Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    University Ave
    Posts
    526

    dbol and cardio, myth?

    I have heard in the past "no cardio with dbol ". If this is true could someone tell me the reasoning behind it.

  2. #2
    bigJJ's Avatar
    bigJJ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    666
    Myth.

    Yes, you can do cardio with Dbol , if that is your question.

    There are some that say that cardio with a bulking bycle is contrary to gains. I, personally, disagree. Cardio is necessary to maintain a good cardiovascular relationship with your body during bulking.

    I do cardio and Yoga during Dbol cycles. Dbol is good for muscular gains, but cardiovascular exercise and stretching are also good for muscular gains.

    Cardio during a Tren or DNP cycle should be sort, but Dbol is not quite the same.

  3. #3
    alo5603's Avatar
    alo5603 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    584
    you should be doin cardio for the rest of your active life IMO. How much is the key. When bulking, you should still, regardless of what drugs you are on. You dont need to go all out with 45-60 minutes like in cuttin issues, but twice a week at say 20 minutes is perfect, more for your heart then anything.

    alo

  4. #4
    ns4433 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    129
    why little cardio with tren ??

  5. #5
    Mesomorphyl's Avatar
    Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pissing on saluu
    Posts
    7,024
    Quote Originally Posted by ns4433
    why little cardio with tren??
    Tren is rough on the lungs... Hard to breath.

    Myth on the dbol ... you may however before getting a good cadio session get back pumps or legs might get pumped before finishing.

  6. #6
    Maetenloch's Avatar
    Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    349
    Yes, tren severely impacts my breathing - even when I've been in good condition, once tren kicks in, I'm huffing and puffing like I've just started after a long layoff.
    The only issue I've run into doing cardio with dbol , is that I tend to get a painful back pump while running, so I switched to a bike machine for a while.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by AnatomicallyBlessed
    I have heard in the past "no cardio with dbol". If this is true could someone tell me the reasoning behind it.
    there is a reason behind (whether that reason is completely valid is up for debate)

    Int J Sports Med. 2000 Aug;21(6):412-8.


    Anabolic steroids impair the exercise-induced growth of the cardiac capillary bed.

    Tagarakis CV, Bloch W, Hartmann G, Hollmann W, Addicks K.

    Institute I of Anatomy, University of Cologne, Germany.

    BACKGROUND: Concomitant application of anabolic-androgenic steroids and physical exercise can induce cardiac hypertrophy. These experiments investigate the still unknown response of the cardiac myocytes and capillaries to the combined influence of various anabolic steroids and muscular exercise. METHODS: Female SPF-NMRI mice were divided into the following groups: a) sedentary control, b) exercise (treadmill running); c) sedentary receiving Dianabol ; d) exercise + Dianabol; e) exercise + Oral-Turinabol . After 3 and 6 weeks the left ventricular papillary muscles were studied morphometrically. Evaluated variables: minimal myocyte diameter, number of capillaries around a single myocyte, capillary density and intercapillary distance. RESULTS: Only the anabolic steroids + exercise groups showed a mild myocyte hypertrophy. In contrast, only exercise alone caused a significant increase of the capillary density after both experimental periods; e.g. capillary density after 6 weeks (capillaries/mm2, mean values +/- standard deviation, p < 0.05): control (4,272 +/- 287), exercise (5411 +/- 755), dianabol (4,004 +/- 333), dianabol + exercise (4,076 +/- 403), oral-turinabol + exercise (4,053 +/- 306). Moreover, unlike all other regimens, only exercise alone shortened the intercapillary distance. Finally, exercise without drugs induced the greatest increase in the number of capillaries around a single myocyte. CONCLUSIONS: Anabolic steroids combined with exercise: 1) induce mild hypertrophy of the cardiac myocytes, 2) impair the cardiac microvascular adaptation to physical conditioning. The microvascular impairment may cause a detrimental alteration of the myocardial oxygen supply, especially during muscular exercise.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,668

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    University Ave
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    CONCLUSIONS: Anabolic steroids combined with exercise: 1) induce mild hypertrophy of the cardiac myocytes, 2) impair the cardiac microvascular adaptation to physical conditioning. The microvascular impairment may cause a detrimental alteration of the myocardial oxygen supply, especially during muscular exercise.

    Nice post. Do you think this impairment is a permanant?

    I did believe the reasoning was because of cardiac hypertrophy. Should this not be a big concern?

  10. #10
    bigJJ's Avatar
    bigJJ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    BACKGROUND: Concomitant application of anabolic -androgenic steroids and physical exercise can induce cardiac hypertrophy. These experiments investigate the still unknown response of the cardiac myocytes and capillaries to the combined influence of various anabolic steroids and muscular exercise. METHODS: Female SPF-NMRI mice were divided into the following groups: a) sedentary control, b) exercise (treadmill running); c) sedentary receiving Dianabol ; d) exercise + Dianabol; e) exercise + Oral-Turinabol . After 3 and 6 weeks the left ventricular papillary muscles were studied morphometrically. Evaluated variables: minimal myocyte diameter, number of capillaries around a single myocyte, capillary density and intercapillary distance. RESULTS: Only the anabolic steroids + exercise groups showed a mild myocyte hypertrophy. In contrast, only exercise alone caused a significant increase of the capillary density after both experimental periods; e.g. capillary density after 6 weeks (capillaries/mm2, mean values +/- standard deviation, p < 0.05): control (4,272 +/- 287), exercise (5411 +/- 755), dianabol (4,004 +/- 333), dianabol + exercise (4,076 +/- 403), oral-turinabol + exercise (4,053 +/- 306). Moreover, unlike all other regimens, only exercise alone shortened the intercapillary distance. Finally, exercise without drugs induced the greatest increase in the number of capillaries around a single myocyte. CONCLUSIONS: Anabolic steroids combined with exercise: 1) induce mild hypertrophy of the cardiac myocytes, 2) impair the cardiac microvascular adaptation to physical conditioning. The microvascular impairment may cause a detrimental alteration of the myocardial oxygen supply, especially during muscular exercise.
    Fascinating study though it is... and it is! It is still a study done, short term, on mice.

  11. #11
    bigJJ's Avatar
    bigJJ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    666
    The sad truth is, that you will not find a long term study done on humans regarding the health benefits or detriments of Dbol , or any other steroid . Simply because they don't exist. Officially, anyway.

    If you look hard enough, there are many men (of a scientific nature) that have used themselves as human test subjects. Their experiments are not verifiable in a lab. But the fact that these men are not only alive, but willing to talk about themselves, should be enough for an HBO special, no?

    Yes!

    Crap, I thought I had it saved... Will somebody that has it, please post it??

    You know, the HBO Special...

  12. #12
    bigJJ's Avatar
    bigJJ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The desert
    Posts
    666
    What about the HUMAN athlete that runs every day? Like me?

    What about the HUMAN athlete that exercises every day? Like me?

    There are plenty, like me. Do they show a mild myocyte hypertrophy?

    Is that a bad thing?

    Do we know?

    No.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •