wrx
    wrx is offline Associate Member

doctors dont aspirate!

when doing glute shots at a hospital they never aspirate !
    so whos idea was it for is to do it?(im talking about glute shots only)

I just can aspirate when i do glute shots! maybe im not flex enough, i tried and i cant pull it back i need the other hand but i cant reach it! and i like it so much i never feel a thing .. when i did quads i got sore lumps and i dont feel anything when i do glutes. what do you say? how do you guys aspirate in the glutes?

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    first of all when u shoot urself in the glute u cant be as accurate as doctors and second point is that most of the time they inject u with stuff that wont have the same kind of consequences as oil based products.. U r right though .. doctors dont normally aspirate .. We need to though, I once injected into glute and hit a vein... I forgot to aspirate just that once and was still drowsy in the morning and bammm was not pleasant..

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    IMO if you just load the syringe right and don't have any air bubbles in the syringe then you don't really have to aspirate in the glute, i am sure it is a safe thing to do, but i have not ever aspirated in my glute. My procedure is like this:

I usually pull back a quarter more than what i plan on loading and push air in the bottle and then slowly fill the syringe more than what i plan on using and push the rest into the bottle so i don't waste any oil by squirting it out and letting it run down the needle.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    One handed technique. I pull the plunger while holding the barrel with my thumb and index finger.

One reason the doctor may not aspirate is the compound they inject may be given IV or IM... meaning it would not matter if they shoot intraveiniously.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    i have sat and watched nurses give flu shots and they aspirate .

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Some times teh so good at it you cant even tell they did it. keep in mind not ever shoot has to be in the muscle.

wrx
    i know that its important to aspirate and when i did quads it was easy but glute is hard.. what are the chances to go to vein there?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx
    i know that its important to aspirate and when i did quads it was easy but glute is hard.. what are the chances to go to vein there?
    I'd sat chanced are much slimmer, but you just have to master the one handed technique, like Meso talked about. I have become a reach around master

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    IMO if you just load the syringe right and don't have any air bubbles in the syringe then you don't really have to aspirate in the glute, i am sure it is a safe thing to do, but i have not ever aspirated in my glute. My procedure is like this:

I usually pull back a quarter more than what i plan on loading and push air in the bottle and then slowly fill the syringe more than what i plan on using and push the rest into the bottle so i don't waste any oil by squirting it out and letting it run down the needle.
    what r u talking about..... what does overfilling the syringe with juice and squirting it back in the bottle have to do with anything.....

on the other hand i strongly believe aspiration is essential. i had to inject for my buddy once and i hit a vein in the glute. had i not aspirated it could have been bad news... as someone said docs dont do it because what the shoot is not oil based and wont cause as much consequence if in a vein... on the other hand oil could cause an oil embolism which could thoeretically kill you... although the odds are slim it could happen, is that really a chance any of us would want to take though???

magic

need2Bbig is offline Associate Member
    Doctors have had a lot more practice and maybe more familiar with the vascular system, so they know where to inject or are over confident. Plus they dont care about hitting a vein its not there arse thats gonna swell. and as someone mentioned before most of the time they are shooting readily dispersed fluids, not oil-based.

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    when you've injected into a muscle it is hard to aspirate , so if its hard to pull and you see a bubble or two you're good to go.

when you've hit a vein, aspirating is very easy like you can draw blood with little effort with your pinkie finger.

it all can be done with one hand, what i think is happening to you is you're trying to pull the plunger and you're in muscle and don't realize it.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl

One reason the doctor may not aspirate is the compound they inject may be given IV or IM... meaning it would not matter if they shoot intraveiniously.
    Exactly....Mostly what doctors shoot you with is meant to be absorbed into the blood stream. There is no need for aspiration in this case.

heckler45_2000 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Exactly....Mostly what doctors shoot you with is meant to be absorbed into the blood stream. There is no need for aspiration in this case.
    Well I usually get my shots from a Nurse Practitioner and he never aspirates either. So really what you are trying to say is that doctors medicines are not meant to aspirate ? Does not make since to me...

Quote Originally Posted by heckler45_2000
    So really what you are trying to say is that doctors medicines are not meant to aspirate?
    Yes, I just phrased it differently.

SO what is the difference in an oil or water based intramuscular injection that we give ourselves and what the doctor gives us? How could you say theirs is different?

Zapp is offline Banned
    Aspirate ??? What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by heckler45_2000
    SO what is the difference in an oil or water based intramuscular injection that we give ourselves and what the doctor gives us? How could you say theirs is different?
    What the doctor is giving you can be absorbed in the bloodstream (most of the time, it is what is intended), however, you don't want an mL of any aas (oil or water based) hitting a vein and going directly into your bloodstream.

wrx
    when i try yo aspirate my hand start to shake becuse i cant do it with one hand..all of you aspirate with one hand?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    i've never seen a doctot give an injection....always the nursing staff......and it's done so quickly you can't see it most times

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    when i try yo aspirate my hand start to shake becuse i cant do it with one hand..all of you aspirate with one hand?

Just stick it... then grab the barrell of the syringe with your 4 fingers, not including thumb... then use your thumb nail to pull up on the plunger... it's not hard... if u are in a vein it will take very little pressure to pull back on the plunger... if u are in muscle it will be harder....

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    What the doctor is giving you can be absorbed in the bloodstream (most of the time, it is what is intended), however, you don't want an mL of any aas (oil or water based) hitting a vein and going directly into your bloodstream.
    Well of course you dont want any shot that is going intramuscular to go in a vein, but there is no difference in an oil based intramuscular steroid shot and a oil based intramuscular shot the doc gives ya. The rules of drug injections dont change cause your injecting a steroid. Thats like saying a nurse that gives a guy a Testosterone shot from the doc will automatically aspirate cause its a "steroid". No if they dont aspirate on other shots there is nothing in their head that will say steroid shot need to aspirate...

Bulldog743 is offline New Member
    when doing glute shots at a hospital they never aspirate !
    so whos idea was it for is to do it?(im talking about glute shots only)

I just can aspirate when i do glute shots! maybe im not flex enough, i tried and i cant pull it back i need the other hand but i cant reach it! and i like it so much i never feel a thing .. when i did quads i got sore lumps and i dont feel anything when i do glutes. what do you say? how do you guys aspirate in the glutes?
    There are a few steps you should always take when first learning to inject anabolic steroids . The most important thing to keep in mind is that you must always be clean and very sanitary. Always use new syringes that are in sealed packaging. Never use a syringe that has been used before, either by you or especially by another person. Make sure that the area that you will be injecting is clean and is in the correct location (read injection sites) to prevent injury. Take your new syringe out of its packaging and if there is a protective covering on the needle turn it tight to insure that the needle is firmly secured to the syringe. With an alcohol filled cotton swab wipe the top of your bottle (if you are withdrawing from one) to insure it is sterile. Take the plastic sheath off the needle and draw about 2cc of air into the syringe. Insert the syringe and push the air into the bottle. This makes it easier to withdraw the oil based liquid. Turn your bottle upside-down and withdraw the amount that you want plus just a little extra. Now, flick the side of the syringe to get all of the air bubbles to the top and inject the extra amount you took back into the bottle. Withdraw the syringe and pull back about 1/4cc of air and then remove the needle. From a new syringe take the needle off of it and place it on the syringe that you have your liquid in. This will give you a new, undulled needle. Inserting it through the top of your bottle will have dulled your previous needle. With another alcohol filled cotton swab wipe the injection site. Unsheathe your tightened needle making sure not to touch it to anything (this will unsterilize your needle and can cause severe problems with infection). Hold your syringe upright and push in the stopper slowly until all of the air in the syringe has been forced out. If some liquid trickles down the needle that is O.K., do not touch or wipe it. That will help in lubricating the injection site. Now, hold the syringe like a dart and at a 90-degree angle insert the clean new needle deep into the muscle. Once the needle is all the way into the muscle, pull back on the plunger to check if blood enters the syringe. If this happens it means that you have entered a blood vessel and that you need to withdraw and try again. Withdraw the needle from the buttocks and push the blood out of the syringe. Then replace the tip to ensure that the blood is not hidden in the tip of the needle. If there is not blood present, press the stopper in slowly (to prevent soreness) until all of the liquid has been injected. Lastly, remove the needle quickly and with another cotton swab apply pressure and gently massage the injection site (this will help with bleeding and also eliminate some discomfort in the following days). Try not to inject more than 2 cc's at one time and no more than twice a week in the same injection site. Place the plastic sheathe back on the needle and discard the entire syringe. Try not to inject more than 2 cc's at one time and no more than twice a week in the same injection site. Remember: DO NOT USE SYRINGE OR NEEDLE AGAIN

WHERE TO INJECT

Anabolic steroids , both oil and water based need to be injected intramuscularly (deep into muscle tissue). The most common place for intramuscular injections are in the buttocks, outer side of the thigh, and in the deltoid region of the arm. These muscles are preferred by many because of their thickness. These sites have a large number of muscle fibers and extensive fascia. Fascia is a type of connective tissue that surrounds and separates muscles. Because of this, the steroid or liquid being injected has a large surface area and a vast blood supply, which is better for absorption. When injecting, the goal is to go deep into the muscle tissue WITHOUT hitting major nerves and blood vessels. The best site for injecting is in the gluteus medius located in the upper outer area of the buttocks (see picture). The upper outer area is elected because the muscle in this area is very thick and has only a few nerves. In this area it is not likely that you will hit a blood vessel and the chances of injury to the sciatic nerve. This nerve runs through the lower and middle area of the buttock. If this nerve is hit, you may be temporarily paralyzed and it is very painful. You will want to stay as far away from the sciatic nerve as possible.

CHOOSING PROPER SYRINGE

Choosing the proper syringe is very important. First, you will want a syringe that will hold the desired amount of liquid. The liquid is measured in cc's. Second, you need to have needles that will penetrate deep enough into the muscle for optimum absorption. And lastly, you will need a syringe that is wide enough to deliver the fluid, but also thin enough not to hurt. The thickness of the needles is measured in gauges. An 18" gauge is much larger than a 22" or 23" gauge. Obviously the lower the gauge the wider the needle. There are many different sizes of syringe. You will find that some hold more fluid than others do and as mentioned some you will find are bigger and longer. The most favored size would be a 22" gauge with a 1.5" length (this is the most common for injections administered into the buttocks). 1" needles are usually preferred when going into the thigh or deltoid. If you are confused about this, call a pharmacist and ask them to help. In most cases they will.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    It really doesn't matter how familiar you are with the vasular system, people dont have veins and arteries in same places. Proof? My veins are in diff location in my right forearm than in my left for example.

Most times, the injection will not be oil based and some bloodstream hazard issues really dont apply. Most AASs are oil based so you need to aspirate .

wrx
    can someone show me a pic of the sciatic nerve that i need to watch out for?

ACAZORES is offline Member
    I have done about 500 shots myself and I never aspirate , my last 12 week cycle was 180 shots and I never had A problem

STEVO 47 is offline Banned
    Another thing to add is, I remember a while back when vaccinations were
    done with a gun. I'm not sure if they still use em. Not to say you shouldn't
    asp. though.
    Last edited by STEVO 47; 12-13-2005 at 08:30 PM.

MrWizyrd is offline Junior Member
    My gf is a nurse, and when I talked to her about aspirating, she said she never does it. But of course they get actual training and practice, so I think for the average Joe it is better to be safe than sorry.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    you have to do it with one hand. hold the plunger between your thumb and pointer finger and pull it up to aspirate . you probly don't need to in the glutes but i always will out of paranoia.

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACAZORES
    I have done about 500 shots myself and I never aspirate, my last 12 week cycle was 180 shots and I never had A problem
    consider yourself lucky, i've hit a vein once out of about 75 injections. i would never inject without aspirating, but thats me.

THINKBIG is offline Junior Member
    I'm new to this, But I have read up on all the sites, used the search function and read a few books. What I can't understand is why everyone always wants to argue about this issue of aspirating, #1 it takes all of 1/2 a second to due, give a little tug on the plunger, if it is in a vein it will retract and pull some blood out REAL EASY, I hit a vein in my Glute the 3rd time I injected using a 22gauge 1 1/2 needle, So yes you can hit a vein in your glute. It's not like you have to have some special power to do it. #2 just because someone doesn't do it does it make them correct? So if you are gonna do it or not it is your option. I think there is like 5 pages of posts on this if you use the SEARCH function. It seems like most don't know how to use it though. Also most of the guys giving advice on this site know what the hell they are talking about, LISTEN.....don't ask for advice and then argue about it if it's not what you want to hear.......GOOD LUCK and THANKS for all the great advice I have got from you guys

For one reason the question comes up about asperating is because
    some guys like myself have a hard time even getting around enough
    to shoot the ass nether the less try to asperate too. Thats why the
    question arises acationally
    Last edited by STEVO 47; 12-13-2005 at 11:08 PM.

Bulldog743 is offline New Member
    In the last 13 shots-- all in the glute, i hit blood (hit a vein)
    4 times! I aspirate every time--dont be stupid people! You could shoot 1,000 times and nothing then 1,001 and you hit a vein with 3 CC of Oil based test, and have an embolism and die.....
    If you cant reach your ass to do the shot, for god sakes, ask someone to help you!

THINKBIG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVO 47
    For one reason the question comes up about asperating is because
    some guys like myself have a hard time even getting around enough
    to shoot the ass nether the less try to asperate too. Thats why the
    question arises acationally

You could just shoot the gluteus medeus then, its the muscle on the side near your hip, very easy or just shoot the quads if you can't hit them then you don't need juice cause you are way to BIG. Work on your manual dexterity

I shoot the quads all the time, and delts, but I want to add some more
    areas to the program.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVO 47
    I shoot the quads all the time, and delts, but I want to add some more
    areas to the program.

Pecs are really easy........ they seem freaky at first, but once u get over that fear it's cake...

Yep that has been a thought.

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    yes, you are always supposed to aspirate prior to giving an injection! That's the way you're taught in any sort of health professional school; be that nursing or medical school. Usually though, it's so quick that it is not ever noticed. You just watch to make sure there is not a "flash" of blood that comes back into the syringe, and then know that you're not in a blood vessel. If a person who is a medical professional says they dont' always aspirate, then they are not doing their job properly.
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get it fully evaluated, you should address it with your primary physician or health care provider"

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO

the reason docs dont aspirate is because most of the time they are injecting something that can be injected im or iv such as most antibiotics. when something can also be used iv u dont need to aspirate. aas cannot be shot intravenously.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    The time it takes to asperate is less than 1/2 second. Its not a big deal.

Rolsroyce is offline Junior Member
    the upper out side of the glute doesnt have many vessels to worry about. I never asperate in the glute only if I am hitting an odd area.

Thread Information