BoxR06 is offline New Member

Question Immune to steroids?

I've heard that roughly 1% of steroid users may find that they are "immune" to them.... What can make one person respond tremendously to steroids while another may not have any reaction at all?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    yeah that essay was written by a guy selling bunk gear. I think he sold it to 10 people @ this school that had 1000 students.

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    yeah that essay was written by a guy selling bunk gear. I think he sold it to 10 people @ this school that had 1000 students.
    LOL

Yea being "immune" to steroids would have many physiological consequences that would be very apparent beforehand, such as femenization etc.

Yeah, that makes sense, but testosterone molecules bind to open receptor sites within muscle cells. This then promotes the production of protein and juicing usually results in more of these receptor sites being filled - thus you have mass gains. Is it possible that some individuals might have some type of chemical makeup that would reject the binding of additional molecules within these cells?! Don't get me wrong tho, I don't claim to know much on this matter, so feel free to correct me if that's far off...

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxR06
    Yeah, that makes sense, but testosterone molecules bind to open receptor sites within muscle cells. This then promotes the production of protein and juicing usually results in more of these receptor sites being filled - thus you have mass gains. Is it possible that some individuals might have some type of chemical makeup that would reject the binding of additional molecules within these cells?! Don't get me wrong tho, I don't claim to know much on this matter, so feel free to correct me if that's far off...
    Now you're getting into a more complicated are of thought. First off the androgen receptor is a transcription factor. Upon binding of testosterone there are a number of events that take place allowing it to be translocated into the nucleus and associate with DNA and co-factors/co-activators to regulate transcription. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're asking if somehow a person can have normal physiological levels of binding but be unresponsive to superphysiological amounts of testosterone in the cell. This is ususally unlikely I would think because to get a decreased signal there would have to be some mutation in the ligand binding domain, or the dna binding domain of the AR which would make it inherently less functional even under normal conditions. Now there are cases of androgen insensitivity syndrome which can vary from low to high insensitivity but these will ususally be acompanied by a lower normal response to begin with. I hope this made sense, my mind is fried right now since I've been cramming for finals for about 100 hours.

nice, very educated response.... What you're saying makes perfect sense... pretty much answers that!

thanks

tod682 is offline Associate Member
    i might be immune to letro

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    The only time I have heard this is when rhGH is used. Some talk of developing antibodies against it, quite rare even if it does occur. Different chemicals effect people in different ways but unless you have a rare medical condition you are not immune to AASs.

Thread Information