IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

so i went to the doc today to get a shot and...

i went to the doc today to get a flu shot. had to have been intramusclular. i took it in the shoulder, and it had slight soreness later in the day. if it was a lipid shot, i would think they would have poked me in the tricept area. so i am pretty sure it was intramusclular.

i watched very very very very carefully. 100% POSITIVE she did not aspirate . and i know it wouldnt be fatal if a vein was hit, but if she were to go into a vein the drug delivery would probably be ****ed up. so could hitting a vein and dieing with juice possiblly be overrated somhow? in someway?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I didn't aspirate for a few years, nor do I think it is necessary but It only takes 2 seconds, better safe than sorry. Btw I aspirate now when I remember and depending on where I shoot.

dude, no doubt, aspirating is important in my mind. i am just concerned about that 1 in a million chance of dieing from going into a vein. i wonder if it is justified

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    If you did die from it, I guess it wouldn't really concern you because you'd be dead. So just aspirate so you don't have worry about being a dead juice junky.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    i went to the doc today to get a flu shot. had to have been intramusclular. i took it in the shoulder, and it had slight soreness later in the day. if it was a lipid shot, i would think they would have poked me in the tricept area. so i am pretty sure it was intramusclular.

i watched very very very very carefully. 100% POSITIVE she did not aspirate. and i know it wouldnt be fatal if a vein was hit, but if she were to go into a vein the drug delivery would probably be ****ed up. so could hitting a vein and dieing with juice possiblly be overrated somhow? in someway?

No, aspirating is not over rated and that bitch didnt know what she was doing or didnt give a shit, one of the two. The chances of hitting a vein in your shoulder are slim, really slim to almost none as there arent alot of veins on the side delt, but you should always use precaution. Now, if you were to do a quad shot and not aspirate , sooner or later you'd learn the hard way. I'll tell you what you'll experience. It'll be uncontrollable coughing for 20-30 minutes, a nautious sick feeling where you dont want to stand up, etc etc. It's not fun, def not fun

USN DV is offline Associate Member
    Me and a friend had to go to medical to get our flu shot a couple of weeks ago.. I asked doc if I could inject my friend just to f*ck with him. I did it in the delt and doc said not to worry about aspirating it.

I aspirate when I give myself injecting
    Last edited by USN DV; 12-12-2005 at 12:51 AM.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    iv never hit a vien before. even with ed shots for wks upon wks. but it's nice and easy to do so i never take the chance. i aspirate every time in every muscle

musclehead1 is offline Member
    they are supposed to aspirate a few of my friends are in nursing in college and well i asked em about it and they all said yes that they are supposed to, I think its the fact that most nurses have probably heard that theres a slim chance that they will hit a vein so they dont give a crap....so next time somebody goes and gets a flu shot give em a show cough and stuff.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    wouldn't be worth the chance being a nurse, that would be a hell of a lawsuit if it hurt someone....

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    it would be kinda hard to prove though i guess...

chest6 is offline Banned
    They probably just think its rare and it wont happen, so they're like..what the hell.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    no nurse or doctor I have seen ever aspirates. And I study medicine.. But then again they know exactly where to inject and in most cases accidently hitting a vein woudnt be bad. The story is a lil diffrent if lets say 4 ml of oils gets injected in the vein. I doubt that it would be fatal but at least u would feel like shit for a while... So my advice is apirate PPL ... it only takes a sec and can spare a lot of grief..

righton is offline Senior Member
    An "outdated nurseing practice" as stated in the NEJM. Personally...in 14+yrs of cycling i've never aspiriated and i've hit quite a few veins. And ppl, please don't tell me i've been lucky so far just post a obit with the conclusive cause being IM injec!

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i really believe she may have aspirated so slightly you didn;t even notice, i mean it doesn;t take anything to do it and if ur in a vein you'll know immediately...another thing being is that things like that shouldn;t really be affected if they were to get in a vein... the fact being AS are suspended in oil is the problem. It could theoretically cause an oil embolism once it got in the vein which would be some bad news if it say got lodge in your heart or some other major vessels...

maic stick- she jabbed me in the shoulder and her thumb was in contact with the plunger the entire time. the shot was over in the blink of an eye.

i havent ever juiced yet. but the time is coming. i know i am gonna be paranoid about goin into a vein. i probably will have to stick to quad shots because i will be to paranoid to go into the glute because i wont be able to see the thing as well when i aspirate

Thread Information