jonasb is offline New Member

perkocet's hinder gains?

two years ago I took a thirtyfoot fall at work,damaging a couple of disks in my lower back, Besides getting rid of sqats and deadlifts from my routine I have been activley bodybuilding since. My doctor has had me on perkocets as a pain reliver,my question is if I dont let the meds suppress my appitite can this drud hinder my gains in any other way on or off cycle. I take around 20-30mgs of perkocet daily.

bump

bump

hello

anybody?

USN DV is offline Associate Member
    I'm not familar with the drug, I personally would make core training a corner stone in my training program if recovering from an injury.

USN DV

perkocet's are an opiate derived pain killer

input please

My input is to stay off that shit, man. It may not hinder your gains directly, but indirectly it WILL mess you up very badly. It's a highly addictive drug, believe me, my brother is addicted to it and it has thrown him off his regimine.

Is there anything you can do to fix the discs? If so, do it. Percs only mask the pain, and that is not what you want to do.

WhiteyeBrowe* is offline New Member
    Yes it does and if u have to run the Perks definetely run a liver protetctants ur round.

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasb
    two years ago I took a thirtyfoot fall at work,damaging a couple of disks in my lower back, Besides getting rid of sqats and deadlifts from my routine I have been activley bodybuilding since. My doctor has had me on perkocets as a pain reliver,my question is if I dont let the meds suppress my appitite can this drud hinder my gains in any other way on or off cycle. I take around 20-30mgs of perkocet daily.
    I personally think that painkillers have some negative effect on test levels. I have little sex drive when I am on them. Percocet has acetaminophen in them and that is hard on the liver if taken at high doses for along time. I personally don't think it shoud noticably hinder your gains but that is just my opinion from experience. I have to take vicodin quite often for a neck injury. I have not noticed any negative effects other than low sex drive and some constipation. I would rather not take them but I have no choice. There are alot of different dosages I would try to take the one with the least acetaminophen. Like whitey said definately get some milk thistle or some kind of liver cleanse.
    Last edited by justtrnd40; 12-23-2005 at 08:49 AM.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Percocet is a NSAID (non-steriodial anti-inflam. drug) being a class 2 controlled substance! It is an anti-inflam. when working out you want to break down the muscle fibers, im not sure if suppressing the prostaglandins would have any effect on nutrient uptake, but i will bet my BIG TOE it does. If it supresses your appetite, how do you expect to adequate cals? As someone said before narcotics ARE addictive! and only mask the pain... good luck to you brother.

Thread Information