Thread: DOMS and AAS

vein-x is offline Associate Member

DOMS and AAS

When training on anabolics, does DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) make a big difference? If you're lifting heavy like say... flat bench, flat DB presses, incline flyes, incline bench press... and you're not sore the next day, does that mean you didn't hit them right??? I'm reading a thread at another forum, and the guy asks a similar question. By post #2 or 3 I would've thought I'd see "soreness doesn't matter, it's how heavy you went" but in all 16 posts, nothing.

I guess my question is, if I go heavy for a couple sets of Bench Press for example like this:

Set # | Weight | Reps

1 | 250 | 9
    2 | 225 | 7
    3 |200 | 4-6
    **Then really quickly drop the weight and do more sets**
    4 | 150 | failure
    5 | 135 | failure

Will that hit pecs better than 3 heavy sets... or 6-7 moderate sets with a good pump? I've been training heavy for 3+ year (natural) and getting good gains, but is the training on AAS any different? Any special on-cycle training methods you use?

I'm hittin' the gym tomorrow, so any replies tonight would be appreciated.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I actually don't get nearly as sore the next day while on cycle. What the reason may be, I don't know...

Smiley619 is offline Member
    soreness doesnt indicate a good workout some time. but yeah i noticed i didnt get as sore as i did when training nat. but then again it could have all been all in my head.

madflabby is offline Associate Member
    #1. Why are you starting heavy and working lighter?

#2. Why are you only hitting flat bench? Incline is where its at.

#3. You should recover much faster while on AAS and your DOMS shouldn't be as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619
    soreness doesnt indicate a good workout some time. but yeah i noticed i didnt get as sore as i did when training nat. but then again it could have all been all in my head.
    I see, so do you reccommend lifting very heavy for low reps, then drop set (pyramid-down) to lower weights for more reps to burn the muscle? Or straight sets of heavy weight? Moderate weight?

Also, on-cycle do you find yourself using shorter rest periods inbetween sets, or longer? I always feel like I can get another set in within 30 seconds of my last one, but I usually read 60 seconds minimum. Any changes I should make for on-cycle training?

I lift Heavy reps, 4-8 flat bench, decline bench, incline flys, decline flys, db bench/incline/decline, cable flys, cable most muscular, pick 3-4 of these and do them heavy weight, i guarntee ur gonna be hurrrtin for 3+ days.

Pyramid By Reps not by weight. Keep your 250 on the bench, Do 9 reps, then 6, then 4.

i do a heavy week then light week some times. every one has what they think works best and will tell you, but the only way to find out what really works for you is trial and erorr. if dropping weight and increasing reps works for you go for it!

and why are you asking questions with a avi like that??lol it looks like you know everyting already and ready to take over the world!

Thread Information