rford78 is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb HCG-only cycle for boosting testosterone?

Has anyone tried say.... 250-750 iu's every other day for a month or longer(??), to boost test levels to normal-high from normal?

Have some Nolva/Clomid handy just in case and possible also for PCT?
    Last edited by rford78; 12-14-2005 at 08:27 PM. Reason: typos

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Hi..Welcome to the board!

Above to the right hand corner you'll see a search feature.You'll be amazed at all the valuable information buried here in the archives.You'll most likely find answers to simple questions like this using this feature.

Good Luck.

~Pinnacle~

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I know there's a board that has a source on it that is pushing this idea, the propblem is the doses recommended are at doses that can cause side effects that aren't what you want. I've read studies that show HCG raising test levels, but it was always in men with low test levels, never in men with normal levels. I don't recommend this but using nolva would be better then using HCG. HCG is used during a cycle to keep the boys alive, so you'l have one less thing to recover from, it doesn't keep you from shutting down. That way when you start PCT, you're not trying to bring the boys back from the died and recovery start quicker

JohnnyB

Rolsroyce is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rford78
    Has anyone tried say.... 250-750 iu's every other day for a month or longer(??), to boost test levels to normal-high from normal?

Have some Nolva/Clomid handy just in case and possible also for PCT?
    i use 1000 every third day and I am great of coarse I use nolva at 20 mgs per day to keep the gyno man away...

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    using HCG for this can cause detrimental issues for you.

What you would really want is arimidex at .5mg ed for around 4-6 weeks this will leave you with a substantial marked increase in your test levels.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2

What you would really want is arimidex at .5mg ed for around 4-6 weeks this will leave you with a substantial marked increase in your test levels.
    I followed Bryan's advice on this one and haven't been disappointed. Increased test levels and decreased water retention. Any harm (sides) in going for 8 weeks with arimidex Bryan?

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2

Arimidex on its own would not be a good thing for guys with already low estrogen levels. My estrogen levels are naturally very low and I know if I took adex on its own it would **** me up in a lot of ways.
    I've tested taking HCG @ just 250 iu eod along with 10mg nolva ed for 3 weeks and after 2 weeks off my free testosterone was above the normal range. Before I started, I was in the mid-normal range. This is a low dose of both HCG and nolva and for 3 weeks at a time does not cause any negative consequences. Cycles of 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off would be effective for those people who want to get their T levels to the high end of normal or even slightly supraphysiological without going the steroid route. Recovery from such a cycle is farl more rapid than if you were to take exogenous test. LH only stays slightly depressed for 1 week and total & free T stay very high during the 3 weeks you're not taking the HCG/nolva. This certainly doesn't happen with AAS!

LIke johnny b said. satch over on elite is pushing this idea. Im sure thates where you read it. But I remember reading that hcg can sjut you down. So do what you will.

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    i think an hcg only "cycle" is probably one of the worst ideas i've EVER heard. what's the point? just do some test.. you can build up a tolerance to hcg and if you ever need it- say after you do a steroid cycle-then your body might not respond to the hcg thereby making your post-cycle experience a nightmare.

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieM.
    i think an hcg only "cycle" is probably one of the worst ideas i've EVER heard. what's the point? just do some test.. you can build up a tolerance to hcg and if you ever need it- say after you do a steroid cycle-then your body might not respond to the hcg thereby making your post-cycle experience a nightmare.
    Not if you take it in small doses for short periods. Leydig cell desensitization has only ever been found to occur when VERY large doses are taken, usually for prolonged periods. Like I said, 3 weeks @ 250 iu eod is a very low dose and is effective in bringing T into the upper range of normal and beyond.
    Unlike with exogenous test, recovery is super rapid. Test levels don't drop off like what happens when you take exogenous test. Obviously gains will not be nearly as good as they would be with exo test, but over a long period of time, you will gain more by having constantly high test levels than the guy who takes nothing at all.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    I would reccomend bumping the nolva dose up to 20 to possibly avoid any desenitization of leydig cells.

If one were to do this then FlyByU's advice would be the one to go with but eventually it would lead to cell desensitization even with precautious.

And the main downfall of using an AI for extended periods of time is cholesterol health as well as joint pain

Thread Information