PaulieM. is offline Banned

All About Dnp!!!!!!!

THIS IS QUOTED OUT OF ANABOLICS 2005:

DNP is one of the most controversial drugs in use by bodybuilders today. This agent is not sold for human use anywhere in the world at this time, but is readily available as an industrial chemical. among other things, it is used as an intermediary for production of certain dyes, for photographic development, as a fungicide, in wood pressure-treatment to prevent rotting, and as an insecticide. although quite incongruous with this list of strong industrial/chemical uses, it was also sold a long time ago as a diet drug for humans. in fact, it was the first synthetic drug that was ever used for weight reduction in this country. popular brand names include Dinitroso, Nitromet, Dinitrenal and Alpha Dinitrophenol, and at the peak of DNP's popularity could be found in pharmacies all across the country.

as the story goes, the fat-loss properties of DNP were first noticed during world war 1, when overnight men working with dnp in munitions plants started losing substantial amounts of weight. it did not take very long for this chemical to be packaged as a drug product, and by 1935 more than 100,000 americans had used "patent medicine" remedies that included dnp. it was being widely advertised as a new, safe and effective way to get thin. but it didn't take long for reports of side effects to start pouring in. one such incident involved a dozen women in california, who were temporarily blinded by the drug. numerous reports of dnp liked cataracts were coming in from all over, from countries like the U.S., france and italy. it was said to be happening with doses as little as 100mg daily when taken for longer periods. with such highly unfavorable safety reports, the drug was soon pulled. by 1938, just three years later, it was off the market for good.

dinitrophenol induces weight loss by uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation, thereby markedly increasing the metabolic rate and body temperature. while this is an extremely effective way of producing rapid weight loss, there seems to be no ceiling to dnp's temperature increasing effect. herein lies perhaps its most dangerous trait; it may allow body temperature to rise to levels that can be damaging, even fatal. writer carl malmberg made perhaps one of the earliest and most famous quotes about it back in the 1930's, when he reported about a physician who was "literally cooked to death" from using it. this was no isolated case either, AND THE DOSE USED WAS PROBABLY NOT FRIGHTENINGLY HIGH. a man recently died on long island, for example, AFTER TAKING DNP FOR ONLY 4 DAYS. the dose used was reportedly 600mg per day, just 3 capsules of the now underground "standard" amount of 200mg. no doubt he thought the dose he was using was going to be safe-it wasn't.

the typical dose used by bodybuilders is reportedly 2mg per kg of bodyweight each day. this would mean a dose of 200mg if you weigh in at about 220 pounds. this seems to be the dose most underground sellers of dnp are putting in their capsules. at this level, admittedly, the fat loss can be scary it is so rapid. some people are capable of losing 1/2 to 1 pound of fat weight, each and every day with its use. this can mean a drop of 15-20 pounds of in only a few weeks. not many weight-loss drugs even come close to this. but then there are its many potential side effects, including increased heart rate, breathing rate, nausea, elevated body temperature, insomnia, profuse sweating, rash, decreased white blood cell count and death. the strong incidence of any side effect should immediately indicate a need to stop using the drug, unless of course you are dead, in which case this will work itself out.

i was hesitant to even include a profile on this drug in my book, for fear it might entice someone, who otherwise may not have known about it, to use it. but ultimately i decided it would be better to include it. the true story of dnp is a scary one, and now more than ever needs to be told. bodybuilders need to understand that the reemergence of underground dnp in the 1990's is not a revolutionary new achievement in fat loss, but a scary reiteration of one of our biggest past mistakes. it is a drug from a time when an unregulated market was allowing dangerous chemicals like this to harm the public. the food and drug administration exists today because we need to protect ourselves from things like this. the lessons learned in the 1930's should not be forgotten. DNP IS A DANGEROUS DRUG, AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED. THERE ARE MUCH SAFER WAYS OF LOSING FAT!!!!!

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Very good info, thank you for posting. I actually have been trying to find some basic no BS info on what it was and where it came from. From the way this stuff sounds it is like Clen on Steroids .

I thought I saw a few people here using it and one has been on going, I need to dig that post out and look. I would like to see how it would do for me but the racing heart part scares me too much.

Interesting to try for about 10-12 pounds of Fat loss.. But not worth dying I suppose.

you're right, it sounds good-but the side effects just seem like too much for me.

bump

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I used DNP and the 'worse' thing about it was having too shower 3-5 times ed.

little-one is offline Associate Member
    Call me an asshole all you want Paulie, but I havent heard of one death, or any serious side effects of taking dnp at 200mg per day for 10-20 days.
    Just the usual sweating, and the general "shitty feeling".

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I've heard of dudes getting rushed to the E-room though. I don't know if they were using excessive doses or what but DNP can mess you up if you're not careful.

Darkness is offline Member
    I've taken DNP up to the "said" fatal dose of 600mgs. It although did nothing to speed the fat loss progress and surely did increase my sweats. At 200-400mgs for no more than 10-15 days it seems to not give many problems.

bump

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    The key to dnp is to test your tolerance, people react very differently to it, slowly increase dosage, dont just jump up.

goose is offline Banned
    Interestingly, one medical theory on a health ADVANTAGE of DNP is that the slight increase in thermogenic temperature simulates the fever a body induces during a viral attack. The body increases its heat to protect organs but kill viruses, and some theorize that DNP can do the same thing, thus killing viruses in the body. In this mechanism, DNP may have an immune-enhancing effect.

goose4..........

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I used DNP and the 'worse' thing about it was having too shower 3-5 times ed.
    Very interesting. How long did you run it for, and did you see signifcant weight loss per day or per week? No side-effects besides dripping with sweat, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    I've taken DNP up to the "said" fatal dose of 600mgs. It although did nothing to speed the fat loss progress and surely did increase my sweats. At 200-400mgs for no more than 10-15 days it seems to not give many problems.
    How about you? What did you experience while running DNP ? Did you lose massive amounts of weight? How long did you run it for?

G.I JOE is offline Junior Member
    ive ran 3 cycles of dnp so far and luckily ive been fine. im on my 12th day now at 400mgs a day plan on stopin on the 15th day. I dont know about any one else but the scale still shows the same weight but after a few days im off i drop maybe 5-7 lbs. Only time i sweat is when im sleepin and threw out the day if i go to a store and the heat is a lil on the high side. Im thinkin of uppin the dose to 600 because i barely break a sweet threw the day and my temp is roughly around 98 degrees.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Here's a collection of links on DNP :

http://www.geocities.com/byggdegstor/dnpforside.htm

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I JOE
    ive ran 3 cycles of dnp so far and luckily ive been fine. im on my 12th day now at 400mgs a day plan on stopin on the 15th day. I dont know about any one else but the scale still shows the same weight but after a few days im off i drop maybe 5-7 lbs. Only time i sweat is when im sleepin and threw out the day if i go to a store and the heat is a lil on the high side. Im thinkin of uppin the dose to 600 because i barely break a sweet threw the day and my temp is roughly around 98 degrees.
    It sounds like you need to add in some t3? I would do that before upping your DNP dosage.

Thread Information