Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anavar

james7 is offline New Member

anavar

19 yr. old baseball player thinking of taking it... I've heard of minimal side effects... Anyone ever had their sex drive screwed up or suffered hair loss from it? Also i am having a difficult time understanding why I would be to young to take... am I limiting my own natural potential for muscle growth by juicing at this age? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes you are too young, and yes var kills the sex drive and makes you lethargic

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    @ 19 your growth plates are more than likely still growing. That's a big reason people will tell you not to until you are 25 or so. You could go to a doc and get them evaluated. Also, at your age you definitely have a lot to still gain naturally and a lot to learn w/regards to diet, training, rest...etc. You can learn a lot of that on here. Your natty test is probably as high as it will ever get right now, so why not use it while its there?

Are you playing college ball somewhere? If it's not JuCo, wait until your draft year or better yet until you have a legit shot at the bigs...AA or higher. The farther along you are when you start, the better off you'll be. IMO.

BTW I love Var and when you're ready I would reccomend it, especially as an athlete...might want to throw in some test too...at least a little bit to keep the libido.

Born Threat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller9
    @ 19 your growth plates are more than likely still growing. That's a big reason people will tell you not to until you are 25 or so. You could go to a doc and get them evaluated. Also, at your age you definitely have a lot to still gain naturally and a lot to learn w/regards to diet, training, rest...etc. You can learn a lot of that on here. Your natty test is probably as high as it will ever get right now, so why not use it while its there?

Are you playing college ball somewhere? If it's not JuCo, wait until your draft year or better yet until you have a legit shot at the bigs...AA or higher. The farther along you are when you start, the better off you'll be. IMO.

BTW I love Var and when you're ready I would reccomend it, especially as an athlete...might want to throw in some test too...at least a little bit to keep the libido.
    Actually steroids have no affect on growth plates. This is proven to be a myth. However, the SERMs we use for PCT can close growth plates. But, I do agree in waiting it out for a few years and take advantage of your natural test production. You can make great gains in size and strength without the use of anabolics.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you are better of spendiing your money on protein and vitamins. Just eat right and work hard everyday and you will start to see some great results.

james7 is offline New Member

thanks guys

I've been working hard since high school... I also am well accustomed to proper dieting and training (I am a certified personal trainer)... I've just been looking for a boost because I am looking to make a push to get drafted. My clean and squat are still going up at a steady rate but my bench has been been stuck for a while. I'm also having a hard time putting on mass, I am getting stronger but I'm still a lean 185 lbs (6'1'')... I'd like to just put on a solid 5 to 10 pounds and that's why I was thinking of something a little more mild. Thanks for the advice so far guys, anyone else that has experience with var I would greatly appreciate your insight... i'm still not positive as to what I am going to do so I am all ears to advice. btw baller when did you start taking?

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Threat
    Actually steroids have no affect on growth plates. This is proven to be a myth. However, the SERMs we use for PCT can close growth plates. But, I do agree in waiting it out for a few years and take advantage of your natural test production. You can make great gains in size and strength without the use of anabolics.
    can you post refs?

Milky87 is offline Member
    This is incorrect. Estrogen singals for hte plates to close so steroids that aromatise heavily to cause the plates to close. Steroids such as oxandrolone, methenolone and a couple others that dont form estrogens dont cause them to close

Mean and Lean is offline Banned
    You have no business on any forum de****g with anabolic use. I'd suggest you read up on growth plates and anabolics use before making this statement again.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Calm down everyone...I will try to find the link...

Basics of cycling

Its a long read...you can scroll down to the pink picture and read about all that...

tomp is offline Junior Member
    BS, AAS will stop growth in it's tracks! Don't play around with this stuff at a young age!

BTW I am in no way condoning taking steroids under the age of 21. Im 19 and Ive never taken them and as it stands now I may never take them...

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Many AAS convert to estrogen. SERMs will also act on bone growth. So while AASs dont directly effect linear bone growth their conversion factors do.

Aromatase catalyzes the synthesis of estrogen from its androgen precursors. Estrogen is known to be important in regulating long bone growth and epiphyseal plate closure. To assess whether there may be growth plate-specific production of estrogen, we performed reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) to determine whether aromatase transcripts are present in the human growth plate. Immunohistochemistry was also employed to identify the specific sites of expression. Growth plates were obtained from an adolescent male and female undergoing ephysectomy to counter premature growth plate closure in the opposite leg. Aromatase transcripts were detected in RNA preparations from both growth plates. The aromatase protein was mainly expressed in the zone of maturation and the hypertrophic zone, with greatest expression in the latter. Since estrogen receptors are known to be expressed in chondrocytes, this data is consistent with a role for local estrogen production in the autocrine/paracrine control of long bone growth and growth plate maturation.
    A quick xray will show if growth plates have closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean and Lean
    You have no business on any forum de****g with anabolic use. I'd suggest you read up on growth plates and anabolics use before making this statement again.
    Steroids don't directly close growth plates. Estrogen can, but not steroids. I don't think this is neccessary, I have a lot more business on here than you noob.

tomp is offline Junior Member

Milky87 is offline Member
    Oxandrolone is used to treat 'short stature' because it is a mild anabolic , whih promotes bone growth,and doesnt aromatize into an estrogen so it doesnt signal for the plates to close.

In some cases, children are given testosterone along with an aromatase inhibitor for a stronger anabolic effect without estrogen

I guess mean and lean was banned for his comments...

I will take time to ponder what I think of this...then I will dismiss it...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Steroids don't directly close growth plates. Estrogen can, but not steroids. I don't think this is neccessary, I have a lot more business on here than you noob.
    Born, you got here last month, who are you calling noob? btw nice save on your fuked up post.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    hmmmmm, this is interesting. another myth might be revieled.

fhorst is offline Associate Member
    Jeee.... all ppl on roidrage? Stop the flames bro's, save them for PM's and be one big happy family

Anyway, Anavar , Oxandrolone. Yes mild steroid , also given to kids to boost their growth a bit. Also given to persons with severe trauma, to speed up the recovery process.

And Yes, it's still an anabolic steroid. So, it should be dealt with as such.
    Like anyone, I also think you are to young to start, but I'n not here to judge you.
    You found the board, and that's a good thing! And as you could find the board, you sure can find steroids ...

Personally I still say, go with a different training scheme, Hi weight, low reps, and EAT EAT EAT. And if you want to use Anavar with it... then better use 30 (min) to 70 mg per day

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    BTW I am in no way condoning taking steroids under the age of 21. Im 19 and Ive never taken them and as it stands now I may never take them...
    So you become a member of one of the best steroid forums on the net, you have over 800 posts but you are not considering to ever use steroids ?

Anyway back on topic, my brother is about to turn 19, he is also considering Anavar . I have talked him out of it and he is going to wait until he is in his 20's. You should too, just wait it out dude, you will be glad you did. 90percent of the people who use these drugs will give you the same advice, we can't all be out of our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    So you become a member of one of the best steroid forums on the net, you have over 800 posts but you are not considering to ever use steroids ?
    I wanted to research to see if I wanted to take them...do you mind?

Or would you prefer that I start too early take the wrong stuff and then become a member...

Besides I said I MAY never take them...Glad to see your concerned though...

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    I wanted to research to see if I wanted to take them...do you mind?

Or would you prefer that I start too early take the wrong stuff and then become a member...

Besides I said I MAY never take them...Glad to see your concerned though...
    I was abit confused because of the way you said it. I kinda got the impression that you're not considering steroid use but you are posting on the forums anyway, nothing wrong with that either but it got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Born, you got here last month, who are you calling noob? btw nice save on your fuked up post.
    Bro, just because I've been a member of this site for a month doesn't mean I'm a noob.

What's up with all the haters?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    What's up with all the haters?

No one's hating. It's just that BD saw that you called someone else a noob when you just signed up a month ago.

Then he came across the fact that at first you said that steroids dont effect growth platees. But then after you read powerliftermikes great post you knew to change it a bit. No big deal. With a topic like this there are many innuendos. That's why this is a discussion board. There's no need for arguments b/c we're all looking for the right answers.

It's all love

We love you!

haha j/k bro, don't be sad.

PS: I don't hate, I just try and tell it like it is. I take no sides. (except for Jay's because everyone pushes him around)

(except for Jay's because everyone pushes him around)

It's hard when you're in single digits of BF year round. People have a tendency to rough you up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    No one's hating. It's just that BD saw that you called someone else a noob when you just signed up a month ago.

Then he came across the fact that at first you said that steroids dont effect growth platees. But then after you read powerliftermikes great post you knew to change it a bit. No big deal. With a topic like this there are many innuendos. That's why this is a discussion board. There's no need for arguments b/c we're all looking for the right answers.

It's all love
    You're right. See the reason being is, I have done a few cycles and had the x-ray done and they aren't closed. A few of my friends also have room for more growth. Maybe it has something to do with duration/dosage/substances you use in your cycles. This is a very debatable issue, so there really is no right or wrong answer. There are no real studies proving that steroids WILL stunt growth no matter what. It's just something that may affect everyone differently.

bahhahahaahah, I know how you feel little guy.

You're right. See the reason being is, I have done a few cycles and had the x-ray done and they aren't closed. A few of my friends also have room for more growth. Maybe it has something to do with duration/dosage/substances you use in your cycles. This is a very debatable issue, so there really is no right or wrong answer. There are no real studies proving that steroids WILL stunt growth no matter what. It's just something that may affect everyone differently.
    I wasn't discrediting your beliefs on the subject, I was calling you out for hating on the other member in the first place. Don't be sad.

We love you!

haha j/k bro, don't be sad.

PS: I don't hate, I just try and tell it like it is. I take no sides. (except for Jay's because everyone pushes him around)

I wasn't discrediting your beliefs on the subject, I was calling you out for hating on the other member in the first place. Don't be sad.
    I know bro, it's cool. He's banned anyways.

I love all you guys...........

Sorry, just finished my cloimd, I'm a little sensitive right now

See the reason being is, I have done a few cycles and had the x-ray done and they aren't closed.

How old are you????

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    How old are you????
    20. I started when I was 18, but have only done light cycles using mild compounds.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Take some Trib and avina sativa and you will not have any libido problems, or atleast HIGHLY unlikely too.

fhorst is offline Associate Member
    I'm sorry, my slang is a bit rusty....

what the -(PEEP)- is Trib and avina sativa?

pearljam is offline Junior Member
    If you have been through puberty and the development of your endocrine system is basically finished then the only thing you would need to check is if you are done growing, i would suggest goin to a Doc to get this checked out. However if they are closed your body is ready to take in exogenous testosterone , this however does not mean that u are ready 99% percent of teens that take steroids are not educated enough to use them this is why i would guess that so many vets always say no u cant take them, but it is possible to have a well educated 19,20 year that knows the effects and can incorporate steroids into his routine safely. In summary read everything you can read real studies and effects dont always go by what some guy on the internet said just because he saw someone else said it.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fhorst
    I'm sorry, my slang is a bit rusty....

what the -(PEEP)- is Trib and avina sativa?
    Tribulus Terrestris Extract and AS are both dietary supplements that help you naturally produce Test (used as a natural aphrodisiac) Do a search bro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information