sitries is offline Associate Member

Can finasteride be used in a test deca cycle!!???

ok - iv been on the computer for days trawling websites looking for an answer to my question. i am about to start a 10 week cycel of test enan 500mg per wk and deca 400mg per week - however i am worried about the effect on my hairline! there is some MPB in my family so therefore i want to take all the precautions i can to stop it happening to me - the best precaution available is to take finateride at 1mg per day to stop the test from converting to DHT. However - from my research i have found two conflicting views on the subject. Here are these views quoted form people on other sites......
    view 1 -
    - Deca Durabolin - "One BIG word of caution: While you are taken Deca Durabolin never ever take 5AR blockers such as Proscar/Propecia, for it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN in tissues such as the scalp and the prostate, resulting in hairloss and BPH, which is what we are trying to avoid taking Deca."

view 2 -
    - Originally Posted by einstein1905
    "I heard you can't use finasteride with deca"
    Without fail, you'll hear this statement at least once a month.

First off, let me preface this by saying that this is true, in certain contexts.
    However, I'm an advocate of including testosterone in every cycle, so my explanation is with the assumption that one will be using nandrolone in addition to testosterone

For those that do not know, testosterone converts to DHT via the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. DHT is far more androgenic than testosterone and is the main contributor to MPB in those genetically predisposed.

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, and therefore limits the conversion of testosterone to DHT via competitive inhibition.

Nandrolone itself is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor (although it yields DHN in the process). So less DHT is produced if nandrolone is present. Also, DHN is much less androgenic than nandrolone and much less androgenic than DHT. So, finasteride with deca (nandrolone) should both work to reduce DHT levels, and since finasteride will inhibit 5a reductase, it'll also keep levels of DHN lower too.

The misconception that deca with finasteride is a bad combination stems from the the days when deca only cycles were more common (often referred to as the days before jason updated the AR homepage cycles ) If one were running a deca only cycle (or any deca cycle without test), then finasteride would be a poor choice, because DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone. However, since we're assuming test to be included in a deca cycle, and both test and DHT are far more androgenic than nandrolone, if your goal is preventing the formation of the most androgenic compounds, then both deca and finasteride work together to reduce DHT formation.

To sum things up, if you're running a test + deca cycle and are worried about MPB (and you're susceptible), then including finasteride is a far better option than NOT including it, although the nandrolone will help to reduce DHT formation on its own to some extent.

This doesn't touch on the many positive effects of DHT (libido, muscle hardness, decreased SHBG and therefore increased bioavailable AAS).....this is only in the context of preventing hairloss.

SO - which view is correct. to be honest the second view sounds like it has more scientific back up, however if heard the first view stated bt a few people in the past.

basically i just want to know whether to take the cylce as planned and use the finasteride. or just drop the deca and use the finasteride. dropping the finasteride is not an option. i like my hair too much. what i dont want to happen though is to trust view 2 and end up losing more hair due to the deca not being compatible with the finasteride. i reallt hope some 1 can help. cheers

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    bump, would like to know myself. I too have heard both sides of this debate without anyone having any solid proof.

yeah - its an annoying 1!! im waiting to order my gear but dont know what to do. its my 1st cycle so maybe i should just drop the deca and go with test alone. or maybe i should swap the deca with EQ. Im assuming that EQ, although being similar to deca in some ways, it will not also be incompatible with the finasteride. Not taking the finasteride is simply not an option! HELP!!!!
    Last edited by sitries; 12-17-2005 at 01:00 PM.

Bump

Try it and report back, come on man take one for the team! Somebodies gotta do it.

LOL - nice idea but i think il leave it to someone else. its not worht the unecessary risk. iv ordered the test enanthate and 3months worth of finsteride. im going to leave out the deca ! i did consider using EQ in its place - but to be honest - its my 1st cycle and i should gain fine on 500mg test per wk for 12weeks. i rekon il pack on some serious size as im going to be eating like a monster!!!

Sounds like the smart thing to do. Goodluck with your cycle.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Try it and report back, come on man take one for the team! Somebodies gotta do it.

HAHAHA LMFAO...take one for the team haha

Thread Information