IMBIGRU is offline Banned

Boxing Contest!!!! Cycyling and trainning???

Ok question>>>> ( the boxing contest consist of 3 ...1 min rounds... with 40 second breaks between rounds .....do u think cycling will efect my frineds wind/staminia?? My friends Use to be a powerlifter/strong man he could bench 550 squat 750 and deadlift 700 pluse..at 220lbs he is about 5'10and about 13 % BF. He lives in Japan and is in the service ....He wants to cycle up untill the boxing contest...he weights 222 right now and he is getting trainned by a professional boxing coach.( his boxing coach says he is to muscular ( but **** getting skinny)lol ..wind seems to be the problem...staminia!!! do u think cutting weight will help his wind?? he has just started his cycling he is using

800 mg test a week 200 mg or Deca a week and 200 mg of EQ a week

... do u think he should cut back... also he wants to run Adipex for about 14 days...just to cut up and lean out ,.... do u think this will help his wind?? or hurt?? Adipex is a awesome cutting drug,,... I dont know why more people dont use it...he has been boxing at night and he is going to run springs 3 days a week... he Likes the deca cuase he has some knee and foot pain and it helps....
    he can sparr like 12 round of easy boxing but when he picks it up...to the pace he needs to fight at in the boxing contest he gets winded..I was thinking of running adipex for 14 days...like now...and stopping before the contest a few weeks ( the adipex will lean me out ...but some times u can get dehydrated... during the work out on the stuff... do u think the Adipex will hurt his wind...or help...I think he needs to be lighter... Strength will not be a problem...but wind will ... I was watching the UFC today ...and those guys are light/...even the heavys are lean... so ui think being lighter or leaner will help him.. he could come in at 208 or so...the problem is he is so bad at diets and he leaves the house at 6am to go to the military base and gets back at 9 pm...no time to eat... he knows its wrong but he has been eating 2 meals a day and he needs to eat 7... he has a ton of protien to make shakes ( got it and never used it) Like 5 jugs...the stuff makes him gain weight....He is not sure he need to probably cut the test down to 200 mg a week or so or 400 mg a week...anyway he needs to run sprint up untill the contest...but his feet and knees hurt some times...so ...give me some Ideas so I can help my friend.. also he wants to rund celebrex will that make him retain to much water and hurt his wind

Bump the equipoise up to 600mgs and lose the deca . Equipoise helps stamina.

He has kept the deca cause he likes the way it helps his joint pain

Steroids cut down on the recovery time necessary between workouts. You can train harder and expect greater muscle gains because of your increased intensity. In boxing however, cellular growth is not the primary objective. Boxers must increase strength while staying within the confines of their weight class. The boxer must train to increase ligament and tendon strength while initiating a response from a maximum number of motor units. The boxer can thus gain speed, power and explosiveness.

[John continued to say that steroids would make a fighter more susceptible to knockout]. Steroids cause an increase in blood flow and blood pressure, while reducing the body’s ability to clot blood. This equates to a fighter that is less able to go the distance and more vulnerable to knockout. John added that a problem with many trainers is their failure to understand the true science of conditioning. Each athlete is unique, thus requires a unique conditioning and nutritional program. Many trainers wish to help their athletes, but their actions often come back to hurt them. This may have been the case with someone from Fernando’s camp.

The Proper Way
    Let’s put steroids aside and concentrate on the proper way to train for boxing. A boxer's objective is to maximize power and explosiveness, while maintaining his ideal fighting weight. Consider Kermit Cintron, John commented that his body fat is between 2 ½ and 3%. He added that body fat is not an important energy source for the boxer due to the sport’s anaerobic nature. “Kermit has the lean muscle mass of a guy 2 weight classes ahead of him.” This is one of the reasons that Kermit has been so explosive with his punching ability. Of Kermit’s 17 victories, 16 have come by knockout

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    you gonna give credit for the statements youve copied and paste or claim them as your own? your post is all over the place, kinda hard to follow. if he wants to do well at boxing, he should atleast listen to his coach. the coach says he is too muscular, so instead of either cutting back or just maintaining what he has (which i would prefer myself, as id hate to lose muscle) he goes on a cycle which will make him bigger. i predict he wont do very well at boxing

I did cut and past it...just thought you guys might think it was worth reading... I kinda agree with Tim but the coach is 75 yrs old and he hates lifting and lifters... besides he is trainning for a contest that is 3 .... 1 min rounds and the guys has some of the most explosive punches and one in the boxing gym has ever seen... he can throw upper cuts...I think its cause his legs are so strong

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    ah well fair points there. if there are only 3 rounds there will not be as much of an issue. didnt realise the coach was like that. i stand down

Franco was a powerlifter and strong man also... He almost won the world strongest man contest at 190 lbs but he dropped a refridorator on his knee.. Powerlifting is a sport where u have to be Lb for lb explosive at 3 lifts....squat...bench ... deadlift...anyway my friend was a college wrestler/football player and then he got into powerlifting after he was out of college because he still wanted to compete...but he does not like the fact that in powerlifting there in no Cardio involved....so he started boxing 2 days a week just for the cardio part...but enjoyed it so much he has kinda backed off the lifting and has been boxing,,, he is 33 yrs old ...so its kinda late for him to box...but he does want to do well at this Toughman Contest.... also he boxed when he was a kid and did it growing up...at a real boxing gym... but right now he has no wind....

Needle_Newb is offline Junior Member
    Franco almost won ? Have you even watched it ? He wasn't close and he broke his leg running with the fridge on his back, not dropping it on his knee. Franco is the biggest prick ever. He kept claiming that it's not broken (it clearly was) it's just dislocated, he knows, he's a chiropractor. Years later he sued the Worlds Strongestman which terminated the show. Douglas Edmunds came back a year later and got it going again under new administration.

It was his choice for competing in the worlds strongestman and it was his choice for running with the fridge on his back. To sue for doing something using your own free will makes you a jerk. Franco should be forgotten.

ok

ok big boy

Thread Information