Habeed is offline New Member

Does proviron reduce gains?

Will taking proviron at 50mg a day with 400mg test 300mg EQ reduce my gains of strength and actual muscle tissue? I was under the impression that 50mg proviron is a fairly moderate dose, and that while it may decrease estrogen plenty will still get through to get the positive effects of estrogen. And, the SHBG binding to free up more test is also supposed to help.

This is what my cycle ended up being : 400mg test 300mg EQ 50mg proviron ED. Since I don't know what to expect (this is my very first cycle) I'm now kind of anxious to see results. I did my first test dose on Saturday.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    It will not hinder your gains. It prevents excess estrogen from the test not eliminate it completely. So you'll get the benefits of estrogen without the sides.

What kind of "positive" effects do you get from estrogen? Proviron is an androgen, which i'm sure you know.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    No proviron will not hinder gains. It will help shbg from binding to free test in your body. Prviron will help keep shbg levels low.

Proviron will also help out your sex drive

Well

On another site, the profiles say estrogen is "somewhat" needed to gain strength and mass. Course, it may really be that bloat or extra fluid in the body has some connection to extra strength. (and I'm NOT doing this for the strength, I want to be stronger of course but mostly I want to look good)

While it's a little late to change things now, is this a fairly solid, likely to succeed cycle for a first go?

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies. I guess what this thread is really about is I feel like a little kid on a car trip. I keep wanting to ask myself, over and over, "is it kicking in yet? Is it working? Does this stuff work? Maybe x is stopping it from working."

For instance, for a day I was afraid to use vitamin B5 for acne because I worried that it might speed up my body's processing of steroids and reduce my gains (it might, but I've got a lot of steroids on board for a first go. There should be plenty left)
    Last edited by Habeed; 12-21-2005 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habeed
    On another site, the profiles say estrogen is "somewhat" needed to gain strength and mass. Course, it may really be that bloat or extra fluid in the body has some connection to extra strength. (and I'm NOT doing this for the strength, I want to be stronger of course but mostly I want to look good)
    yes, the water retension and storing of fat may help with gains, but you will look like shit, lol. Proviron will help you more than hinder you.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by AnatomicallyBlessed
    What kind of "positive" effects do you get from estrogen? Proviron is an androgen, which i'm sure you know.
    Estrogen binds to the estrogen receptor on muscle exerting an anabolic effect. Then there's glycogen storage, etc.

Oh

Thanks, guys. Didn't see it that way : sure, reduced estrogen might reduce my gains but its sorta a moot point, since extra fat deposition means I have to cut later to lose that extra fat, and during the cut I lose strength, so I end up right where I would have been had I not gained the fat while bulking in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Estrogen binds to the estrogen receptor on muscle exerting an anabolic effect. Then there's glycogen storage, etc.
    Considering to the anabolic effect you will get from the gear, I don't see how estrogen could make much of a difference when it comes to an anabolic effect. I think is more about the storing of nutrients (fat) and water.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    A certain amount of estrogen is required for maximum anabolic growth. Unless you're taking large doses of proviron , you should still have sufficient levels of estrogen. As an AI, proviron doesn't compare with arimidex , etc., but it has other benefits that make up for this.

PowerHouse555 is offline Associate Member
    no proviron will not hinder your gains it can acually help your gains....read on
    "due to its extremely high affinity for plasma binding proteins such as SHBG, Proviron may actually work to increase the activity of other steroids by displacing a higher percentage into a free, unbound state."

http://www.************.com/steroid-...terolone).html

Thread Information