mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member

Short Cycles, Do they Work?

Hey bros whats up?
    I just want ur opinion on this one..I believe that all of us have heard from people that they did a cycle of 6-8 weeks and had great results. And when i asked a few of them why did they choose to do such thing, i allaways got the same answer "Why suppress more the receptors since it's proven that u gain most of your gains in the start of a cycle,while the receptors are still <<fresh>>".
    Is this true?
    I mean i have noticed that after week 6 gains are very slow, so is this theory right?
    Also what about pct at the end of such cycles?
    How long should somebody run clomid and nolva (since these 2 are most common for pct) when comming off such a cycle?

everyone is entitled to their own opinion

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Tren , d-bol, drol, t-bol, var, winny and halo works very well in short cycles. With aas like, Primo and Eq I keep gaining until 11-12 weeks, so it all depends what drugs you are using!

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    all depends on the halflife of the gear

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    6-8 week cycle are fine, I like tren /prop.var, you can get some good strength gains

JohnnyB

zircon is offline Junior Member
    I've done 2 weekers. Far below genetic limit they work well. However due to hormone flux I got a lot of acne, possible also due to tren , or simple hormone imbalance after cycle.

It seems 6 weeks is a good spot to stop, as gains subside.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    yes they do work, all depends on the compounds you are going to run

judge_dread is offline Member
    Nelson Montana and L.Rea "push" short cycles stuff (3-5 weeks)...I guess in theory they look good don't know if they do work tho.The basic principle is to overload the system with an injectable along with an oral preferably and then come off maybe even without PCT (at least Montana suggests something like this...)
    Maybe I give it a try cause u have the ability to run many of them in a year.

take a look at this thread -
    Post your Cycle Theory/Hypothesis
    there is some advice about short cycles, there are for the advanced but very intresting reading

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    IMO I think cycles with fast acting esters are ok for 6-8 weeks, I however am against the mini cycles like 2-4 weeks. I do not believe you can keep those(my experience). 6-8 weekers but doing multiple cycles per year will work. I have found that longer cycles work for me 14-16 weeks.

muscels need time to grow i prefer long cycles 12-16 weeks which include test e and deca and kick start with d balls or anadrol !!!!!

insanepump621 is offline Member
    I think short cycles are great and also convient for some quick goals. My last cycle I ran test prop and npp for 8 weeks and gained more then I did on my last cycle of test 250 for 12 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I however am against the mini cycles like 2-4 weeks. I do not believe you can keep those(my experience). .
    i disagree,
    the body grows in spuirts it cant keep growing over weeks, short cycles do work 3-6 weeks cycles then pct for 6 weeks and repeat, alot of pro's do use this method its far easier on the system and recovery is no problem, your body can gain large muscle tissue gains in short periods but it cant keep gaining like this over various weeks, be honest when do you see the most gains in a cycle? its the first few weeks, everybody is different and responds different and i fully understand if you have tried it and its not for you, but it can be done and the results are outstanding, dorian/dillett/nasser were all lovers of this cycling, suppose it all depends what level you are, if your still gaining muscle on the cycling your doing thats fine, but when you come to a sticking point it worth a try, results are amazing

JR.SHRED is offline Associate Member
    Short cycles have never done anything for me but everybody is different

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    6-8 week cycle are fine, I like tren /prop.var, you can get some good strength gains

JohnnyB
    Deff. my next cycles, i've heard good things.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Use short/light esters or frontload the longer/heavier ones...

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    i disagree,
    So you think someone gaining 20lbs in 2-4 weeks will retain those gains after shutting down and then having to pct??? These pro's you talk about... Are you positive they come off? Is it a posibility they still use gh and cruise on smaller doses, then hit the large doses? Where did you read this and do you think they will just tell everyone what they do? Even though you disagree, I have done a 4 week cycle and did not retain hardly anything. Maybe you should lay out one of these pro 3week cycles for us to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    So you think someone gaining 20lbs in 2-4 weeks will retain those gains after shutting down and then having to pct??? These pro's you talk about... Are you positive they come off? Is it a posibility they still use gh and cruise on smaller doses, then hit the large doses? Where did you read this and do you think they will just tell everyone what they do? Even though you disagree, I have done a 4 week cycle and did not retain hardly anything. Maybe you should lay out one of these pro 3week cycles for us to look at.
    yeh meso you can gain and retain all the muscle tissue on short cycles, ive done it and ive looked back over all my cycling and ive built more and kept more gains on short heavy cycling, this is important- people shut down at different stages using different compounds, you have to have the history of knowing how your own bodyhow it works and reacts to different compounds before you attempt this kind of cycling, i didnt try it until i came to a sticking point and the late Paul Borresen said it was time to try these types of cycling, every stack is designing to the individual and yes you do bridge with GH if thats worthit for yourself,but the idea is you hit your receptors hard and they respond and your body will grow at a fast rate (just like babys and teenagers) for short burst's then just before it shuts down or trys to respond to the chemicals you come off, now recovery is easy - short time off the repeat the cycling with different compounds,damage is done to your body and side effects appear because of long cycling your body just cant maintain building muscle over long periods of time, now like ive said before on the other thread there is also a type of training and lifestyle to this cycling its a 24hour commitment, now i did talk to dorian about it when he was friendly with Paul and this is how he did most of his cycling/training high intense for short periods of time, even when your in the recovery stage you actually still gain weight because your body is sceamming to recover from the intense training it is amazing and results are awesome, now i fully understand meso if you have tried it and you didnt keep the gains its not for everyone, i would say its for the advanced bodybuilder who has trained and used gear for numours yrs and wants continued growth at a sticking point,, i have kept a diary on my cycles and gains over the last 14yrs and when i look back its them times when ive hit short heavy intense cycling ive gone past a sticking point and produced new muscle gains, there is a place for it and alot of pro's do this type of cycling (like ive mentioned), all depends what you are looking for and if your happy with the gains and cycling your getting now,each to there own but dont dismiss it,
    Last edited by marcus300; 12-16-2005 at 08:57 AM.

joop is offline Junior Member
    My last 3 cycles have been 4 weekers and I've had great results. I will do a 2-3 more of these and I should be where I wanna be, I'll then switch to 2-3 weekers, with 2x time on = time off, to maintain what I have and perhaps bring up some lagging parts. But yes, all in all, 4 weekers have worked very well for me. Starting another in January

wtf happened to my reply in this thread that I posted earlier today??

Oh, there it is... must have been viewing cached version of thread from before I replied! Whoops

bump

bump t bump more views

crane is offline Associate Member
    i personally like 12 weekers. with prop&tren , but that is just my stupid ass.

i see and feel gains right away but are not noticeble to others until about 4 weeks. after about 9weeks the gains stop so i stay on a few more to maximize and try to keep the pumps and size as long as i can. just my way of thinking. although i get very edgy and emotional off the tren.

Any more inputs? i would like to hear other opinions about this, thanx for your input Guys!

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    A good rule of thumb would be......"The older you are, the shorter the cycle". Age has an impact on recovery....

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    if u use short or non estered compounds eg suspension, then yes they can work, if u read the hypothesis thread, marcus posted an effective way of short cycling, its not for the faint hearted tho.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    if u use short or non estered compounds eg suspension, then yes they can work, if u read the hypothesis thread, marcus posted an effective way of short cycling, its not for the faint hearted tho.
    bump

Thread Information