINING?

goose is offline Banned
    No one understands your body more than yourself,this is when experience comes to play.I think rules is slighty overated in training,the main thing is you have proper technique to perform the exercises properly,however, rest is essential for development.Lee Priest trains with no rules,check this out;

http://www.getbig.com/iview/priest040213.htm

goose4........

Jray1der is offline Associate Member
    Perfect Ideal, this is similar to what I do.

Jray1der is offline Associate Member
    My thing is, how the Hell do you expect to heal and grow when you dont rest in between each workout day? Your nervous system is going thru fits if you dont let it recuperate. It takes approx, 24 hrs. for your nervous system to recover. Weight lifting is trauma, though it is beneficial to muscular developement and strength. But it has to be respected. You have to let the vital instruments of growth promotion take its course and generally it is thru hard work and rest.
    Last edited by Jray1der; 12-14-2005 at 03:13 PM.

Of course bro, this is for all you guys to glance at. Critique all you want... but I'm already in the middle of Week 2:

CYCLE
    Test Enan @ 600mg/week for weeks 1-13 x 2 injections on Mon & Thurs
    EQ @ 600mg week 1-12 x 2 injections on Mon & Thurs (mixed in with Test Enan)
    Test Prop @ 150mg/EOD weeks 1-4 and weeks 14-15
    (reduces injections = reduces "pain in the ass")

PCT
    Nolva @ 40mg ED for weeks 16-17
    Nolva @ 20mg ED for weeks 18-19
    Clomid @ 200mg first 2 days, then @ 100mg for the remaining 2-4 weeks

BTW, I'm going to train how my body feels so I can learn better about it. Also, would anyone like me to keep a log? I'm working on a minor for a possible writing career, so it definetly wouldn't be a half-assed. We're talking details, pictures and the days events every night, if possible. Let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    No one understands your body more than yourself,this is when experience comes to play.I think rules is slighty overated in training,the main thing is you have proper technique to perform the exercises properly,however, rest is essential for development.Lee Priest trains with no rules,check this out;

http://www.getbig.com/iview/priest040213.htm

goose4........
    What Lee is talking about is instinctive training.It takes years to get to know your body that well.It's not a new method by any means.Sort of like training for weeks on end heavy,high intensity with countless reps to bring yourself to the brink of over training.Then back off and watch yourself grow.Hyper-acceleration/Hyper-adaptation is the exact technique.There's a very fine line you are walking there.Some guys do this technique without even knowing it.Very effective,but at the same time,very advanced.

~Pinnacle~

goose is offline Banned
    Good info Pinn,alot of times on my off days,I feel I can train more,when I am in this mood,I head to the gym,only time will tell if this is a good idea.I dont like rules,makes things more unpreditable and interesting.I like to listen to my body,like today,my cardio is 60 mins at 54 mins today,I had really heavy tight legs,I took no chance and pulled the plug.

goose4........

What Lee is talking about is instinctive training.It takes years to get to know your body that well.It's not a new method by any means.Sort of like training for weeks on end heavy,high intensity with countless reps to bring yourself to the brink of over training.Then back off and watch yourself grow.Hyper-acceleration/Hyper-adaptation is the exact technique.There's a very fine line you are walking there.Some guys do this technique without even knowing it.Very effective,but at the same time,very advanced.

~Pinnacle~
    I think I'm going to give the "Hyper-Acceleration/Hyper-Adaptation" protocol a shot. Not 9 days a week but to the point where I feel satisfied and I know my muscles are growing with adequate rest. Thanks for the help all along Pinn.

By the way, any comments on the cycle? If you had to take a guess, when would you say I'd feel some test-effects? Week 4, 5, 6? I'm waiting for the EQ veins and appetite, but I'd like to feel the aggression and huge mass increases from test too...

Of course bro, this is for all you guys to glance at. Critique all you want... but I'm already in the middle of Week 2:

CYCLE
    Test Enan @ 600mg/week for weeks 1-13 x 2 injections on Mon & Thurs
    EQ @ 600mg week 1-12 x 2 injections on Mon & Thurs (mixed in with Test Enan)
    Test Prop @ 150mg/EOD weeks 1-4 and weeks 14-15
    (reduces injections = reduces "pain in the ass")

PCT
    Nolva @ 40mg ED for weeks 16-17
    Nolva @ 20mg ED for weeks 18-19
    Clomid @ 200mg first 2 days, then @ 100mg for the remaining 2-4 weeks

BTW, I'm going to train how my body feels so I can learn better about it. Also, would anyone like me to keep a log? I'm working on a minor for a possible writing career, so it definetly wouldn't be a half-assed. We're talking details, pictures and the days events every night, if possible. Let me know...
    Cheers bro. Looks good. A log would be really doo. Let us know when you got it set up.

Cheers
    S

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    rest days are when you grow, dont overlook them

BoxR06 is offline New Member
    Yeah, you're definately going to be going through the placebo affect when you first get on cycle... This being my first cycle on test, I felt pumped from the day of my first shot and I think that this definately has its place. I made tremendous gains before this stuff started kicking in, and let me tell you @ week four which is where I'm at right now, that placebo effect can't even compare to how ****ing pumped you will be when that test really starts working. You'll wake up in the morning and look in the mirror swearing you can see a difference from the night before. Go ahead and keep that log and hopefully you have a before picture cause the transformation an amazing thing to see.

Looks good. A log would be really do. Let us know when you got it set up.
    Thanks a lot bro, also thanks for the info boxer. I have a log up now, and I'm working on a way to get high quality pictures. Please read and enjoy. It's a LOT more detailed than any other log you'll ever read because like I said, I'm working for a minor in college right now with some writing courses. I won't take professional time and all that sh*t, but each day will have a quality update (when I have the time, and I usually do) with pictures and solid detail. Enjoy!

Vein-X's *DETAILED* Cycle Log

Thread Information