bazerk is offline Associate Member

Answers Please (for final exam)

What's happening all? I am in my last week of classes, and although most of my finals are almost complete I still have one essay I need to finish. It is a synthesis writing assignment (3+pages). For the most part it's an essay that gives opinion and insight to a common question. I am asking if everyone can help with this, I will post the question and ask that everyone give me their honest answer:

Why would someone start using Anabolic Steroids ?

Thanx ahead of time for all your help.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Steroids will make you look better, That in turn, will make you feel better, and it will show externally. Also, when cycling one is almost forced to eat better and improve sleeping habits. All of these, I would say, equals an overall healthier lifestyle.

This should be "lounged"

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by bazerk
    What's happening all? I am in my last week of classes, and although most of my finals are almost complete I still have one essay I need to finish. It is a synthesis writing assignment (3+pages). For the most part it's an essay that gives opinion and insight to a common question. I am asking if everyone can help with this, I will post the question and ask that everyone give me their honest answer:

Why would someone start using Anabolic Steroids ?

Thanx ahead of time for all your help.
    There are two angles to using anabolic steroids . The first, would be people using steroids for medical reasons, such as HRT, or muscle wasting diseases. The second, those using steroids to improve their bodies and take them passed their natural limits. Im sure theres a plethora of reasons for people to start using, but I think those are the two main reasons summarized.

TinTin78 is offline Member
    Selfesteem issues at first I think is the most common one, not being happy by the way you are created. I think alot of pressure from media and so create this longing to become something you think everybody would like you more for. In the end I don't think you get liked or loved for any mass or physice you have, but the one you are inside that shines through and make you glow and spread joy around you.

My own story started at young age being kinda chubby, always feeling bad about my body and weight. I had alot of friends and they were all thinner than me so I started to workout. I thought muscle was the way to get more happiness and feel better about myself. In the end I have been through alot of different things in my life. And I must say that I don't have selfesteem issues anymore, I feel very happy about myself. The thing is that I don't think the muscle gave me my real selfesteem. I really like who I am nowadays and it has very little to do with my muscles. I was very thin just a couple of years ago, going through some hard times. Sometimes I really like the thin look as much as the muscle look, it's just a different look. Some types of clothes are better worn by those with less muscle and some look cooler with muscle, but in the end I think everyone is needed just the way they are. It would be a very boring world if everyone ran around looking the same, ripped muscle look, and all focused upon the body.

I think we wouldn't have much things invented or any medicals at all to use if it weren't for some small thin dudes that just sat in a lab all day and did what they love to do, invent new medicals and other very nice stuff. I don't say that big guys can't invent things, it's just if you make training your whole life, there will not be room for so many other things. It just takes up to much energy to have total control of dinners and rest and training so you can't do much more after that.

I know everybody have their own reasons, like being teased because they were small and got in fights they could not handle, the list is endless probably. My main message here is that I never judge anybody by their looks, I love all kinds of humans, tall short, fat small, muscles no muscles. I just hope everybody could see the really nice features every man and woman have on this planet. Nobody have it all, but everyone has something, it's just very selfish to want it all, not accepting life for what it is. A challenge that is to be met with the tools we get, and handle it without feeling to sorry for ourselfs.

My main focus for training right now is none of the above, not chicks, not to be biggest, not to be able to fight, not a selfesteem issue anymore, nowadays I just think it is a hell of alot fun and I haven't even thought about my reason why I want to juice, I have none, I just want to do it in some weird way.

A long mess, sorry, but that's how I feel about it all

Great Responses, I love it. Very thoughtful, and insigtful. Keep 'em coming.

Come on peeps, help a brother out.

Stone is offline New Member
    Bro, that about sums up the majority of reasons why.
    There comes a time in all bodybuilders devolpment where they realize that in order to progress any further, then drugs (AAS, hGH, IGF-!, insulin , etc...) are the only way left. Once you have hit your genetic limit for growth, then the only way to continue to add size is the addition of these drugs. It takes supraphysiologic levels of hormones to achieve supraphysiologic levels of size.
    You will see that most reasons people give are personal ones. Since there is very little money to be made as a professional bodybuilder, taking drugs to simply get good enough to win and get paid is very uncommon. This is somewhat uncommon in all sports, but I'm sure that in the super high paying sports like baseball and footbal, some athletes take these drugs to get good enough to get payed the big bucks. For most (especially bodybuilders), it is the desire to be the best, or to win that fuels this use.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    For the bitches!

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive watched wrestling since i was 2, and have forever looked up to people who had huge muscles, been in awe of them. wen i was very young if i was to draw pictures of people, they would always have muscles, and naturally by the time i was 12 id started down the gym. i was a chubby kid, and hated it, but didnt really have any major self esteem issues, just wanted to be a wrestler and be muscular. im 20 now, most people turn their heads at me as i walk down the street because of the shape my body is. i was like that anyway, but steroids have made a big difference. i have used steroids on and off for the last year or so, maybe alittle young to start i know, but what is done is done, and i love training, eating, planning my courses, researching and want to continue turning heads. i want another 28 pounds of muscle on my 5'8 frame. i have wrestled professionally in england, but not for about 2 years, im just in the process of starting again. my physique, even at 15-18 years old, before steroids, helped me with making an impact on the UK scene, so when i return i will make more of a splash

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Didnt even actually read this last post... I thought it was the crybaby tintin

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Androgens have numerous uses in medicine and veterinary medicine including, but not limited too, bulking up cattle, regulating menstral cyles (in dogs for ex), anemia, HRT, trauma, esp post surgery, boosting collagen synthesis, fighting estrogen dependent tumors, osteoperosis, HIV+, and a bunch of other crap i can't think off the top of my head right now.

As for there extramedical application: strength, decrease fat mass vs. fat free mass, aggressivness, speed, recovery, better feed efficiency (better use of macros, vitamins, and minerals by the body), muscle preservation during calorie deficient periods, etc

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    There are two angles to using anabolic steroids. The first, would be people using steroids for medical reasons, such as HRT, or muscle wasting diseases. The second, those using steroids to improve their bodies and take them passed their natural limits. Im sure theres a plethora of reasons for people to start using, but I think those are the two main reasons summarized.
    I totally agree with his angle! There would be less people alive today that have needed steroids for medical purposes if they didn't have the steroids! For example premature babies, muscle weaknesses form wrecks ect., allergic reactions, lung problems, and there is a lot more things on the medical end. Now on the bobdybuilders end there are a lot of reasons people use and all that have been posted are great reasons. People use steroids to get rid of extra fat and build muscle, skinny people wanting to get bigger, self esteem issues, to pass their natural limits, curiousity, and many other great reasons. I know many people that have taken steroids for both reasons.

Awesome guys, keep em coming and thanx. I'm sure to get an A.

lifter540 is offline Junior Member
    good way to get alot of info bro, too bad i cant use all this info for my damn macroecon final tomm....

So I can beat the shit outta 5 guys if they try and steal my SUV.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE

Next time I`m in New York,I will look out for you.

goose4..............

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh gotta love NY. Wish I could get out there more often. CT is a hop skip and jump away

They don't steal cars in CT? Ever been to New Haven? Bridgeport? Ahaha.

BigGerman is offline New Member
    Being brutally strong cuts a lot of the BS out of everyday life. Punks cross the street to steer clear of me at night, but most women don't. Street hustlers and con men don't even come up to me anymore--the cost of fvcking around with someone like me is just too high. I saw some young guys threatening an old guy and his wife at the mall the other day. In a quiet voice I had a quick conversation with them, and they decided to leave the old couple alone and scram. I didn't have to make any threats, I just gave them instructions on what they were going to do next. I'm not superman, but I can afford to take more risks to help people out--for example, I can stop to help people on the side of the road all the time, and I don't worry about much. Being fierce is a civilizing force in society--I don't get roid rage , and people tend to feel the need to respect each other around me. OK, I'm off the couch now--that's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by BigGerman; 12-14-2005 at 12:41 PM.

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    I would be sure to include actual statistics concerning a persons size as it relates to success. I know that sounds dumb, but, it's been proven that a white american male who is physically in shape (going by apperance alone) is more likely to be successful than any other person. Especially during an interview.

Also, you might want to include professional athletes salaries and make a comparison to what the "average" income is for the average working man.

Another thing you could include straight from recent events is "Tookie" Williams. Apparently he started that group, the crips, because he was a scrawny kid that got beat up alot.

Hope that helps!
    Good Luck

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lifter540
    good way to get alot of info bro, too bad i cant use all this info for my damn macroecon final tomm....

i know where your comming from i had microeconomics last semester taught to me by a russian alcoholic.... scary to say the least.

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    OOPS, I guess I should have thoroughly read your posting.
    ...I'm such a dumb ass
    Good luck none the less!

Thread Information