Doberman is offline Associate Member

Steroids and Depression?

I know steroids themselves dont cause users depression but rather the rebound in estrogen you get while off them.I want to know though as someone who has had depression/anxiety for a number of years and currenly has it controlled with SSRI's if this particular side effect of using juice can be eleminated/bought to a minimum with proper PCT? I'd also be very intrested to hear of any guys out there who live with depression/anxiety and still juice? or is it something that should be avoided at all costs if you suffer from the above conditions?

chest6 is offline Banned
    shutting down your natural testosterone production can also lead to depression.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    AAS + SSRI together has been proven to help men overcome depression. I've read this a few times. Low test levels like chest said causes depression. Your body needs a certain balance of hormones for homeostasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    AAS + SSRI together has been proven to help men overcome depression. I've read this a few times. Low test levels like chest said causes depression. Your body needs a certain balance of hormones for homeostasis.

Thanks' im aware of low-test and depression, my test levels have been checked and are normal however.

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    i always feel depressed when i come off a cycle, dont know weather its becasue of the hormones or because i know i start finding training very hard in the next few weeks and all gains will start to end

djoc is offline Junior Member
    I have had anxiety problems for years. It used to be really bad a couple of years ago I mean real bad so I went on these pills called effexor. They have helped alot, I have also done 3 cycles In this time period. The only problem I found was when I was taking dbols and test I had bad problems sleeping ( bassicaly insomniac) so that would give me more anxiety. But right now I feel ok I guess it really matters how bad the depression or anxiety really is.

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    alot of it is controllable.....Make yourself aware of it, then overcome it.. this is harder for some I realize, but it helps...

coose is offline New Member
    I agree with goalseeker,you must be aware of why it's occurring, depression usually comes with coming off a cycle, because you start noticing a decrease in everything, sex drive, gains deminish a little, it's depressing, you no longer feel like superman, and it's hard especially if you have problems with anxiety and depression as already, stay positive, you have to be happy with yourself on the inside before you can be happy with yourself on the outside. (psych major)

Some good informative info there guys.Do you think that as long as one continues to take anti-depressive med's while on and off cycle for PCT that little/no increase in depression would happen more than one feels in thier normal day to day life?

Reason im worried is my shrink told me that if one has a major deppressive episode that you cant always get back to the level of wellness you were having BEFORE the episode i.e it stays worse for life!!!?
    Last edited by Doberman; 12-16-2005 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doberman
    Some good informative info there guys.Do you think that as long as one continues to take anti-depressive med's while on and off cycle for PCT that little/no increase in depression would happen more than one feels in thier normal day to day life?

Reason im worried is my shrink told me that if one has a major deppressive episode that you cant always get back to the level of wellness you were having BEFORE the episode i.e it stays worse for life!!!?

I would say that depends on each person and how you let things linger in your mind. I've been there and probably I still am with a recent break up of a 5 year relationship. I know I will find another person most likely better than the last one but you have to go thru this period to eventually become healthy again. My personal solution? Date other women and have a good time. Attack the issues and start on the path to your well being because that's what's really important. You're happy then people around you are happy. That's my best advice.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard that Depression is Anger turned inward. I think you have to learn not to dwell on anger or guilt. Both are useless emotions.

MJ

Stay strong brutha....I dont know why someone would say that to you, but I have been through it, and read other posts where people have come through it BETTER than before.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    I've heard that Depression is Anger turned inward. I think you have to learn not to dwell on anger or guilt. Both are useless emotions.

MJ
    I agree

musclehead1 is offline Member
    a bro of mine was one anti-ds for 10 years off and on and the las few years he was on constantly...he finally tapered down and then he hit up a cycle of test at a low dose that was over a year ago and now he feeling shit again he said but when he went back on his anti-ds he said he wasnt feeling that great and that the test made him feel way better.

theres a chance that you can be at the lower end of the normal range and your doc just told you that your test levels are normal. and perhaps that "book value" lower end of normal isnt within your normal range!

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    a bro of mine was one anti-ds for 10 years off and on and the las few years he was on constantly...he finally tapered down and then he hit up a cycle of test at a low dose that was over a year ago and now he feeling shit again he said but when he went back on his anti-ds he said he wasnt feeling that great and that the test made him feel way better.

theres a chance that you can be at the lower end of the normal range and your doc just told you that your test levels are normal. and perhaps that "book value" lower end of normal isnt within your normal range!

Wow! first off thanks everyone for such positive comments regarding my deppression much appreciated

Hi Muscle Head,

When I first heard of the symptoms of low-test I thought quite a few of them applied to me So I went and got some blood work done just in case.My score came back as
    23.2 nmol/L for total free testosterone out of a lab range of 9-30 nmol/L which I think is in the "high"-normal range? This was while on a semi-keto diet so that may effect results as well.But as far as im aware the above score looks like it's ok?

Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    Stay strong brutha....I dont know why someone would say that to you, but I have been through it, and read other posts where people have come through it BETTER than before.....

Well done goalseeker im glad to hear your on the road to recovery now.

Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member
    I know steroids themselves dont cause users depression but rather the rebound in estrogen you get while off them.I want to know though as someone who has had depression/anxiety for a number of years and currenly has it controlled with SSRI's if this particular side effect of using juice can be eleminated/bought to a minimum with proper PCT? I'd also be very intrested to hear of any guys out there who live with depression/anxiety and still juice? or is it something that should be avoided at all costs if you suffer from the above conditions?

dude, you need to make sure you are in good mental health before you do roids... roids can only make it worse... for instance, i have anger issues because i let everything bother me and im ready to fight everybody... roids would only shorten my fuse a lot more and get me put in jail... so, before i go on my cycle, i'm going to find that balance and try to understand why i get so pissed at little sh**. its the same with depression. if you are depressed, you need to take some time to do some introspection... your gains will only be as good as your mental strength... life is too short to be pissed off all the time or depressed about sh**...

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle_4_Hire
    dude, you need to make sure you are in good mental health before you do roids... roids can only make it worse... for instance, i have anger issues because i let everything bother me and im ready to fight everybody... roids would only shorten my fuse a lot more and get me put in jail... so, before i go on my cycle, i'm going to find that balance and try to understand why i get so pissed at little sh**. its the same with depression. if you are depressed, you need to take some time to do some introspection... your gains will only be as good as your mental strength... life is too short to be pissed off all the time or depressed about sh**...
    Good advice.

I've taken citolopram (Celexa) with juice and I had great effects. My sense of well being was great but I know that has to do more with the androgens.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    i do well with test dbol ect on my meds, tren and deca get a little scetchy though. just be carefull pay attention to your moods if you start to shut down and distance yourself you need to force yourself out and do things even more then normal.

Sea junk whats up bro LTNS.

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    Sea junk whats up bro LTNS.

Ahhh, what up brutha? Thanks for asking. I'm done with PCT as of a 3 weeks ago and I'm just waiting for my next cycle in a few weeks. It's fugggin hard waiting but I know I have to do it. I should really wait until Feb 1st since my last cycle ran into 5 months. It's hard kid, believe me. I can't wait to pump in some test and EQ. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! But I'm getting great workouts naturally. I've been using that new creatine ethyl-ester and it works great. I can't use regular creatine as it bloats me into something terrible with splitting headaches. This new shit is great. I'm eating ultra clean with 200-250mgs protein ed. Sometimes I drink too many protein shakes and fart. I feel left out cuz I'm not sauced right now but I know I'm doing the right thing. I had a great arm workout tonight. I'm now doing bis/tris together only. I was pushing 5 plates a side on the Hammer tri push downs. It's hard getting your legs anchored to do them when you only weigh 196lbs. I'm getting pumps off that ethyl-ester stuff.

good to hear, keep after it brutha we gotta represent for the 253/206/360!

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    good to hear, keep after it brutha we gotta represent for the 253/206/360!
    Ohhhh, don't forget about the 425. East side.

Damn, it's cold outside these days. My BF is a lot lower than last year so now I get colder than a mofo. My gas bill is going to be high this month.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 12-17-2005 at 12:19 AM.

Well done goalseeker im glad to hear your on the road to recovery now.
    I actually helped a good friend through it.. and we did make it through... anytime I might have felt it trying to get me, I said, NO WAY.. and beat it.. just goes to show you that it can be done...
    peace

Wingzwin is offline New Member

Anxiety

I had a really bad case of anxiety after i had injected Finaplex a few times. I guess it all depends on how exactly your body reacts to certain Roids. Using sustenon and dbol , i usually never recieve negative results, but it seems like deca , and Finaplex have a tendency to cause more depression. all i know is that if it gets really bad, you still do not need to use the SSRI's. SSRI's are a very addictive thing to get caught up on, especially when all you really need to do is to get out all your problems by simply talking to another person.

djoc is offline Junior Member

wrong spelling

I feel I should let someone know about my experience. I dont mean to hijack anyoneones thread. I really dont. I just wish there was someone who told me how they where feeling, when I was going through my probs. Man For years I was thinking I was going crazy , just from everyday stuff, I would have problems even going to the mall, I would almost pass out. Now I tried to tell myself I was ok cause I knew I was phsicaly fit. But it had so much to do with mental stuff. If I could offer any advise to you it would be to see how important it is to you to do ass? Then only after that plan your cycle with your doctors help... cause it could help you or do damage.. I wish you the best of luck.. If you have any quest pm me oh ya Iand I wanted to ad that for 2 years I thought I was going nuts. Man I know how it feels, this site has helped me so much just keep reading. Man ive been there its hard I know just keep positive, Im so glad there are places like this. I m just kinda rambling on and Im sorry but this is the first time Ive ever spoke about my prob so Its kinda libberating.. Thankyou for listening and I hope it helps someone else . Alot of people dont know how much ther responses mean. Its kinda weak to be talking about this kinda thing, but Ive been silent for years and anyone who is going throug bad anxiety, you need to deal with it before ass. I went through a personal hell. Like I said in an other thread these type of places help so much . Even if people dont think so, they are responding to someone who is looking for help. Anyway I thank all the mods and members for there ongoing help...Dave
    Last edited by djoc; 12-17-2005 at 08:17 AM.

dirtyi730 is offline Associate Member
    so how did you overcome it droc?

Ripp3D is offline Junior Member
    I take about 1mg of xanax everyday. Works for me...

dirtyi730 is offline Associate Member
    weed and xanax, no depression there

Ripp3D is offline Junior Member
    I have anxiety and dont know why, chemical imbalance i guess. Xanax has done wonders for me and makes me feel normal, it is a muscle relaxer as well. I had anxiety before cycling so no relation there. And the weed well thats an enjoy in moderation experience about once a month type of thing, which is also a muscle relaxer. I used clen before and glad I had my xanax on hand or i would of freaked out. Dont recommend it if you are prone to anxiety. As far as depression goes i dont have any problems on or off juice, although some people get confused as a relation of taking xanax and depression.

Thread Information