Stupot is offline New Member

Swelling after injection

Hi

Can anyone give me some advise?

I am new to injecting steroids , and have been doing a lot of research over the last few months regarding this.
    I am now on my second week and injected in the buttocks for the first time myself on the second shot (A friend who is experienced in this injected me the first time). I now have a mild swelling around the injection area. Is it normal to sometimes have a slight swelling after the injection.
    Its not painful, but i don't recall the swelling when my friend did the first injection.
    Have I done something wrong, or is it expected to have a slight amount of swelling a few days after?

I am taking sus250 1 shot a week.

Thanks

snowfox is offline Associate Member
    Try warming up the vial a little bit so it's nice and warm. Also try not to inject too fast. A little bit of swelling is not abnormal as long as it goes away in a couple of days.

If the swelling starts to turn red and warm then you should worry.

Swelling is indeed abnormal. It means you didn't do it right. Your cycle is garbage (but I won't bother with that) and ask your friend to walk you through it again. In over 20 years of gearing, I've had swelling once, that's right, once. And it was an abcess (not saying you have an abcess).

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    There are a few reasons why you have some swelling:

The muscle fescia is not stretched as this was your first injections. So this would cause some swelling. - Not a problem

You didn't go deep enough and some or all of the oil is in the fatty layers between your skin and muscle. _ This could become a problem.

Some compounds cause a little pain because of the amount of solvents used, or the powder crystalizes in the injection area. - Not a problem but could cause discomfort and a little swelling.

Take a hot shower before you shoot up. Run gear under very warm water for a few minutes before you pull it into the plunger.

Thread Information