Thread: cardio + AAS

xxterxx is offline Associate Member

cardio + AAS

i was thinking of doing cardio every morning while on cutting cycle of test susp and winny.... need i drink whey isolate shake before cardio..or just do it in totally empty stomach? many people recommend to drink whey shake.. but then again..they are natural..

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    alot of people say just empty stomach, but next cuttin period ima drink protein before. just make sure there's no carbs in it..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you want to risk gluconeogenisis and burning of amino acids (protein) for fuel, then go ahead.

If your nutritional protocol is impeccable the other 23 hours of the day and you are doing the correct form of cardio for lipolysis, you need not have anything before cardio.

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you want to risk gluconeogenisis and burning of amino acids (protein) for fuel, then go ahead.

If your nutritional protocol is impeccable the other 23 hours of the day and you are doing the correct form of cardio for lipolysis, you need not have anything before cardio.

~SC~

Exactly, this will do absolutely nothing. Protein before cardio is worthless. Plus if you are on cycle muscle loss won't be an issue.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxterxx
    i was thinking of doing cardio every morning while on cutting cycle of test susp and winny.... need i drink whey isolate shake before cardio..or just do it in totally empty stomach? many people recommend to drink whey shake.. but then again..they are natural..
    Eat 5mgs of Glutamine before your cardio on empty stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    Eat 5mgs of Glutamine before your cardio on empty stomach.

Again, this is pointless. Glutamine is worthless on top of all that.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Again, this is pointless. Glutamine is worthless on top of all that.
    U love Glutamine atleast that's what u told me Giantz

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    For a LONG but thorough debate on the merits of early morning fasted cardio, see here: http://www.t - nation.com/readTopic.do?id=835725

[note - due to url filtering, you'll need to remove the spaces before and after the hyphen in the above url]
    Last edited by Maetenloch; 12-15-2005 at 12:21 PM.

xxterxx is offline Associate Member

~SC~
    bro SC, is 65% of your max heart rate the correct cardio for lipolysis? thanks

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member

~SC~
    since gluconeogenesis is occuring anyways in the morning how would it be made worse if some one drank a shake when waking up? I was thinking that maybe it could prevent muscle catabolism since gluconeogenesis is happening anyway. In fastin as in morning fattyacids are used as energy and the glycerol bound in the triglyceride (thats where the fatty acids get released) is used in gluconeogenesis and on top of that glucogenic amino acids are also used in gluconeogenesis.. I am not saying u r wrong (prolly arent) but I would like to hear why would a protein shake shift this balance to be more catabolic to the muscles than going with an empty stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    since gluconeogenesis is occuring anyways in the morning how would it be made worse if some one drank a shake when waking up? I was thinking that maybe it could prevent muscle catabolism since gluconeogenesis is happening anyway. In fastin as in morning fattyacids are used as energy and the glycerol bound in the triglyceride (thats where the fatty acids get released) is used in gluconeogenesis and on top of that glucogenic amino acids are also used in gluconeogenesis.. I am not saying u r wrong (prolly arent) but I would like to hear why would a protein shake shift this balance to be more catabolic to the muscles than going with an empty stomach.
    I think what Swole's sayin is if you are waking up and doing AM cardio why take the protein shake? What will it do? Well what it will do is get converted to glucose, via gluconeogensis and be burned off an energy. So why take it, its not needed at all. Lost intensity cardio is not catabolic and that myth needs to end. Do AM cardio on an empty stomach. Period.

thanks giant.. one more thing .. does this AM cardio have to be low intensity or will it turn catabolic otherwise.. I like doing my cardio so that the first 20 minutes is high intensity so that I could increase my aerobic performance..

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    if you are waking up and doing AM cardio why take the protein shake? What will it do? Well what it will do is get converted to glucose, via gluconeogensis and be burned off an energy. So why take it, its not needed at all. Lost intensity cardio is not catabolic and that myth needs to end. Do AM cardio on an empty stomach. Period.

Perfectly said

fanatic is offline Member
    Empty stomach is what i've always heard, but I wouldnt do it. Protein before is a good idea.

conflicting opinion ok.. but some reasoning behind please..

thanks giant.. one more thing .. does this AM cardio have to be low intensity or will it turn catabolic otherwise.. I like doing my cardio so that the first 20 minutes is high intensity so that I could increase my aerobic performance..

Yes keep the intensity low or you will risk muscle loss. If you want to do Higher intensity's just make sure you eat a nice pro/carb meal before hand and if you're short on time, you could easily do a shake.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic
    Empty stomach is what i've always heard, but I wouldnt do it. Protein before is a good idea.
    Ok bro......

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic

You must have not read half of this thread huh?

If looking for fat loss always remember duration over intensity. By running a little bit longer over a managable speed you will burn more fat and preserve muscle. That's why heart rate is so dearly important to monitor.......

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    always done cardio 1st thing on an empty stomache!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    If looking for fat loss always remember duration over intensity. By running a little bit longer over a managable speed you will burn more fat and preserve muscle. That's why heart rate is so dearly important to monitor.......
    Since cardio performance is also important for me Ive made a sorta compromise.. the first 20 minutes I do high intensity and from there I do another 20-25 minutes of lower intensity cycling or sumin..

Since cardio performance is also important for me Ive made a sorta compromise.. the first 20 minutes I do high intensity and from there I do another 20-25 minutes of lower intensity cycling or sumin..

OK, here's what i think of that. Those first high intensity 20 minutes will hopefully result in depleting Glyco stores in your body. Thus making way for fat loss when performing another 20-25 minutes of low intensity. OK thats good but here is what I think is better. Doing a low intensity (THR) cardio regimen after resistence training. Therefore after training you will already be glyco depleted and ready to burn some fat. BUT that is for work out days. You may just be referring to a non workout day. Or do you do this all the time Hippo?

fanatic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    You must have not read half of this thread huh?
    No I guess not. I was in a hurry and thought I got the main parts. Sorry.

Thread Information