Thread: Legal Concerns

goalkeeper is offline Junior Member

Legal Concerns

Hey guys...I had an odd thing happen to me the other day. A girl who i was ****ing had an ex bf who was a little upset about it. This ass hat, printed posts of mine from another anabolic web site (which I dont post to anymore due to this) and took them to the police telling them that I was a steroid dealer (I am not) The police told him that they really couldnt do anything with the information, but I am still concerned. I am sure that if nothing else he has tipped them off some how.

My question is, how damaging is this really? I mean, can people really just go into the police dept and say wharever they want. Keep in mind, I have never met this kid so EVERYTHING he says would be based on nothing concrete. BUT...can the police really investigate or get a search warrant for something like this? On one hand I am scared, but at the same time, I cannot believe that in America that this is enough to get the police all fired up.

Keep in mind, that my posts on this other site, are all informational. They mention nothing of selling or buying...just how to kind of shit.

Should I be worried? How can I protect myself? Could the police be watching me, and what would they be watching for? Would they be tracking my IP or tapping my phone?

Let me know how big of a deal this is, and if I am just overreacting or should this be a genuine concern. I would hate to have to stop using.

Can they read my hushmail account?

Nismo is offline Member
    NO they cant read your hushmail account because its incrypted and not only that but its against the law. If the cops ever force you to do that you can actually sue for invasion of privacy. And dont worry about the dueche bag, without catching you in the act of selling (which you are not) they really cant do crap.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    they coudn't get a search warrant just for some BS you say on the web. just keep an eye out, but you still reserve the freedom of speech. And since you never mentioned sources or stated you were one there really is no probable cause. i dont anything will happen, how do you even know this guy wen to the cops? he could just be scaring you, prolly some 16 yr old kid who thinks he is really clever.

JerzeyBoy is offline Member
    My answer is you could never be so safe.

But lets hear what more experienced gamers would say.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry about it bro they have to catch you selling it and if you are not then you are o.k. they prob just laughed at him when he left the police station. i would not have any worries.

Nismo is offline Member
    It would be easier for you to walk in there and say that he just beat your @ss and get him in trouble (dont do it though). Just sit back, relax and bone down with his chick

JR.SHRED is offline Associate Member
    What a loser he must have nothing better to do. I would'nt worry man the cops cant do anything with that.

I do know he went to the cops because his gf told me everything. HOWEVER, one of the things that the cops said that got my attention is that they have been looking at me for sometime. Lord knows why I am so paranoid, but I am worried about them tapping my phone or my computer lines, then they would be able to sink me

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think if anything like that were to happen that would be invasion of privacy. i dont see how they can use a screen name to trace who you are without hacking in and getting an ip... couldn;t this be something like defimation (slander, i dunno what it's called) or something since he is accusing you of donig illegal things with no proof... or harassment...

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    If you dont post under your real name on the other website whos to even say that it was your screen name to begin with.... The cops wont care its nothing of there concern but if it were my case id just keep my house clean and store it at a buds for safe measure.

Nismo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalkeeper
    I do know he went to the cops because his gf told me everything. HOWEVER, one of the things that the cops said that got my attention is that they have been looking at me for sometime. Lord knows why I am so paranoid, but I am worried about them tapping my phone or my computer lines, then they would be able to sink me
    Check out your Constitution my friend. Trust me, tapping phone lines and computer use can only be done is they have a warrant. In order for a judge to even look at a warrant, the poice must have probable cause. I think they banned the phone tapping in the late 70's or early 80's if my history is correct.

If you would feel safer then just look up the laws of your state on the internet and it will say it there. Not to worry.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    hey.. look at the bright side.. you are doing his girlfriend. she left him because he wasn't good enough..

so there ya go..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    As far as privacy and the consitution and all that... thats pretty much antiquated with the patriot act. now they can get any information on you from any source and you might never even know it. the reason you dont have to worry about it is because its so minor and the cops dont like being used for some personal bs. Its unlikely they have the time to look into it, but if it caught their attention, they could definitely make your life miserable.

sws2316 is offline New Member

Important

Listen to me! My father is a lawyer and he says that the cops can't do shit and probably don't even care to bother with it. They might flag your name in their computer only as a steroid dealer so if you get pulled over they will try and search your car if you let them. Sometimes when some cops don't have shit else to do they will come and find you and try to scare you in to admiting something. Bottom line if they tried to get a search warrant or a warrant to tap you phone line, judge with laugh in their face and tell them to get out of here with that bullshit. Don't worry

that is all what i would think...and i would NEVER ALLOW a search, but i guess i dont know what is and is not probable cause. I have heard some horror stories on line about people getting snitched out...I mean, if this guy isnt a real snitch, what is?

Milky87 is offline Member
    You have to be careful, even mentioning that you are able get get something can be cosidered trafficing. It is extremely unlikely that they would bother chasing down an (nearly) unidentifyable poster talking about steoids. They woul much rather hang find someone offering a schedule I or II susbtance hich holds some weight behind it

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    that is all what i would think...and i would NEVER ALLOW a search, but i guess i dont know what is and is not probable cause. I have heard some horror stories on line about people getting snitched out...I mean, if this guy isnt a real snitch, what is?
    If you live in a smaller community where the cops aren't occupied with big city crime, then Id say you SHOULD be somewhat cautious. In the town I live in, they offer $500 for any information leading to the conviction of a drug dealer. Its common practice around here when people get hard up for some cash, to rat someone out that they dont like, or even to rat someone out to get the cops off their back. Now when you get ratted out, that doesn't mean the police will come crashing through your door and your instantly busted. But it does mean that normal traffic stops are gonna become a lot more inconveinient for you, and then theres always the chance of them dropping your name to your postal inspector if your little buddy mentioned anything about you getting steroids in the mail. My personal opinion, you should be more careful now that this kid is out to get you. Im just curious, how in the hell did he ever find out what your screen name was on the other board? Did the girl your bangin tell him?

Nismo is offline Member
    I dont know about AS, but I'm assuming it will be like drug dealers. If a dealer has a traffic of people comming in and out of your house a a daily basis of course your going to get the wrong attention. Then thats when they'll try and catch you. But if your a average joe and mind your business then they wont even look twice at you. Well unless you look like a crackhead with ripped up jeans and a dirty @ass shirt then you might have a problem.

Bottom line, if you look like a good kid the police will never think anything bad of you.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    A couple of questions:

1. How did this ex-BF find out about your AAS use? Did the girl tell him? Did you tell her? How did he know your online handle?
    2. How do you *know* he went to the cops? Did he tell you directly or did you hear it from the girl?
    3. What is the relationship between this girl and her ex(?)-boyfriend? Could she be playing her own games?

Sounds like you may have violated a few of the cardinal rules of using AAS, but you're probably okay. Just be cautious for a while and maybe clean house to be extra safe.

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    You have to be careful, even mentioning that you are able get get something can be cosidered trafficing. It is extremely unlikely that they would bother chasing down an (nearly) unidentifyable poster talking about steoids. They woul much rather hang find someone offering a schedule I or II susbtance hich holds some weight behind it
    no, actually mentionin that you can get some doesnt mean crap. and as far as the schedule's go, the number of the schedule's doesnt neccessarily mean they are punished different. a schedule III (anabolic steriods ) can be punished the same as say a schedule I (LSD) just depends on other factors such as amount

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would sue him for slander if you could prove he did this with no evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    A couple of questions:

1. How did this ex-BF find out about your AAS use? Did the girl tell him? Did you tell her? How did he know your online handle?

I am sure it came up with the girl. I dont really need to TELL anyone i am on aas...it is kinda obvious

2. How do you *know* he went to the cops? Did he tell you directly or did you hear it from the girl?

I heard it from the girl...but i do believe her..I guess you will just have to trust me on this one

3. What is the relationship between this girl and her ex(?)-boyfriend? Could she be playing her own games?

She doesnt talk to him anymore, and she doesnt **** me anymore, so she is neutral as far as reasons to play games...it isnt like her and i have any issue

Sounds like you may have violated a few of the cardinal rules of using AAS, but you're probably okay. Just be cautious for a while and maybe clean house to be extra safe.

.................................................. .............

jbarker111 is offline New Member

Wink

Hey guys...I had an odd thing happen to me the other day. A girl who i was ****ing had an ex bf who was a little upset about it. This ass hat, printed posts of mine from another anabolic web site (which I dont post to anymore due to this) and took them to the police telling them that I was a steroid dealer (I am not) The police told him that they really couldnt do anything with the information, but I am still concerned. I am sure that if nothing else he has tipped them off some how.

My question is, how damaging is this really? I mean, can people really just go into the police dept and say wharever they want. Keep in mind, I have never met this kid so EVERYTHING he says would be based on nothing concrete. BUT...can the police really investigate or get a search warrant for something like this? On one hand I am scared, but at the same time, I cannot believe that in America that this is enough to get the police all fired up.

Keep in mind, that my posts on this other site, are all informational. They mention nothing of selling or buying...just how to kind of shit.

Should I be worried? How can I protect myself? Could the police be watching me, and what would they be watching for? Would they be tracking my IP or tapping my phone?

Let me know how big of a deal this is, and if I am just overreacting or should this be a genuine concern. I would hate to have to stop using.

Dude I wouldn't sweat it to much. This isn't even classified as evidence. it would be considered hearsay in court. They wouldn't have enough to find probable cause, which is needed for a judge to issue a warrant. I don't know how big of town you live in but the cops might just keep a eye out for ya. just be cool and you will be fine.

jbarker111 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    Check out your Constitution my friend. Trust me, tapping phone lines and computer use can only be done is they have a warrant. In order for a judge to even look at a warrant, the poice must have probable cause. I think they banned the phone tapping in the late 70's or early 80's if my history is correct.

If you would feel safer then just look up the laws of your state on the internet and it will say it there. Not to worry.
    sorry bro they can still tap your phone, Basically it depends on how liberal the judge is, to whether or not it will happen. They can can sit outside and look in your windows, so keep the blinds closed. It's called plain view doctrine. jsut thought I would tell you in case you are doing some illegal shit with the windows open.

Thread Information