sebastiano is offline New Member
    i like to know if steroids are dangerous for the heart ???
    Last edited by sebastiano; 01-25-2006 at 04:29 AM.

i know it can enlarge the heart, but this can also occur naturally over time through training

Steroids can cause high blood pressure which adversely can be dangerous to the heart.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    ive read that the only really serious long term danger of steroids is that it will cause large scale build up of cholesterol in your veins. i suppose this would make sense being as testosterone is made from cholesterol. thats why its important to try to eat as little saterated fat and cholesterol as possible while on cycle, or anytime for that matter.

bigJJ is offline Member
    Every athethlete experienceses enlargement of the heart. Think about it... The heart is a muscle. The more you exersise a muscle the stronger and larger it becomes. That is just part of athletics. In recent years it has been used in the anti-steroid propaganda programme.

Every athelete has an enlarged heart, compared to the general public. It's just an evolutionary action, that alowes the athelete to perform at a higher level.

Now, if your question is really about steroid useage, I'll repeat what I've said before...

How likely is it permanent damage will be done while on a typical first cycle?

Provided:

1.) You are over or about age 25

2.) Your first cycle is reasonable (dosages, compounds, etc...)

3.) You are educated as to how to properly come off the cycle (proper PCT)

4.) Your ancillary drugs and supplements compliment the compounds you have been using.

5.) The length of your first cycle is reasonable (less than 15 weeks)

6.) Your diet is commiserate with your goals.

With all of that taken into account, permanent damage being done to your body is exceedingly remote. Many would have you believe otherwise, but the simple fact is that there is no conclusive evidence that short term, conscientious usage of steroids is, in any way, harmful to your body. The evidence simply isn't there. In fact, it's quite the opposite. There are many un-official studies done by individuals that use their own bodies as "test subjects". Some for many years at a time. As of today, there have been no long or short term damages attributed to sensible usage of steroids.

The glorified horror stories that are often trumpeted in the media about the horrors of steroids, are typically related to unfortunate teenagers. Uneducated kids that have no business using these drugs in the first place.

As with any radical medical therapy, education is of the utmost importance.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    to me safe steroid use would include frequent blood tests. there are some potential risks included IMO. but sensible approach can minimize the risks..

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastiano
    i like to know if steroids are dangerous for the heart ???
    YES! They can be very dangerous to your heart, other body parts and health in general. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. They are only for the well informed, which based on your question you clearly are not. Work out hard and eat right...visit the diet forum.

M.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigJJ
    1.) You are over or about age 25

2.) Your first cycle is reasonable (dosages, compounds, etc...)

3.) You are educated as to how to properly come off the cycle (proper PCT)

4.) Your ancillary drugs and supplements compliment the compounds you have been using.

5.) The length of your first cycle is reasonable (less than 15 weeks)

6.) Your diet is commiserate with your goals.

This is how i decided to do my first "real"/educated cycle which i am starting in Jan. I turn 25 in a few days. I have never thought i'd be so happy and depressed about turning 25 (IM OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

Ill save someone the reply and do it myself

haha

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    ive read that the only really serious long term danger of steroids is that it will cause large scale build up of cholesterol in your veins. i suppose this would make sense being as testosterone is made from cholesterol. thats why its important to try to eat as little saterated fat and cholesterol as possible while on cycle, or anytime for that matter.
    Have to agree. My cholesterol shot up through the roof!!!

was that with what compounds? I dont agree with the logic of tren bull though.. To my knowledge the test in ur veins wont turn into cholesterol. The lipoprotein synthesis is disturbed on a cycle (especially orals), ur LDL rises and the good cholesterol lowers. Since good cholesterol is what transports cholesterol back from peripheral parts this is bad.. Im over simplifying a lot but yes I think the negative effects on serum lipid profiles is definetly one of the biggest worries when using steroids . Estrogens are also made from cholesterol and they dont harmfullt effect the cholesterol levels..

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    AASs increase your risk for heart disease. This is done primarily by adverse cholesterol alterations and blood pressue increases. Some compounds do this much worse than others. Orals, in particular, really alter cholesterol mainly by driving HDL values to zero, which further increases LDL and vLDL values. Aromatizing AASs without taking AIs will greatly raise diastolic blood pressure.

what logic do you not agree with?

because of the fact that test is made from cholesterol your cholesterol goes up.. other than that Iagree with u but that logic doesnt apply..

its hard to say, especially because i haven't done much research on the topic. honestly i dont see the point of researching it extensively, the bottom line is that roids cause an increase in cholesterol, and trying to eat the least amount of cholesterol possible is a good idea.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    HDLs essentially devour LDLs in the bloodstream thus reducing atherosclerosis risk.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    i had a few weeks in hospital once because i had alot more red blood cells than normal which cause me some serious problems, after a few days they check if my heart was en-larged because of my steroid use over the years, they said it was slightly larger than normal but nothing to worry about what so ever,so in my case NO they dont

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    i had a few weeks in hospital once because i had alot more red blood cells than normal which cause me some serious problems, after a few days they check if my heart was en-larged because of my steroid use over the years, they said it was slightly larger than normal but nothing to worry about what so ever,so in my case NO they dont
    The increased viscosity due to more bloodcells is a potential risk factor. Its not totally unusual for some bodybuilders to get bloodclots. Once there was thisient who came to health central and he was obviously (to me) on steroids and they almost didnt diagnose the potentially fatal bloodclot cause that is so uncommon in young males. After the diagnose all the doctors looked at each other and said steroids! So it must not be that uncommon and increased viscosity does increase the likeliness of bloodclots. The heart enlarges doing sports anyway. In both the physiological and pathological hypertrophy the heart enlarges the same way, the only diffrence is the reason. Then ofcourse I have never heard of the heart going to the decompensatory part of hypertrophy due to active sports.. When u quit sports the heart will gradually go back to normal size most likely. Many endurance athletes have massive hearts and it remains under debate on how harmful it is.. I personally think the lipid profile is the most important risk factor in relating to steroid use and the heart.. so my advise would be to keep checking those cholesterol values if u cycle many times a year..

Thread Information