jdog55 is offline Associate Member

Question about keeping gains

I'm not much into science but i've been wondering. If you gain 20 lbs of LBM naturally and keep it then why is it that 20lbs of steroid induced LBM "not fat, not water" not really keepable for the long term. I don't mean months I means a year or more. It seems to take about 5 months to lose a lot of what you gained on a steroid cycle.

Jdog55

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    your bodies hormones will only support so much.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Always remember that the Human body is built for survival not appearance. So if someone stops using gear it will be harder for the body to support all of that additional LBM. But if training is still in tact and up to par, then keeping most gains will not be difficult at all. Not to mention new gains to come as well..........

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    We use AAS to exceed our natural genetic potential, once we remove the excess hormones we go back to that genetic max level.

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    I'm not much into science but i've been wondering. If you gain 20 lbs of LBM naturally and keep it then why is it that 20lbs of steroid induced LBM "not fat, not water" not really keepable for the long term. I don't mean months I means a year or more. It seems to take about 5 months to lose a lot of what you gained on a steroid cycle.

Jdog55
    As mentioned before your bodys natural hrmone levels will only support so much.

But on another note anyone who actually gains 20 pounds of actual muscle not just scale weight in a common 10-12 week cycle was nowhere near the point that they needed AAS, and they would not have the the knowledge on how to diet and maintain gains while off.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    as long as you do proper pct which includes clen , and train hard and eat right, you will keep most if not all of your gains, along with making natural gains on top of your roid gains.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    IMO has more to do with homeostasis. If the body can't adapt fast enough to the newly acquired weight, it will more than likely burn it. Same with Test-Estrogen levels, anabolic -catabolic. Food will be the most important factor on keeping any gains IMO.

Thread Information